Connect with the reel self (article)

Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Samir Soni, Actor

The character Kunal Chopra is on my mind since the past few weeks. I am playing this character on a new TV show titled Parichay.

My last serial was Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi and I am returning to television after seven years. I am really anxious as to how people will react to it.

The programme revolves around Kunal, a fallen hero who is a lawyer, leading a disinterested life. However, he gets a second chance.

Kunal lives life on his own terms and somehow I can really connect with the character. Ekta (Kapoor) told me that she was scripting the character with me in mind.

Even during the shoot, many instances  actually made me feel that the character resembles me a lot.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Charu21 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 6
Absolutely!!! i too can't think of anyone else playing Kunal... It's written for Sameer only.. 
But as far as i know, initially EK had chosen some other actor 4 this role (those may b rumours ðŸ¤”)
Thanx a ton for sharing da article... ðŸ¤— sorry my 'like' is not working but u can assume my 'love' for ur post!!! ðŸ˜†
HaHaHeHe-Hupp thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hats off to ekta for bringing such ideas to make two shows are BAlh and parichaya. So far i have seen almost all shows of ekta i found them copy of one another but these shows are really quite different from those shows . Unique concept ! Hope that other imitator dont copy these concepts to make their shows interesting . Say anything about ekta but she is virtually sagacious director producer .

Samir , dont need to worry, i m sure of ur fans wanting even in kunnal role. U are well versed actor and promising as well.
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks Pia for the article , lets see how much of Samir we see in Kunaal
HaHaHeHe-Hupp thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Yaar one characterstic i can see in both is to be obstinate. . Kunnal is kind of humourous and gullible person.