Katrina: A Minute with Katrina (new interview)

Posted: 12 years ago

A Minute With Katrina Kaif

2:03 AM 8/17/2011 by Shilpa Jamkhandikar (Reuters)
Eros Entertainment.

India's 'most beautiful woman' is looking for more challenging roles.

Katrina Kaif has built herself quite a fan following in Bollywood in the past nine years but the 27-year-old is not content with her success and wants to focus on meaty roles which challenge her.

Kaif, whose Mere Brother Ki Dulhan releases in September, spoke about her new film, her Hindi diction and doing a film with Salman Khan.

Q: Is the process of promoting a film something that you enjoy?

A: Well, it depends on how you promote it. I mean it can get tiring but if you find a clever way to promote it, it can be fun. Also, it is not fair to yourself and the film if you don't promote it. You've worked hard for the film for the past six or eight months and then if you don't give it your all and create awareness among the people then it is not fair.

Also these days, the bulk of the film's box office revenues come from the first three days. After that, as I love saying, it's the film. From Monday, it's the film, you can't do anything about it -- the audience has decided. But until then, it is your duty to make sure that people come out and watch it.

Q: You seem pretty interested in the business side of film. Are you a keen watcher?

A: No, not really. I don't really get into the nitty gritty of it but yeah, I do have some industry friends who tell me how a film is doing. And I do call them and ask if my film is doing well or not, what the audience feedback is like. But otherwise, no.

Q: In your earlier movie Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, you played a girl who isn't afraid to speak her mind and follow her heart. In Mere Brother Ki Dulhan, it's a similar role. Do you think the Indian leading lady is changing?

A: Well, I am not sure. If you think of Chaalbaaz which was in the 90s, what Sridevi did then was pretty unusual. So yes, I do think things are changing but it is not a sweeping change. We are seeing a gradual shift.

Q: What about a change in terms of remuneration for heroines?

A: (Laughs) Well, that I don't know. I don't know when that will change. I don't think it will ever change.

Q: When you first started out, a lot was made of your Hindi diction. Do you think, looking back, that it hampered you?

A: Well, if I sit here and say that it hampered me, after all that has happened, it would be pretty ungrateful of me. I think I have done fine and to say that anything has hampered me would be unfair. I think I met a lot of nice people and they helped me, and the industry as a whole has really accepted me for who I am.

Q: So do you think it's not necessary that a Hindi film heroine should know Hindi?

A: No, of course not, she should know Hindi. How else would you be able to grasp your character and its growth? I have worked at my Hindi over the years and I have had tutors on every film who have helped me.

Also, I think it's a phase of your career. When you start off, you are doing light roles which don't require that much of diction and language skills but later as you grow in confidence, you feel able enough to take on more challenging roles.

Q: You are working with Salman Khan in Ek Tha Tiger. Given your history, did you have any apprehensions accepting this role?

A: No

I like how in every question she spoke a lot and then on the last one she just says 'No' πŸ˜†

A Minute With Katrina Kaif

^  covered seven Q. in a minute!

windbag. 🀒

see--past history and all---and she just said no, it is soo obvious
she probably just said No because she don't want to go into her personal business. I liked her answer. 

Also will post , theres another interview and they ask on her relation status with Salman, and there she says theres always going to be speculation, and its ok with her. Plus as I have said many times, she just says whatever at the moment, and in some interviews says what ever salman says she agrees lol. 
Edited by wat_up - 12 years ago
Originally posted by wat_up

she probably just said No because she don't want to go into her personal business. I liked her answer. 

Also will post , theres another interview and they ask on her relation status with Salman, and there she says theres always going to be speculation, and its ok with her. Plus as I have said many times, she just says whatever at the moment, and in some interviews says what ever salman says she agrees lol. 
link of that interview? please, in every interview I have read and have watched she has said that she is not dating salman anymore
This must've been more than a minute
Originally posted by nkapoor

link of that interview? please, in every interview I have read and have watched she has said that she is not dating salman anymore

Its on You tube, Zoom go search πŸ˜† But when return as got to go in a bit I will search the articles and all since you seem very interested in her personal  things, more than even Katrina supporters lol. They have a club you can join too.
I believe Sallu-Kat has broken up since 2010
Not sure about her dating Ranbir though..maybe it was just a fling which lasted for few days or nothing at all..dont think it was a serious relation
Originally posted by 2direct

This must've been more than a minute

Who knows and truly cares πŸ˜† I just came upon this because was actually searching on Salman and bodyguard but strange how Katrina related things pop up. Once they start shooting EK Ka Tiger we will get to know through sources or through Salman what is going on. πŸ˜‰ Plus my stance as always been, that Salman be happy, and presently he most happy talking on her, helping her, etc. Geez I wish there was a guy out there who do all thatπŸ‘
Edited by wat_up - 12 years ago