Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna

8/26/2011: Garuda comes to Krishna/Satyabhama

Poll

Do you like how Narakasura and this chapter has been portrayed?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Satyabhama tells all the assembled Devas that she'll accompany Krishna to Pragjyotisha.  The devas all cheer, and start praising both Krishna and Satyabhama, and the latter is really pleased about this πŸ˜†  The devas thank Krishna & Satyabhama and then leave πŸ˜†

Krishna recovers from his shock and tells Satyabhama that he can't let her accompany him. πŸ˜² Satyabhama tells him that all she needed to do was use a bow and arrow, and tells him that there's nothing to it πŸ˜†  She then takes Krishna's bow, puts an arrow on it and aims it at one of their target pots, and shatters it, 🀣 and triumphantly turns to Krishna πŸ˜†πŸ‘  Krishna tries to persuade her that it's dangerous, and that he can't take his wife w/ him, but she points out to him that it's a real mark of courage, and that he shouldn't discount her potential just b'cos she's a woman πŸ‘  Krishna tells her that he doesn't doubt the shakti of women, and is proud of having her as his wife.  He however tells Satyabhama that it's the first time she'd be using a bow & arrow, so is worried about her.

Narakasura gets his latest batch of damsels, but as he approaches them, he's warned by one of them not to go near.  He laughs @ her and ignores her and steps forward, but as he does, the damsel's form changes and she and her companions become apsaras, and are floating in the air.  They warn him that his time has arrived, and Narakasura asks them who's there who could challenge him?  They tell him that Krishna, the god of Dwarka, is out to come and destroy him.  Both Naraka & Mura laugh @ this, and Narakasura tells them that to kill him, any challenger would have to bring his wife along, but the apsaras tell him that Krishna is bringing Satyabhama along as well πŸ˜†  Narakasura is shocked.

In Dwarka, Krishna tells Satyabhama that Pragjyotishpur is far away, so Satyabhama asks him how they are planning to go.  Krishna tells her that he's making arrangements, and then meditates on Garuda.  Outside Dwarka, the shadow of a giant eagle falls on the outskirts of the city, as Garuda approaches.

Narakasura is brooding over what the apsaras told him, when Bhoomi Devi arrives and tells him that the plans he's making to kill Krishna are futile since while Narakasura is unrivaled on earth, Krishna is unrivaled in the 3 worlds.  She begs him to apologize to Krishna and return the Devas what they had lost.  Narakasura tells her that if she's unwilling to bless him, she should at least desist from demoralizing him.  He tells her that he will be the lord of the 3 worlds once he's done w/ Krishna.  Bhoomi Devi disappears.

In Dwarka, Garuda appears b4 Krishna and bows to him.  Krishna tells him that he needs to take him to Pragjyotishpur.  He then asks Satyabhama to get ready, and Satyabhama smiles and leaves.  He then tells Garuda that they're both going. πŸ˜†

Narakasura is seated, when suddenly a storm breaks out, much to his chagrin, and then his crown falls from his head to the ground.  He is annoyed.
Edited by _Vrish_ - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
I really loved today's episode.  The first part - Satyabhama making a commitment to the devas on behalf of Krishna - was just priceless 🀣 She made her promise, and b4 Krishna could say anything, the Devas & Aditi did their jai-jaikars and disappeared, leaving Krishna dumbfounded πŸ˜†

And the way Satyabhama dismissed the ease w/ which a bow & arrow could be used - she really should have married Arjun πŸ˜†  She made it sound like a piece of cake, and to prove her point, took Krishna's bow and shattered her target.  It was just too funny seeing Dwarkadheesh @ a loss for words against his Durga-esque wife.

However, in the part about Narakasura, I was under the impression that Narakasura never had any inkling that he'd be attacked, so seeing the apsaras and his mother warn him was a surprise.  For starters, his kingdom was well shielded by fire, water, wind, a mountain and if all that failed, Mura.  When Krishna did get there, it was a surprise first to Mura, and later to Naraka.  So this part did seem to spoil things somewhat.

