Nicholas Sparks!

fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Hiya all!๐Ÿค—
I am a silent member of this forum...i think this is my first topic here. Not sure. So bear with me!๐Ÿ˜ณ

I am quite a fan of Nicholas Sparks books...haven't read all his books yet but im getting there!
I am currently reading 'The Guardian'.
Sparks' books are pretty famous and some of them have been turned into movies. But i usually find the books better.
So...what are your thoughts?

Do you like Nicholas Sparks books?

-If so, what's your favorite Nicholas Sparks book?
-If not, why do you not like them?

-Have you watched the movies based on Sparks' books?
-Did you like the movie?
-Did you find the book better or the movie?

A
Nicholas Sparks that you would like to recommend?

So, lets discuss!(:

xoxo
-Lara๐Ÿ˜Š

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aishwaryagayen thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
huh i kinda read everything written by him
yes i love his books
THE NOTEBOOK is my fav
they just make me go in a fairy tale wiithout making me think tht everythign has a happy ending as i know its not possibleee
i love themm

i liked the books betterrr
but
THE LAST SONG .. i preferred the movie moreee
i actually miss tht essence of thoughts in his moviee , it all feels dramatic in alll but in last song i found something different

i suggest
THE LUCKY ONE & THE NOTEBOOK

fly2me thumbnail
^ I heard 'The Lucky One' is really very good. Will read it soon(:

I love his books. My favorite Nicholas Sparks book is 'A Walk to Remember'. No doubt. I have re-read it so many times. And then 'The Notebook' and 'The Rescue' follow!

And i always prefer the book better than the movies. Though, the movies are great too!!

And to those who haven't read his books...i would like to recommend 'The Rescue'...Its FAB.

:)

Hey there! 
Well I haven't seen any of the films based on Sparks' books. Weird, I know because I adore his books. But I have a feeling that if I watch a movie of one of my favourite book, it might the ruin the image of the character that I have imagined in my head. eh does that make sense? Anyway, for example - I read The Last Song and when I watched the trailer of The Last Song movie, it ruined the character imagination I had for the lead. I mean Miley Cyrus is nothing compared what I thought of the main lead. So in my opinion the books are better, according to me :) Of course you opinion may vary mine :)

My favourite book by Spark is undoubtedly "The Wedding". I've lost count as though how many times I've actually read it. The character are so so well written and Sparks' nailed it with Wilson's narration of the story. Absolute brilliant piece of work. Out all the books I read, this one beats them all :)

Suggestion - The Wedding (obviously), The Last Song, Dear John

x x
fly2me thumbnail
^ I totally get what you mean. The last song ruined the image i had for the character as well. But you should watch The Notebook and A Walk To Remember...GREAT movies. Yes, you probably will find the book better but these two films are fab!(:
<3
chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
The Last Song was actually written specially for Miley to play the lead...
chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: fly2me

Hiya all!๐Ÿค—
I am a silent member of this forum...i think this is my first topic here. Not sure. So bear with me!๐Ÿ˜ณ

I am quite a fan of Nicholas Sparks books...haven't read all his books yet but im getting there!
I am currently reading 'The Guardian'.
Sparks' books are pretty famous and some of them have been turned into movies. But i usually find the books better.
So...what are your thoughts?

Do you like Nicholas Sparks books?
Yep, I've read all of them :)
-If so, what's your favorite Nicholas Sparks book?
Three Weeks With My Brother and The Wedding

-Have you watched the movies based on Sparks' books? I've seen A Walk To Remember, The Notebook, Dear John and The Last Song.
-Did you like the movie? Yep, I liked all of them :)
-Did you find the book better or the movie? I wouldn't say better but they were as good as :)

A
Nicholas Sparks that you would like to recommend? Three Weeks With My Brother definitely :)

So, lets discuss!(:

xoxo
-Lara๐Ÿ˜Š

fly2me thumbnail
Originally posted by: chhilt

The Last Song was actually written specially for Miley to play the lead...

Oh, really?!...I didn't know that. That's cool.
aish_punk thumbnail

i read his books :) my fav i think is the notebook.

the movie was also really good, but not better than the book, of course. and i've seen the last song too, but did'nt read the book!

i also read a walk to remember, honestly i feel the end was really sad! and i cant deal with such books, they're not usually my type.

suggestion - i'm not sure, cause everyone would have read the two books i mentioned above! there was another book i read by him, but cant remember the name =/

iTangled_25 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I only read "A walk to remember" and there I am his fan! It had got and buy four other books! I'm reading "the last song" now!

A walk to remember, both movie and book was great! I'd recommend it to anyone!