29th August WU - Krishna breaches four defences.

Posted: 12 years ago

satya-vrata? satya-para? tri-satya?

satyasya yoni? nihita? ca satye

satyasya satyam ?ta-satya-netra?

satyatmaka? tva? sara?a? prapanna?

(You are the Supreme Truth. You are the beginning of all truth. Therefore, offering our obeisances, we surrender unto You. Kindly give us protection.)

Today's episode begins with Jhansi ki rani (sorry! I mean Satyabhama) and Dwaraka ke raja mounted on Garuda, flying towards Narakasur's kingdom. Flashes of Narakasur are shown, his crown falling etc. Krishna  keeps looking at SatyaBhama with a concerned expression. Satyabhama asks (why couldn't the sagars get a dubbing artiste for this girl?) why is he staring at her so? Krishna replies that the path they are travelling will be filled with obstacles and dangers would be lurking at every corner. Satyabhama replies,( in an equally confident voice), that she realises they are not on a casual stroll and would he stop thinking of her as weakling. She adds that she is not alone but has a great warrior to protect her. Let anyone come in fron of them, they would join hands and finish him off.

Garuda Airlines is cuising smoothly when they are stopped by trafic 
signal (sorry again ! I mean Lord Brahma). Krishna says that great 
rishis and munis have to do penance for several years before they are 
rewarded with Lord Brahma's darshan; it is indeed their good fortune 
that Brahma,of his own Will has appeared before them. Brahma replies 
that Krishna would surely know whether he(brahma) has appeared to give 
Darshan or seek one. Satyabhama has a quizzical look on her face. 
Brahma goes on saying that all this is happening because of his 
boon.Powerful people don't realise that power comes with a resposibility to look after the weak and helpless. Now he (Brahma) can 
neither take back his boon, nor is he able to stop him. However he can 
bless Krishna to be victorious and remind him of Narakasura's panch 
tattva (five elemants) chakravyuh and thus play his part in this Dharma yudh. 

Krishna replies that Narakasura is the enemy of the entire womankind 
and he will surely kill him and release all the women whom Naraka has 
held captive.A vampire-like guard coems and informs Naraka that Krishna is 
approaching Pragjyotishpur.Naraka laughs haughtily and says that  
Krishna doesn't know that when he approaches his capital he will be 
greeted by his Panch-Tattva chakravyuh. And Added to that is his brave 
warrior Mura (standing nearby). Mura reassures him that till he is 
alive, no one will be able to touch Naraka.
Shots of Garuda fying are shown , Thunder and lightening (OMG Garuda 

Airlines is fying into roiugh weather). Krishna turns to Bhama and 

informs her that they are nearing Pragjyotishhpur (So, fasten yor seat 

belts!!!! sorry - joke againπŸ˜†) Satyabhama asks where was the Panch 

tattva chakravuh which Brahma had forewarned them.

All of sudden rocks (Earth element) coem hurling at them. Garuda is 

ahving trouble staying on course. Krishna breaks most of the smaller 

rocks with his arrows. Suddenly a huge boulder stops their way. Krishna 

meditates for a moment and his mace, Kaumodaki, appears in his hand. He 

hurls the mace towards the boulder, boulder is shattered ans Garuda is 

on course again.

Satyabham complains that he didn't allow her to fight. Krishna replies 

that her protection is his responsibilty. (Don't worry Bhama, yuo will 

get your wish soon)πŸ˜ƒ

They encounter the next defence- a deluge of water ( water 

element).Krishna sends his Sudarshan chakra and the water is quelled.

Narakasur is ill treating the women captives. Mura comes and informs 

him that Krishna has successfully crossed two defences.Narakasur orders 

him to go and stop Krishna and his wife.

Krishna and Satyabhama are rocked by a stong wind typhoonig around 

them. Sudarshan chakra coems to their rescue again.

THeir path is then blocked by a wall of arrows and spears came hurling 

at them. Krishna takes out his sword (Nandaki) and Bhama does the same 

and they cut the spears and arrows that are raining towards them.

The vampire like guard informs Narak that Krishna has breached the 

fourth defence too. Mura invokes some creature (sorry couldn't catch 

the dialogue here- is it his sister?) A screaming Banshee emeres out of 

the fire and assures him she will reduce them to ashes.

All in all, a very good episode. Special efects were awesome.Backgound 

music too was riveting.

