CID

STORY CONTEST - 5 (STORIES POSTED ON NEW THREAD)

visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Hi All,

Welcome to the 5th story contest of our forum. This one is going to be something different and probably tough. This will require some research on your part and you'll all need to see some old episodes too.

Here's the theme(not plot):

We all see some very good promos which look interesting and when we finally see the episode we end up disappointed. We've had people like Sunny re-writing some episodes like AC 9 and CID on Fire.

For this contest each participant has to pick out one episode from the 14 years of CID, take the basic theme of the story and re-write the entire story in a way you think would have been better.

Therefore, each participant writes a different story and your story will be compared to the original episode that was shown on TV. The better you make it, the higher will be your score.

Rules:

1. Participants have to  mention the episode name and air date and post link to the written update (and if possible, the video) on top of your entry. If the WU is not available, please post video link.  If both are not available, please avoid choosing that episode.

2. Your score will be out of 20. 10 for the story you have written and 10 for the level of improvement over the original episode. This is tricky, but I will explain it later.

3. The basic plot has to be the same as the original story. For eg, if you are choosing 'Kissa Aadamkhor Aadmi ka', you should have a man eater there. If you are choosing 'Kissa kati hui laash ka', there have to be pieces of a human body in the story.

4. You may retain some of the scenes as they are shown in the original if they are really good. But the scene should smoothly fit into the rest of your story.

5. You shouldn't copy-paste the entire story and only change a scene or 2. It has to be at least 75% your version.

6. I will not say 'no injuries/hospital'. You are welcome to choose such episodes too. 😆

7. We will have our tentative deadline as Sep 10. Will be adjusted according to participants' convenience, but we cannot indefinitely extend it.

8. Please visit this thread regularly for updates. I will put them up on the second post of this thread. I will not be able to PM each and everyone when there is an update. I hope you all understand.

Please PM me for any clarifications/suggestions if they are confidential. If it is a general doubt, please post it here, so that everyone can know about it.

9. Participants may send more than one entry if you have time!!! You'll have to choose 2 different episodes.

Wish you all the best!
Edited by visrom - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

visrom thumbnail

Answer to Astonish's question on the team. This is the rule.

The episode shouldn't become 'outdated'.

You can remake an old episode with present team.

You can remake an old episode with the team which was originally present.

But you cannot re-make a new episode with old team. (Sorry, Asha, Sudhakar fans)

Bhavanab thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Ooh !!! Now this is tough ... really really tough !!!! Bahut zyaada dimaag ladaana padega 😆 ...

Some questions :- ... We just need to have the basic plot similar right ??? Our story can be quuite a bit different from the original ... for eg. If we had Kissa Aadamkhor Aadmi ka ... had a man eater killing people ... just this point we can take and develop on that right ?? Or like the episode had a girl's hand found ... and etc etc. ... so is that also compulsory to take or how the team gets to know of the culprit be diff. From the original. ??

Q2) .. Can the final culprit be different ...??? I mean at times specially in the old episodes ... we didn't know who the culprit was till the end ... and surprisingly we thought of someone as criminal and it tuurned to be someone else 😉 ... so can we change the criminal ???

Q3) ... Extra scenes can be added right ?? I mean instead of midifying the scenes we can add some extra scenes ??? Like any fun moments ... and also change the was team was distributed ??

Hehehe ... I'm a bit confused actually 😛 ... ab jaise behroopiya liya ... then can we change it ... I mean make Daya only the behroopiya for surprise etc etc ... 😉 ...

Looks like I'm a bit too confused ... I mean to say ... apart from the general basic plot ... can the whole story including the criminal,team distribution etc etc be ours???? That's the basic confusion 😛

And yes ... excellent idea Vis ... this one really makes us think !!
visrom thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Bhavanab

Ooh !!! Now this is tough ... really really tough !!!! Bahut zyaada dimaag ladaana padega 😆 ...

Some questions :- ... We just need to have the basic plot similar right ??? Our story can be quuite a bit different from the original ... for eg. If we had Kissa Aadamkhor Aadmi ka ... had a man eater killing people ... just this point we can take and develop on that right ?? Or like the episode had a girl's hand found ... and etc etc. ... so is that also compulsory to take or how the team gets to know of the culprit be diff. From the original. ??

YES. It is not compulsory to take how the team gets to know the culprit etc. You can change upto 90% of it. The 10% is just the basic plot. Your story should have the basic plot, that's all.

Q2) .. Can the final culprit be different ...??? I mean at times specially in the old episodes ... we didn't know who the culprit was till the end ... and surprisingly we thought of someone as criminal and it tuurned to be someone else 😉 ... so can we change the criminal ???

YES!!! You can change that too.

Q3) ... Extra scenes can be added right ?? I mean instead of midifying the scenes we can add some extra scenes ??? Like any fun moments ... and also change the was team was distributed ??

SURE!!! You can delete the Tji flirting scenes and add your own cute duo scenes.

Hehehe ... I'm a bit confused actually 😛 ... ab jaise behroopiya liya ... then can we change it ... I mean make Daya only the behroopiya for surprise etc etc ... 😉 ...

Looks like I'm a bit too confused ... I mean to say ... apart from the general basic plot ... can the whole story including the criminal,team distribution etc etc be ours???? That's the basic confusion 😛

Yes, this is mainly to change an episode which has full of loopholes, silly investigation, vanishing acts and predictable culprits to an interesting episode.

And yes ... excellent idea Vis ... this one really makes us think !!

My answers are given in red. ^

Another point I am mentioning, you can even choose a great episode and make it even better...you can choose an Asha era episode and make it with Sachin...If we get another version of 'Father's revenge', why not???? 😉 Not sure if anyone would attempt it, but still...
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Hmmm! An interesting plot. I will definitely try, but 10 September is next to impossible
Bhavanab thumbnail
The dates can be extended accordingly Nanda !!!

Thanks for clearing the doubt ... I'm already doing an ena meena mynah moh and shortlisting the episode to choose !!!!
visrom thumbnail

Very good. I hope to see some active discussions here.  It will encourage others too. I don't want anyone watching from the sidelines.

astonish thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I will have to recheck all the cases to see which one is too ðŸ¤¢ i cant remember cases with their names..
Will Search for one which is near to the concepts cooking in my mind... so that i can enhance the existing ðŸ¤¢ story with nice tadka ðŸ˜ˆ

Nice idea Vis... The only thing I am afraid is that I might take ðŸ¤¢ case of CID and convert it into a  case of CID itslef... ðŸ˜† 
Bhavanab thumbnail
Heheehe I'm planning to take am already successful awsome story ... and write my own version of it ... achchca bane ya nahi ... but mazaa aayega 😛
DemonStar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
That's a pretty unique and cool idea, really. There are so many to choose from, this is gonna be fun! 😃 Will get started soon.