But I'm glad that they've remained true to the original script, and brought in Garuda here, instead of Daruka.  So next week, let's see how they show their expedition.  My opinion - unlike the part where they covered Rukmi, Sishupala, Jarasandha, et al, this part they've really done well.  Hope they keep that up going forward.
aalochak thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Good update VrishπŸ‘

My faith is being restored gradually.πŸ˜ƒ

Some weirdness tho ...
Krishna and satyabhama kept referring to Pragyaa-jyotishpurπŸ€ͺ
Narakasur called himself Tarkasur πŸ€£ and
Garud was speaking in some secret code when he told Krishna "aap to bijli hai"🀒

Satyabhama is looking cute (this from a male perspective LOL.) but her dialogue delivery and pronunciation ("astrasssastra") remains cringeworthy. She's actually so bad, that she's entertaining (kinda in a Attack of the Killer Tomatoes way). Looking forward to seeing more of her.

Felt Garud was a bit old (hypocritical of me, considering I'm probably the oldest on this forum)... but he was decent; and I couldn't help thinking - Why don't they just put a white beard on this guy and give us our Ugrasen ! πŸ˜‰

Vr15h thumbnail
I was wondering - if they could 'bearify' Jambavan, why couldn't they put a long beak on the guy acting Garuda, and make him more authentic?  In other words, when Garuda met Krishna, he should have just kept talking to him behind his beak πŸ˜†  That's how they did it in ASR, when Garuda appeared to make the serpents that bound Rama & Lakshman as a result of Indrajit's naagpaash disappear.  I too thought that that actor was a bit old - they should have either recycled our Sishupala (since that actor will have to surface later) or brought in someone for a few cameo appearances.
I agree that Satyabhama looked cute, but I do think she was miscast for this role - she'd have done better later as one of the younger women - either Lakshmanaa (Samba's wife) or Usha (Anirudha's wife).  Actually, if Satyabhama was going to play this soft of role, I'd have put Sriti Jha as the actress most suited for it.  (Full disclosure: she is my favorite actress and I do have a bias, but I'm pretty confident she'd have done a far better job)

Hope they continue @ this pace - like how they took the entire episode to get ready to leave.  So hopefully, next week, the first 1-2 episodes should be on destroying the obstacles, the next one Mura and the next Naraka.  On Friday, they can wrap it up by welcoming Krishna's 16,100 new wives (I wonder whether they'll even show it - Krishna might decide to pass on that out of fear of this Satyabhama 🀣)

Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I am feeling these (recent 2) Narakasur episodes are rather shallow, only focusing on action, nothing great to teach us about πŸ˜”...

Why is Krishna made to behave like 'an ordinary person' with Satyabhama? The way he tried to convince her to about not participating in the war was so trivial 😑   And also the scene where he tells her not to take any arms as Pragjyotishpur is far away, that is another ordinary dialogue 😑 ( these dialogues do not go with the Height/ Depth of Krishna who is the ''Lord of the Creation'!)...  How could Krishna appreciate the courage/ guts of Satyabhama, when she just learnt archery that very day???? πŸ˜• πŸ˜•  In fact, the 'courage' was more like a 'zid', it lacked any high aim/purpose, it was more like her 'fancy 'to join her husband in a war, nothing more πŸ˜”...

And about Satyambhama's interaction with Krishna, everyone is writing the same I guess, that she needs to be more respectful towards the Lord, otherwise Minakshi is right when she said:- " it will give wrong message like to get God's attention faster behave like her."- very wrong mssg indeed! πŸ˜”

Who were those ladies who appreared in front of Narakasur? Other Apsaras? πŸ˜• Nothing is clear about their identity πŸ˜•, did they got themselves imprisoned only to threaten Narakasur about his end?πŸ˜•

I only liked the way Bhumi Devi put her palm on the cheeck of Narakasur to express her Concern, knowing very well about his end... Very touching indeed! ⭐️  Even after knowing about all the evil deed of Narakasur, still we feel the 'Concern of a Mother for her Son'! β­οΈ β­οΈ β­οΈ

Agree with Charu's comment in the EDT : " in the end eartquake in narkasur land was also nice, his mukut falling πŸ‘ n dwarikadheesh music playing in the background..."- Truly nice effect at the end! πŸ‘ πŸ‘

To me, Mata Aditi does not seem like a Mata πŸ˜•, she seems So young... Yes, may be the 'age' does not have its effect on 'Swarg Lok', but still, she needs to express her emotions in a different way I guess, and the way Tannishtha has mentioned in yesterday's WU Thread, her jewellary/ costume are also like a young lady, not corresponding to her age πŸ˜•.