Edited by varaali - 12 years ago
highlight of todays epi, agnisura. man i am so looking forward to her fight.  kya hasi hain, main to phasi

rest was okay. satyabhama looks uncomfortable,maybe shooting with green screen is not her thing.

rukmini was awesome...but the actress they showed as satyabhama...not sure...
too snotty, i guess is the word that comes to mind
the episode was awesome...but plz fire narkasur's dubbing artist and hire one for satyabhama πŸ˜† the girl has taken a pledge not to listen to her husband...now that she knows he's God, at least show some respect  

agnisura toh khoon pee pee kar moti ho gayi hai πŸ€£ sorry, bad joke πŸ€‘ again another stereotype asur , why can't they stop overacting? amongst all, mura is the best..not only he looks like an asur, but also acting subdued, voice bhi theek thaak hai asur wali..reminds me of ramayan asur's they were so much tolerable ... black cat commando team of narkasur and his guptchar , kya make up hai πŸ˜†  satyabhama inspired from kareena of asoka...san sana na na na , ladai ke liye special tattoo eyes πŸ‘ someone remind her she's not going there to impress narkasur with her "beauty" 

rest was nice, shri krishna was WOW πŸ‘ he;s the best !  garuda airlines was funny πŸ€£ special effects were out of this world ! update was lovely πŸ‘
Edited by _charu_ - 12 years ago
vaarali

Awesome update πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΌ

I noticed the first 4 verses that you wrote - so many Satyas, but not one Satyabhama. 🀣 (Sorry, couldn't resist that one πŸ˜†) Not just that, but Krishna's started shortening her name to Bhama - even he doesn't seem to see any Satya in her 😈 - wonder if they actually shortened names to that.  Garuda Airlines - you  do know, don't you -  that that's the national carrier of Indonesia πŸ˜†

Anyway, Jhansi ki Rani was right - the original Satyabhama just went as is in her sari and no armor, but this one looked like Rani Lakshmibhai, having died, got to time travel to the Dwapar Yuga and marry Krishna as a reward for her services. πŸ˜†  As charu noted, her tattoo eyes were there, but what got me was her bindi - it was shaped like something, and way too modern - didn't ladies of the time simply use red dots alone, and nothing else?

Krishna in this serial of course ain't exactly Dwarka ka Raja - he's the god who reports to Dwarka ka Raja, making for some curious power structure @ the top.  I liked the puzzled look on Satyabhama when Brahma told Krishna that he was there to take his darshan, not give it.

One thing that strikes me - Krishna's costume is the only perfect male costume in this set, but strangely enough, he never wears armor when he goes into battle.  If one looks at pictures of the Gita, both he and Arjun wear armors.  So what's w/ this - he doesn't need armors when he fights, but when he's someone's charioteer, he does?  Why can't they give him an armor - even one copper like armor similar to the one worn by Rama or Indrajit?

If Krishna's lack of armor was an attempt to show that he never needed any due to his divine powers, that was totally lost by his being shown as worried about Satyabhama.  In the initial episodes of this serial, he was shown as a coward - someone who enjoyed fleeing battle scenes, w/o giving a rational explanation for what actually happened.  And now, Satyabhama is being shown as braver than him.  Incidentally, I wonder whether Satyabhama was a plant here by Balarama - Balarama was so sick of Krishna mocking him that he got Satrajit to give her to Krishna so that she starts mocking him herself - first all those lectures about her valor, and then telling him that she had no fear as she had her great hubby to protect her.  A hubby who himself seemed pretty unsure about it πŸ˜†  If Balarama had divyadhrishti, he must be grinning. πŸ˜†

Chakravyuha - clearly the wrong term to describe what was protecting Pragjyotisha.  As anyone who read the Mahabharat knows, Chakravyuha was one type of battle formation, and given powerful enough warriors strategically placed, it would have been impregnable.  But that's not what was here.  Here, you had 5 layers of defenses, each kicking in once the other was exhausted.  They could have called it a Panch-Tattva suraksha or something along those lines.

The vampire like messenger who first went to Naraka violated a major code of conduct - just be objective and factual, and not indulge in any speculation of any kind.  But this one just surmised that Krishna is invading for the sake of capturing Narakasura's women.  Narakasura was amused, but Mura was pissed.  Incidentally, I like the special effects of Mura's 5 heads - even better than Ravan's, and there is no asymmetry either. πŸ˜†

They showed only 4 of the women w/ Naraka, rather than 16,100 πŸ˜”πŸ˜† One thing that surprised me was Naraka throwing his tantrums on losing his game of dice, and worse, threatening the woman who had defeated him.  I couldn't help but contrast it w/ an ASR scene where Rama is really happy @ losing such a game to Sita.  Also, if one was underwhelmed by Rukmini's & Satyabhama's beauty, these women, whom Krishna will presumably marry, look even more unappealing.  Granted, Krishna didn't marry them for their beauty, but Narakasura sure did capture them for that reason alone.  So  they could have gotten a few models looking for a gig a few cameo roles here, and then released them after marriage πŸ˜†

And then, when Mura came in, Naraka was so pissed @ the news that he started to doubt him πŸ˜•  This one was definitely made up.

Back to the way Krishna breached the defenses - I found Satyabhama's question to him hilarious - she asked whether Narakasura had just planted false reports of a Panch-Tattva as a decoy.  But if he did, why would Brahma warn them about it?  Or does this Satyabhama think that Brahma is just one of those annoying  double-agents?

The special effects, as others noted, were cool, and I'm glad that he used his other weapons, instead of just his sudarshan chakra for each one of them.  For destroying the rocks, from what I recall, he just had to destroy the mountain, and used his koumadaki to destroy it.  But that scenery of Garuda flying to the mountain was just beautiful!!! πŸ‘ For the ocean and the twister, the sudarshan chakra was used.  I thought that the appearance of the sudarshan chakra was a bit different - I liked the one used in killing Matsyasura.  Incidentally, I recall that there was one more defense - fire - which too Krishna reduced w/ his discus, and then the ocean, so that the rain that resulted put out the remaining flames.  Wish they had included this as well.

