Dharampatni

Meera (Kastur) Ka Mohan...

Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Got the title of the 90s movie Meera Ka Mohan, nice songs in there 😊

I liked the 2nd episode probably not more then yesterday's, again laying down some of Kastur's character for so her family and a glimpse to Mohan's family

Judging by all the murti's in Kastur's room, from what i could see they all of small krishna i think, and other colours, but the one she brought yesterday was the older version and in colour, as she said that her favourite and in this roop 😳 she does remind of of Meera in a way, with her utter devotion and love she carries for Mohan, and all the murti's she loves and has, her purity of it all

Other bits of the episodes -

I adored seeing Kastur and Baa dancing in the rain, getting Baa in the rain and to dance was a nice touch added😳, and then seeing an son dry his mum's hair and take care of her was lovely to see, such a wonderful relation and scene that was.

I actually found Mohan/Harshad funny, and i mean cute funny as Champu - the quite closed mouth smile and waving at her and looking all shy-shy, sharmila hai πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Kastur's brother and SIL were in the wrong in what they did by not telling their dad about the function, and yes it does make a difference and it does matter where its held, and for the maayka side to do is not right esp when their was no discussion of it at all in the house, so yes in that sense its wrong and yeah going agains certain tradition, and at the end of the day, Kastur's dad has to answer to ppl who willl ask him isnt it held in the sasural's home/side, whilst the son and SIL think its no big issue, coz in a way they dont need to answer to any ppl, coz no one will kinda ask them

Sometimes being educated doesnt mean much, esp when one forgets certain values and traditions, not even that but mainly forgeting respect in general - thats what i saw from Kastur's brother (what's his name Pratik or Pradeep?)  and like Kastur says if educated ppl are behaving like her brother then its fine she isnt educated in that sense.  Why did she leave her studies is the big question - i dont think its been answered, but even if she did leave her studies, to me she is still the brightest girl and intelligent.

Again i will say i love Baa and Kastur's scene and we saw it again in her bedroom, i think again we saw Kastur not worrying about her sadness and hurt when she saw and heard someone else's - it gives us another glimpse on how she will be and so on

Weak point of Kastur is Mohan's parents - i wont say weak as such, but you know what i mean, she is so aware of them, that she cant even be herself lol becomes in her shell as we definately saw in the precap, and thats where its interesting coz you want to see a strong willed girl the one we have seen and hope it emerges when she goes to her sasural but i dont think MIL will be that nice and treating her well

Mohan family, interesting mix of ppl - thats all i can say lol, they got everyone in here

I presume there is 3 brother, including Mohan, and one sister, and Baapji the hitler but does seem to have affection in him, i saw a hint of it when he was looking at the younger daughter, strict but i think somewhere soft-hearted atleast,  My fave bit was the little bro's scene with the tilak and Baapji looking at him up and down, in what is he wearing - english clothes lol, and brushing his hair aside and putting a rather big tilak on his forehead, the little bro does look rather cute i must say πŸ˜‰

I am liking Aasiya more and more - i only remember seeing bits and bobs of her as Santo in Bandini, but she is looking so great here and she is a fine actor, i like her voice which goes with the gujju-ness and the whole gujju-ness this show has, and the dialogues they all speak esp the Baa

Thats all for now... Jai Shree Mohan πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜³
Edited by Lennie - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Marvel-freak thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Meera was also, krishna's devotee rite ?

Nicelyy said !! πŸ‘ πŸ‘

And i dont tink baapji will be hitler, he may look it, but tink he will be a big softee. Mohan's family look good, loving his cute nephew already :) His mum might not be da sweet person we thought she will be judging by da promo.
-scarlett- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
^^ I completely second you...
Baapji doesnt really look like a hitler to me and Meera ka Mohan
really does fit Kastur as she truely loves Mohan with all her heart
and treats him like her god...
nikita_88 thumbnail
It was a nice episode!

I loved it with her and Ba in the beginning in the rain and her imagining Mohan it was such a nice scene and Ba was the best with saying it was all her idea...

Her brother and SIL were really inconsiderate especially yesterday when his dad brought the cards over saying they were for her function also why didn't her parents check with them to see what they wanted...

Meeting Mohan's family was really good and Pankit and Mikha are in the show which is great and a Hitler dada the opposite to our Dadi πŸ˜†

Can't wait to see the confrontation between Kastur and Mohan's mother...

It was a nice episode overall with all the characters developing...
Lennie thumbnail
Sheila - Yes Meera was a devotee to Krishna, thats what Kastur reminds me of kinda hence the Meera Ka Mohan

I agree Bapji wont be full hitler mode, and we saw a little hint of it when he looked at his grandaughter and so on, surely Kastur will win him over

Niki - I agree with you why didnt her parents use their brains and check with her in-laws firstly, that much sense you should have in you

Baa saying she sounds like Sallu LOL - but its cute how she says it was my idea, i find her so modernish lol

I really liked the actress playing Mohan's mum, i liked her as Laboni Maa in Tere Liye when i use to watch it sometimes, maybe i do wish she was the same-ish, but looks like she wont really be

I forgot Niki - you also like Pankit as well πŸ˜‰
Edited by Lennie - 12 years ago
nikita_88 thumbnail
Lennie I am telling you the show has been made for me πŸ˜† As more and more of the cast is being shown! πŸ˜† It shows you haven't spoken to me in so long πŸ˜›

Ba was great I love her Sallu obsession... It is so good and I loved the way she went to cheer up Kastur as well when her brother was so mean to her as well!

I liked her in Tere Liye but then I only saw the odd few episodes, but I really don't want her to dominate over Kastur it will really irritate me πŸ˜†
Lennie thumbnail

It has so been long, and yeap the show is made for you lol

Baa just rocks!!!!!!!!  - Chulbhuli Baa πŸ˜†

I also dont want to see the MIL so dominate over Kastur and Kastur to stay head-strong and so on, though we saw today, that she becomes kinda a small girl in front Mohan's parents
nikita_88 thumbnail
I guess its the whole respect thing which is a real shame I just hope she doesn't back down to please them all the time! 
Lennie thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: nikita_88

I guess its the whole respect thing which is a real shame I just hope she doesn't back down to please them all the time! 

Yes the whole respect thing comes into big time

I also hope that as well, i think Kastur will try to adjust to it and compromise at the start - coz its all kinda new and all that, but once settled in a way, she should be headstrong and so on, i think the Mohan jhatka will be the thing to wake her up after she is married to him, to see what he really is and not what she has perceive if she doesnt get an idea beforehand
nikita_88 thumbnail
Yeh lets hope so... Its weird but I don't want to see her hurt either because seeing a changed Mohan is going to be a huge shock for her...