08/10/2011: Devaki RELEASES the devatmas

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
Krishna tells Devaki that due to her affections, she fails to see the differences b/w body & soul & thinks that her babies are still suffering.  So he gives her the divine power to see their actual forms.  The babies all disappear and in their place, the 6 devatmas all appear.  All 6 of them bow to Devaki, thanking her for carrying them in her womb for 9 months, nurturing them inside but telling her that they need to return to Devalok, and that they can't until she gives them permission.  Devaki is happy to see them and blesses them, granting them her approval, and they disappear.

Devaki then apologizes to Krishna for putting him thru so much of pain, and thanking him for saving her from such a major sin.  Krishna tells her that she needn't ever bow to him or apologize to him since she's his mother.  Devaki tells him that she's now @ peace, and that she can happily return to Mathura w/ his father 😕  Next day, in court, Balarama tells Krishna that Vasudev & Devaki have safely arrived in Mathura.

They are then interrupted by some soldiers, who've brought in a man.  Krishna asks what's the deal, and Balarama tells him that today, for the first time in Dwarka, a theft has happened, and that too, the thief has stolen jewelry from a temple that adorned the goddesses 🤢  Krishna wants to hear more, but Balarama tells him that the jewelry had been found in his house.  The accused's wife comes there and protests her husband's innocence as well, but Balarama threatens to have her share half the penalty as well.  Balarama then rules his judgement - that man has 7 days to compensate the state for what he had stolen, and if he fails, he'd be exiled from the kingdom.  The accused is @ a loss.

Later, in private, Krishna tries to reason w/ Balarama, but Balarama tells him that if he lets this go lightly, then that will serve as a precedent for future crimes.  Krishna tells him that they've not seen or heard all the evidence, and for all they know, some enemy of the accused may have stolen it and planted it in that man's house to incriminate him.  Balarama refuses to listen to this, and tells him that he's off to rest, and advises Krishna to do the same.  Krishna is worried.

Next morning, the wife of the accused, who's sleeping next to her son, gets up, and sees her husband is not there.  She starts looking for him and calling him, and goes out and is shocked by what she sees - her husband has hanged himself 😲😭

Later in Balarama's court, she has her husband's corpse right next to her, and screams & Balarama & Krishna that her husband has proven his innocence by dying 😕 She accuses them of laying false charges on him, as a result of which he took his life.  She curses them that their womenfolk would one day too be widowed as a result of what they did to her.  Balarama looks disturbed, and Krishna looks upset.
I liked the first part of the episode - Devaki sees reason, and releases her sons.  In the original, it was shown that Devaki actually got the chance to breast-feed her babies, but I prefer how it was shown here - she sees that her babies would be @ peace if released to go back to Devalok.  I do think that instead of the following story, they had spent time telling Devaki the history of their curse from Brahma, and how their deaths were a result of that curse, not just Kamsa.  Anyway, I was glad Devaki was satisfied.

The next thing didn't make sense - Vasudev & Devaki returning to Mathura?  Jarasandha was still the emperor - Yudhisthir hadn't managed to oust him, so that was the reason Krishna had withdrawn the Yadavas from there in the first place.  In reality, Vasudev & Devaki, just like the rest, lived in Dwarka.  It's strange that they brought them in just for Krishna's marriage.  I agree w/ Lola - maybe Sagar Pictures doesn't like these 2 😕 Otherwise, are they going to bring them back for any family events - Krishna's other marriages, Subhadra's marriage to Arjun, birth of Krishna's sons & daughters, etc?

I had 2 problems w/ the incident of the accused thief.  One is that they're trying to make Dwarka look like a generic kingdom by projecting what might have happened in other kingdoms happening in Dwarka.  Better choice for such exercises might have been other kingdoms, like Hastinapur, Chedi, Magadha, Bhojakot, et al.  But the part I really hated was Balarama getting back into his impetuous mode - making a judgement w/o hearing all the facts.  Made him look like, if not a tyrant, at least a ruler lacking any patience.  If they wanted to make Krishna somebody who corrects the mistake of the king, why make that king Balarama, instead of Ugrasena, who was not divine, and more likely to get things wrong?

I didn't agree w/ the widow's accusation that his death proved his innocence.  A guilty thief too could have committed suicide on being caught in order to escape having to recompense the treasury.

I can't see a good ending to this episode.  If Krishna brings that man back to life, it will make a mockery of not only his earlier statement, but his avatar, given how Krishna didn't do that for anyone in Kurukshetra.  If he doesn't, an innocent man - assuming the innocence is proven by finding out the actual culprit - would have died, leaving a kalank on Balarama's fair name. 😡

I want to see an end to this defamation of Balarama!!! 😡😡😡
Thank God (rather, Thank Krishna 😊) that they brought the element of 'Divya Drishti' in the story, otherwise we do not know what would happen to the 'characterisation' of Devaki in DBSK at the end 😕... They at last completed that track!  😊   Her 'Realisation' sc was good! ⭐️

But yes, returning to Mathura??? 😕  I was also surprised!! 😕  May be Aalochak is right as he said in the post in EDT that the creatives/ production team will try to get rid of these characters (like Vasudev-Devaki) after this incident (as they may be working in a tight budget 😃)...  Don't know the reason 😔... Or the logic 😔 behind this partcular decision by Vasudev-Devaki.

Completely agree with the post of Vrish regarding the theft and all... And yes, also about Balram...

About Balram, just yesterday I read the Rukmini Haran part from SB and found that the dialogue of Krishna which included that concept of - 'One Aatma pervades all the living and non-living things'- the great sequence which I really liked ⭐️, was ACTUALLY told by Balram in that very sequence! ⭐️ So SB has presented Balaram in a very different light... The creatives should not change the character of Balram SO MUCH, as they have already done with Devaki 😔.

Thanks for the update  the first part was good, Krishna giving Devki, divya drashti, to see the realiaty of her sons, she releases them from her illusive bondage. Vasudev & Devki went to Mathura for whom? can't they live with their sons in Dwaka.

The 2nd prt was disturbing, Krishna could have seen with his divya drashti, what is truth about this theft & the man's death could have been prevented. His wife Ramya's curse also looks unacceptablt. Anyone who is unhappy with Krishna & Balaram's decisions & acts, will come & curse them, that way a king's life will be full of curses. He & his family can never live happily, really want to see this track ending sensibly.
May be they will show Syamantakmani's track next, where Krishna is accused for the missing gem.
Edited by mnx12 - 12 years ago