The next obstacle - the twister - was just awesome!!!  For this, what I recall happening was the sudarshan chakra spinning in the other direction, and thereby decelerating the speed of the twister, until it came to a standstill.  Somehow, didn't like the discus cutting through the twister like it was some pipe or something.

I liked the co-incidental shot of Satyabhama drawing her sword, and it accidentally getting hit by an arrow. πŸ˜† I thought that if Krishna should have given Satyabhama any weapons, it should have been a bow - as she noted, there's nothing to it πŸ˜†  Krishna originally battled the shower of arrows not w/ his sword, but w/ his arrows - sending enough of them to destroy the shower of arrows that were directed @ him (incidentally, that scene looked beautiful).  Both of them lashing out w/ their swords, by comparison, seemed rather desperate.  Garuda would have been seriously wounded w/ that sort of an attack.

I agree w/ Charu - Mura was the best depiction of a demon so far - his yagna resembled the one that Indrajit did that was interrupted.  And as someone observed either here or in the EDT, looked like his pouring blood into the fire fed Agnisuri.  (Incidentally, Agni is a deva - where does one get an 'agnisuri' from?  Was this incident real?) 

All in all, a fantastic episode!!! πŸ‘ At least, in this Narakasura stretch, the Sagars have at least recovered some of the damage they've done so far.  Just wonder whether it's too little & too late?
Satyabhama's acting, in Monday's episode, I thought was vastly improved, except her voice, of course. I half expected to see her seated in front and instructing Krishna how to breach the fortress.😲. And she waited patiently till Krishna gave her the green signal to start fighting. Vast improvement. πŸ‘

And her attire. If the Sagars can show Krishna with his crown, etc, why dress up Bhama like some Jhansi ki Rani. As a matter of fact, warriors did wear crowns while battling. It was a symbol of their status and it functioned as a protective head gear. Turbans (as the one Satyabhama was wearing) would have served no purpose.(Remember, when Karna aimed the Nagastra at Arjuna and Krishna quickly made the horses kneel, the arrow struck Arjuna's crown.) The Sagars have really  got it all wrong in the Costume Department.

Excellent analysis Vrish.  My comments in black

Originally posted by _Vrish_

vaarali

Awesome update πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΌ

Thank you Vrish.

I noticed the first 4 verses that you wrote - so many Satyas, but not one Satyabhama. 🀣 (Sorry, couldn't resist that one πŸ˜†) Not just that, but Krishna's started shortening her name to Bhama - even he doesn't seem to see any Satya in her 😈 - wonder if they actually shortened names to that.  Garuda Airlines - you  do know, don't you -  that that's the national carrier of Indonesia πŸ˜†

You do know, don't you , (sorry, couldn't resist either πŸ˜‰) that this verse occurs in SB just before the advent of Krishna on Earth and is chanted by Brahma and others. It is my favourite verse. 

If Krishna's lack of armor was an attempt to show that he never needed any due to his divine powers, that was totally lost by his being shown as worried about Satyabhama. 

I got the feeling that he was wondering how on earth had he got stuck with this woman and how best to get over all this fast so that he could drop her back in Dwaraka. πŸ˜†

Incidentally, I recall that there was one more defense - fire - which too Krishna reduced w/ his discus, and then the ocean, so that the rain that resulted put out the remaining flames.  Wish they had included this as well.

I think this is where Agnisura (another Sagar invention) will come in

I liked the co-incidental shot of Satyabhama drawing her sword, and it accidentally getting hit by an arrow. πŸ˜† I thought that if Krishna should have given Satyabhama any weapons, it should have been a bow - as she noted, there's nothing to it πŸ˜†  

He will do that, eventually. When he gets hit by Narakasura, he hands over his bow, Sharanga, to Satyabhama and asks her to carry on the fight. I will write about in detail in the Krishna wives' thread.

Edited by varaali - 12 years ago
vaarali

Write about it in the Krishna's astras thread.  And no, I didn't know that verse - I learn new things all the time 😊

I thought Agnisura will be the thing for Satyabhama to fight, since you'll have 2 females battling each other.  That way, Satyabhama gets her satisfaction.  Other possibility I think - Krishna might battle Mura while Satyabhama battles Naraka.

Let's see tomorrow
Krishna surely will battle and kill Mura- that's how he came to be called Murari. Satyabhama, depending on how Sagars choose to show, will battle Krishna for a while, while the actual slaying is done by Krishna himself.

Thanks for the wonderful update. Liked today's episode, SB, is excited to go on the war tour,got the chance to fight, though it looked like she was playing dandia ras, but is better than seeing women ill treated by Narakasura.

This battle is of two different powers. It is interesting to see how different elements are faught with different means, as every defeat is significant. Power is constructive as  well as destructive depending on who is using it  & how it is using it. Looking foreward to today's episode😊 Edited by mnx12 - 12 years ago