Dharampatni

TOI: Tale of a selfless wife

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Tale of a selfless wife

TNN | Aug 16, 2011, 12.00AM IST

Television is soon going to get a new 'ideal' wife in Kastur to be played by Aasiya Kazi on Imagine TV's upcoming show Dharampatni. 

Kastur is simple by nature and deeply rooted to her Gujarati culture. Her husband Mohan, to be played by Harshad Chopda, on the other hand, believes that culture and values are an albatross around the neck, and seeks to embrace modernity. The show highlights Kastur's journey, as she works tirelessly behind the scenes for Mohan's success and endeavours to make him understand the importance of being rooted. 

Aasiya, who was last seen in Bandini, says, "The audiences loved me earlier as Santo and I hope that they will accept me as Kastur." Harshad adds, "My character has very interesting shades to it." 

Saurabh Tewari, Head of Programming - Fiction, Imagine TV says, "We are sure that women will be able to identify with the show." Nikhil Madhok, Senior Director - Marketing & Communications, Imagine TV, adds, "The promo has generated a lot of interest."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

manasi_31 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for sharing ...

Looking forward to the many shades of Mohan ... Not sure about women (esp 99% of them LOL) being able to identify with esp Kastur as the head of programming says since times have changed now... Hoping for the best 

God bless DP and the team
april10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Really excited for this show.  Hope to see HC in another excellent role

Armu4eva thumbnail
Super excited.. !! <3  HC-Asiya.. great actors.. DJs is a different production house ... 

Best wishes to the Cast n Crew.. Just rock it.. 👍🏼
Shahara3 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing, Aasiya and Harshad will be great, both are great actors.

I do hope that Kastur is portrayed with a backbone though, dont mind a dutiful wife but one who can stand up for herself is required and not a pushover 😳 Plzzz
pyar-ishk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the article Tanu

Imagine synopsis is more digested then this article. I don't know what women Mr.Tewari is referring to but I don't know any woman like that in this time and age.There is nothing wrong in supporting your husband but the make same like a servant or slave.
-Fatima- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
so excited for the show
thankz for sharing tanu :)
_SilentSoul_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks a lot for sharing! Super-duper excited! :D
-Awantika- thumbnail
Thanks for Sharing 😊