This content was originally posted by: _Vrish_

I really loved today's episode.  The first part - Satyabhama making a commitment to the devas on behalf of Krishna - was just priceless πŸ€£ She made her promise, and b4 Krishna could say anything, the Devas & Aditi did their jai-jaikars and disappeared, leaving Krishna dumbfounded πŸ˜†

πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ for this comment πŸ˜ƒ

Quoting from Aalochak- "Krishna and satyabhama kept referring to Pragyaa-jyotishpurπŸ€ͺ
Narakasur called himself Tarkasur πŸ€£ "--

-- Yes, have noticed that. I remember, they were pronouncing 'Prasannajit' in the place of 'Presenjit' in the prev episodes 😑 πŸ˜†.

And yes, Garud is really an old actor 😊, and they should consider bringing Ugrasen in the story πŸ˜ƒ

And now, from yesterday's WU Comments πŸ˜ƒ :- 

@ Minakshi, "all these demons does so much tapah, just to get  1 waradana that they will rule for some time, enjoy their life & one day someone will come & kill them, such a great waste of time,"- Very Nice Point!!! β­οΈ β­οΈ

@ Vrish, agree about the sickles! πŸ˜ƒ and also Tannishtha's explanation about it was nice β­οΈ

And yes, about this part, "When the Devas visited Krishna, his reaction to events was somewhat subdued, given that in the original, Krishna very enthusiastically told them that he'd go and kill Naraka for insulting Aditi like that.  ...   Here, after Krishna had heard everything, he seemed uncharacteristically helpless, given that he had to take a woman w/ him."-- Don't know why the creatives are showing the character of Krishna in such a wrong way! Because of it, a wrong mssg is conveyed to the audience about the 'Image' of Shri Krishna 😑 πŸ˜”...

Edited by Debipriya - 12 years ago
chemestry thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i m liking satyabhama but,

in front of her they r showing weak krishna. πŸ˜•
why krishna is potraying like simple husband but not like god.
not liking krishna n satyabhama they r showing too cozyness betwen them .

Vr15h thumbnail
Debi

Given the distorted messages that they've been (probably inadvertantly) delivering in this serial, I'm rather glad that they're not trying to 'teach' us anything.  And given this girl, had she shown any higher purpose in wanting to kill Narakasura due to his persecution of women, she'd not have looked credible @ all.  As it is, in the original, the reason Krishna took Satyabhama w/ him w/o her asking was that she was miffed @ Indra disrupting their romantic moment together, so he surprised her by putting her on Garuda and taking her w/ him.

But I do agree that Krishna is shown uncharacterestically weak and indecisive: after the first few episodes where he used to tweak Balarama, now he's @ sea when arguing w/ Satyabhama.  And he used such lame arguments for her not going w/ him - like the distance of Pragjyotisha - he could have told her that she had just started and was inexperienced in warfare.  Of course, this Satyabhama would just have told him anyway that there is nothing to it πŸ˜†

Had Arjun approached this Satyabhama for her help b4 the Kurukshetra war, he'd have gotten not only all the Yadavas behind him, but also Satyabhama herself.  Bheeshma would have been done in by a combination of Sikhandi and Satyabhama. 🀣
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

Thanks for the update, Krishna is sarvashaktimaan, why was he tensed? SB like a responsible lady assured devas, she will go with Krishna to kill Narakasur, but it is Krishna's responsibality to see that this task is accomplised successfully.

Narakasur called himself Tarakasur, atleast he said Pragjyotishpur correctly, is warned by apsaras & Prithvi, that Dwarakadheesh is coming with SB to kill him. Shouln't the enemy be caught unaware, why should he be warrned in advance, may be because God wants to give him  a last chance to ask for forgiveness before killing him.
Overall epi was good, demons always add the much needed laughter by the way they are portrayedπŸ˜†
chemestry thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
where r other characters ?

like balram, revathy, rukmini

only krishna n satyabhama

r other members r aware of this fight
like balram know that krishna is going for other mission

Vr15h thumbnail
In the original texts, all of this happens in a vacuum.  Of course, Ugrasena is the ruler, but Krishna doesn't tell him either, nor take his leave.  Since Krishna is not the ruler, he's a lone ranger, and at liberty to go anywhere anytime he feels like.  That's how he goes to the forests where the Pandavas are, wages his various wars against Paundra Vasudeva and others.  Dwarka was run not so much by Krishna, Balarama or even Ugrasena, but the council of different tribal chieftains - this has been discussed a bit in the Doubts & Discussions thread.