Uravugal - PostProduction

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
In San Media Office

Hi All,

I went to San Media office on Saturday to meet GB Sir and invite him. I got to know that his daughter's birthday is on September 2. Members please make a note of it and convey our wishes on the day.
Varneshwar was so generous that he guided me to GB Sir's cabin and then to the post produciton unit.
There I got to see the Acoustics room, sound mixing, editing and edit 3 sections and got to meet the technicians. Its not that easy job as we know, nothing is easy ofcourse, but still we generally do not realize on how much effort is being put in before we get the actual final output.
I would share few points that I learnt from my visit when I get time .
I would thank GB Sir, Varneshwar and the staffs for explaining me things over there.
Would post more subsequently.
San Media does a great job as a production company.

I met audio and video engineer and edit 3 section staff. I dont remeber their names.. Hope Stalin could help me..

They showed me on how the shooting spot video first comes to editor.. He has to digitize the video first that it from the tape to CD/hard drive. does all the visual editing.. color, corrections, cutting, otting and so on.. and then it goes to sound engineer.. there the artists come and dub their scenes.. and that is then mixed with the video.. then re-recording and mixing the back ground score n stuff.. and then the special effects..

After all this it goes to Edit 3.. there we have a person who does special effects for the video.. He does the break insertion with commercials, screen freeze, thodarum and certain other stuff.. He checks for any color corrections, the flow of the scnenes and then verified it as a whole. At every point, we have our GB sir veryfying things..
They also told be about the softwares used, uplink, the video streaming system like JVC, I beta, meta beta, HD some terms like this and other things.. They need to convert it from one thing to the other and also they have a copy for them.
San Media sends any of the episodes' video a day earlier and mostly it never returns back from the channel.. The channel is very particular about so many htings like the color quality and also the sound quality, the content of the episode.. ⭐️
San Media really does a great job in post-production..👏

Their marketing is taken care by Vision Times who gives them the commercials list for every break and the videos if there are any new ads.
I have been there for an hour or even more and as far i have remembered, i have given it to you here..

Next time whenever I am to meet anyone in San media, I promise myself that i take a camera and a recorder so that I can make it an interview..

I am just planning why cant we have an interview session with pre-production and post-production team once. Lets see if it will work-out..

We also discussed on how sometimes it can be unavoidable when a cast decides to quit and the there cannot be more change of faces as per the channel and they have to end the character in the story. Some times, it becomes abrupt, after which they get comments from the viewer and at some point they may put an end point to that character.
A serial making and making ti reacht he people is certainly tough job and involves lot of things that we actually imagine.. A mega-serial that too is not tat easy and every time, everything cannot be perfect..
But its not that we should not comment. Coz, our comments are their strengths and as much as we comment, as much as they improve. If we are more specific on the comments on which area the lagging is or where there is a ⭐️, it would be more helpful for them.
I once again thank, IF, Atina ma, Az uncle, Varneshwar and everyone for their support. I will support IF and uravugal  - San media my best.😊
Edited by ap.meena - 12 years ago
good job meena...

Thnks for sharing this with is...Yes I totally agree with you about the hard work put in by the entire team...In 2007 when I visited I had a chance to see all these stuff...too...Hats off to the editing team and sound mixing team...they have to go frame by frame and then vettings and ottings in a sequence...which is hell a lot of work..

Yes...interview with the post production team is a good idea...can you do it...in that case...we need to get the questions from the members...and you need to sit and prepoare the script etc...will you have time in the middle of  this busy period of your life??!!

let me know by Pm or you can post here...

I am so gald that Vaeneshwar is still a supperter of our IF team...I thought he is very angry with me/us...since I could not post his Badrinath trip experience ...article for so many genuine reasons...which were beyond my control...

since the whole thing was in tanglish...we needed someone to translate in english...which was done by our rojapooo ...and then I became crazy busy in december...so some how it was left...out...and I did send to him my apologies ( Pms)...
So here I am Varneshwar...in this open forum I am asking sorry to you thambi...Can I go ahead and post the article now?

Meena please send this post link to varneshwar ...
AS sir please ask Varneshwar to see this post...Thanks
Edited by atina - 12 years ago
Thanks Atina ma.

I'm glad to do the interview, but will take some time.. Need to settle down and then I will do it..
I PMed varneshwar about this thread.  Will cal him once to visit..

He will understand and hope he is not angry.. He is so kind and helpful..
Yes thalai, it was an experience translating that article !!! Esp, Kannadasan's song - the original Tamizh kavithai has much more oomph in it - translation kills it a bit - but this poem will also reach those who can not read Tamizh .
hi uravugale, i m back. 

thanks meena. 

editor name mr. palanichami, sound engineer name mr.priya murugan, online editor name mr. karthikeyan.

atina akka , sorry ellam solla venaam. enakku unmailaye ungamela thuli kooda kovam illa.

konjam work athigam. athanalathan ennala if pakkam varamudiyala.
irunthalum AZ sir inga nadakkura discussionsa appappa solluvaru. naanum kettu therinjuppen.

rojakka nalla irukkeengala. sirkitta na romba visarichennu sollunga.

inimel time kidaikkumbothellam inga vara try pandren. 

thanks to all.
Edited by varneshwar - 12 years ago

Vandhu post panadhuku romba thanks sir..

Vaanga Vaanga - long time, no see !!!! Will do Stalin . Bangalore pakkam varra plan irukka??
Originally posted by varneshwar

hi uravugale, i m back. 

thanks meena. 

editor name mr. palanichami, sound engineer name mr.priya murugan, online editor name mr. karthikeyan.

atina akka , sorry ellam solla venaam. enakku unmailaye ungamela thuli kooda kovam illa.

konjam work athigam. athanalathan ennala if pakkam varamudiyala.
irunthalum AZ sir inga nadakkura discussionsa appappa solluvaru. naanum kettu therinjuppen.

rojakka nalla irukkeengala. sirkitta na romba visarichennu sollunga.

inimel time kidaikkumbothellam inga vara try pandren. 

thanks to all.
Varneshwar Thambi ...neenga en thambithaan nu prove panneetteenga...ROmba thanks paa...
will talk to you soon...

Take care
Edited by atina - 12 years ago