8/16/2011: Krishna OUT to prove his INNOCENCE

Poll

Which oaths do you prefer

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Satrajit continues to accuse Krishna of stealing his gem, as well as killing his brother for it, and an argument ensues w/ Balarama.  Balarama asks him what proof does he have that Krishna stole it, and right then, Ramiya enters and tells him that she was an eyewitness to Krishna demanding the gem from Prasenjit.  She challenges Balarama to ask Krishna whether it's true or not.  Krishna tells her that she probably did see him demand the gem from Prasenjit, but what she didn't see was that after Prasenjit refused, Krishna just continued w/o fighting Prasenjit or taking the gem.  Ramiya confronts Balarama and tells him that her husband too was innocent, but wasn't listened to when they protested.  Balaram is unable to face her, since he gets flashbacks of how he ruthlessly addressed her when she protested her innocence.  Ramiya accuses him of having one set of rules for citizens, and another for Krishna.

Revathy intervenes and tells Ramiya that she's motivated by revenge.  Satrajit tells her that she may be motivated by revenge, but he's not, and that he had nothing against Krishna b4 this incident, and repeats that Krishna is a thief.  Just then, Amod and his mom 🤣 enter and confront Satrajit, and Amod's mom dares him how could someone who's a god be after a mere gem?  Satrajit mocks her for calling a man a god, when he's nothing but a common thief, and has been since his childhood.  He tells Balarama that if this is allowed to go unchallenged, then it would be a stain on not just Krishna, but on Balarama and Dwarka as well.

Balaram moves and is about to assault Satrajit, when Krishna intervenes.  He takes a vow in front of the clouds, the oceans, the sun, the moon (I think I liked the ASR oaths more, where the dasho dishao, gandharva, kinnaro, apsarao were made to bear witness 😆 - see poll above) that he'll go and find Prasenjit and the gem, and until he does, he will not see Dwarka, and nor would Dwarka see him.  He then walks out, and Balarama, Revathy & Rukmini follow him.  Balarama asks him why he's doing such things in haste, but Krishna tells him that it's not in haste, and that Satrajit was right about the kingdom's reputation being in stake.  Balarama tells him that if he doesn't find them, then that would be the last that they see of him.  Krishna tells him that if they don't even try, then they'd be setting a horrible example to society.  Balarama then gives his consent, but wants to go w/ him.  Krishna tells him that he does need to rule Dwarka, so to trust him.  Balarama tells him to take Akrura and a small contingent w/ him, and overrules him. 😆  Revathy asks Krishna to take good care of himself, and Krishna assures a tearful Rukmini that he'll be back very soon. (Poor Rukmini - it's the last time she'll see Krishna as her hubby alone 😭😆)

Krishna, Akrura and their contingent are out, and Akrura asks him where to find Prasenjit?  Krishna sees an ashram, and tells him that they'll ask the sages there and find out.  He takes his bow (why a bow when you're entering an ashram?) and sees the rishis tied up to a tree.  The rishis plead for Krishna to save them.  Just then, 2 monsters appear in the sky and mock the rishis.  Krishna then raises his bow and a brief battle ensures (Yea, Krishna uses his bow again, so that's why!!!  Incidentally, the shape of this bow was rather odd, @ the ends 😆)  After a brief clash of weapons, Krishna invokes his discus, and it goes and kills the 2 monsters, and Akrura's contingent comes in and releases the rishis.

The rishis thank Krishna profusely, and Krishna asks them whether they know where the Syamantaka gem is.  The rishis meditate on it for a while, and then see the gem @ the mouth of a cave.  They then tell Krishna that north of Dwarka, there is a cave which has the gem.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks Vrish for your update . I too had almost written one (just now) but  by the time I could press the submit button you had uploaded yours.

Ok - I will volunteer- any day
RadhaKrishan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Even I liked the ASR Oath much, I was finding this one odd and I am actually not able to understand y they r bringing everyone back. I mean the characters like Amod and his mom, their part is complete but Y there were back here now...
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Regarding the Syamantaka Mani episodes -

In the SB, Satrajit does accuse Krishna of theft- though not in such an outspoken manner as shown

When Satrajit comes to know of the disappearance, this is what the Bhagavatham has to say -

He said, "Krishna probably killed my brother, who went to the forest wearing the jewel on his neck." The general populace heard this accusation and began whispering it in one another's ears."

Be prepared for more tears when the group accompanying krishna retuns w/o him. ðŸ˜­ ðŸ˜­ 
Edited by varaali - 12 years ago
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Thanks for the update, Liked the way Krishna acted when accused. I actually watch this show to understand Krishna's teachings.They fianlly showed Akrur yesterday, Now the SM story moves further.
Regarding the poll, this is the 1st mytho show I am watching after a long time, so this is the only oath I have seen so far.😆
I can write updates any day, just Pm me.😊
Edited by mnx12 - 12 years ago
sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
So I don't usually comment here, but, I like how this show seems to be coming real dramatic like a tv serial rather than a spiritual/devotional/mythological show.

Just one question, could you please explain the oaths, in a bit more detail, to me?
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
^^^In the ASR version, the person who took the oaths - Sita, Indrajit or whoever (these 2 were the ones who used it most often) would address the various celestial groups - Devas, Asuras, Gandharvas, Kinnaras, Apsaras and everyone in all 10 directions to witness what they have to say, or the oath they're about to take.

Here, Krishna addresses natural elements - the sun, the clouds, the moon, the sky and so on.  Not the groups of different beings.

I agree w/ your first opinion - I don't watch mythos out of any devotional or spiritual reasons, even though I understand much of that.  I watch it to see how the story has been portrayed.  Having said that though, I do have a lot of issues w/ this serial in the way it's portrayed Krishna's own messages, as well as the way it's portrayed the relationships b/w different characters, but mainly Rukmini & Krishna.