Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna

09/02/2011: Krishna fights Narakasura

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Apologies for the delayed update - had no internet the last 24 hours.  Anyway, here is a brief summary from memory.

Krishna is flying towards Naraka's capital, and blows his Panchajanya conch.  Satyabhama is praying for him to come and deliver her.  Krishna pulls out a feather from his crown and blows it, and as expected, it flies into Satyabhama's room, and falls @ her feet 😕 (Ugly direction: why should something from Krishna's head fall @ Satyabhama's feet?  It could have fallen more appropriately on her lap)  She picks it up and caresses it lovingly. ❤️ However, Naraka then enters, and snatches that feather from her hand, and rips it 😡 and taunts her about Krishna's inability to do anything to protect her.  Just then, Krishna blows his conch again, and Satyabhama hears it and tells Naraka that he's actually fearful, given that for the first time ever, those 4 barriers to his kingdom were destroyed.  Outside, Krishna starts shouting Naraka's name, calling him a coward and challenging him to battle.

Narakasura rallies his guards and marches down the halls of his palace.  Bhumi Devi appears b4 him again, begging him to spare his own life, and he is furious @ her for tying to undermine him.  He pushes her aside and keeps going.  Bhumi Devi is depressed.

Finally, Naraka's army comes out of his fortress, and Naraka on his flying elephant comes out, and confronts Krishna.  He offers Krishna one last chance to leave and go back to Dwarka, but Krishna tells him that he'll do that only after killing him.  Their battle starts.

Naraka and Krishna first shoot arrows @ each other, which destroy each other.  Narakasura then invokes and throws other weapons @ Krishna, like fireballs, and Krishna invokes similar weapons and tosses them back (I wish they had both just kept to using their bows to fire all their weapons instead, but the special effects were great, nonetheless.)  Narakasura sends a few arrows @ Krishna, and Krishna fires back an arrow that splits into hundreds of arrows, which goes on and kills all the soldiers of his army.  Finally, Naraka fires a weapon that injures Garuda, and he, along w/ Krishna, falls to the ground. 😲

Garuda then assumes his human form (this is one thing I disagree - when did he ever have one?) and apologizes to Krishna for failing him.  Krishna tells him that he is indispensible for this victory, and tends to his injuries.  (Surprisingly, Narakasura just watches all this, instead of seizing the advantage and trying to kill Krishna while he's lost that advantage 🤔)

Satyabhama is in her room when suddenly, Bhumi Devi appears b4 her.  She apologizes to Satyabhama for Naraka's actions, and that she feels guilty before entire womankind for giving birth to such a monster.  Satyabhama tells her not to blame herself for Naraka's actions.  Bhumi Devi offers to take Satyabhama to Krishna so that Krishna can kill Narakasura.  Satyabhama declines, saying that she doesn't want Bhumi Devi to be the cause of her son's death, and she's sure she'll be able to get to Krishna and help him.

Krishna touches Garuda's wounds, and miraculously, it heals.  Garuda is invigorated, and tells Krishna that he's ready.  Krishna tells him that he'll fend of Naraka, but asks Garuda to find Satyabhama and bring her back.  Garuda flies off towards Naraka, and attacks him and his elephant, and downs the elephant.  He then flies off towards the palace.
Edited by _Vrish_ - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

Thanks for the update, Narakasura has some amazing mode of transport, 1) his flying open cabin, 2) his flying elephant. When he spoke to SB last, he had a trident in his hand, where he was only talking to her. When he came out for war, he was empty handed. Their fighting was good, Narakasura loves to show his expressions, that's why he wsa just watching Krishna- Garuda scene. this fight should be much better on Monday, after all such a powerful demon is going to be killed. 😊

Edited by mnx12 - 12 years ago
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the update Vrish. 

As usual the Sagars have delved into their own version of Narakasura Vadha. By all accounts Satyabhama was with Krishna when the battle happened. This was prerogative for his death, whichever version one chooses to believe. In most versions Satyabhama was supposed to be part- incarnation (Ansh Avatar) of Bhu Devi and since Naraka had got the boon that he should meet his death only at he hands of his mother, it was paramount that Satyabham should be with Krishna. Or even if you choose to believe the Sagars' version, Naraka's  would be killer would have to be with wife. 

So what is the point of showing Satyabhama being taken captive? Not only is it grossly false, but does not seem to serve any purpose whatever. They could have borrowed from Hari Vamsa and shown Satyabhama actually battling Naraka. 
Edited by varaali - 12 years ago
Roark thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Vrish - Thanks for the update.

Sagars have gone bonkers with this depiction.

Vaarali agree with you.

mnx12 I love his mode of transport. I wish I could have one flying stuff to let me beat the traffic when I commute everyday.

But I have some knowledge of some versions relating to Narakasura. One that he is the son on Bhu devi and Vishnu during varaha avatar. Though born to divinity, I think the time was wrong or something like that because of which he had demonic powers. there is another version which says he became demonic after came into contact with an asura named banasura. Yet another version says he was the son of hiranyaksha, born when he caputred Bhoo devi. The battle between Varaha swami and Hiranyanksha is said to have lasted for 1000 years or so.

Narakasura was promised a long reign when it was foretold that he would be killed by an incarnation of Vishnu along with his mother. Thats why Satyabhama is said to be a reincranation of Bhu devi. Infact, Aditi, the mother of Indra is said to be related or a friend of Satyabhama. Unable to bear the atroicities of Narakasura she sought help from Satyabhama who inturn approached Krishna.

There are versions which say that Satyabhama infact guided Garuda in his flight. she never ever left Krishna's side during the battle. So I dont where this abduction comes in  at all.

There is yet another version which says that during the battle with Narakasura, Satyabhama did fight but she was no match to his prowess. But because of the boon he had which was clear that it had to be incaranation of Vishnu along with his mother. Krishna feigned to have fainted enraging and empowering Satyabhama. Satyabhama was so furious that she fought with him and killed him.

And when did Garuda ever have a human form!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by vinuchand - 12 years ago
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: vinuchand

Vrish - Thanks for the update.

Sagars have gone bonkers with this depiction.

Vaarali agree with you.

mnx12 I love his mode of transport. I wish I could have one flying stuff to let me beat the traffic when I commute everyday.

But I have some knowledge of some versions relating to Narakasura. One that he is the son on Bhu devi and Vishnu during varaha avatar. Though born to divinity, I think the time was wrong or something like that because of which he had demonic powers. there is another version which says he became demonic after came into contact with an asura named banasura. Yet another version says he was the son of hiranyaksha, born when he caputred Bhoo devi. The battle between Varaha swami and Hiranyanksha is said to have lasted for 1000 years or so.

Narakasura was promised a long reign when it was foretold that he would be killed by an incarnation of Vishnu along with his mother. Thats why Satyabhama is said to be a reincranation of Bhu devi. Infact, Aditi, the mother of Indra is said to be related or a friend of Satyabhama. Unable to bear the atroicities of Narakasura she sought help from Satyabhama who inturn approached Krishna.

There are versions which say that Satyabhama infact guided Garuda in his flight. she never ever left Krishna's side during the battle. So I dont where this abduction comes in  at all.

There is yet another version which says that during the battle with Narakasura, Satyabhama did fight but she was no match to his prowess. But because of the boon he had which was clear that it had to be incaranation of Vishnu along with his mother. Krishna feigned to have fainted enraging and empowering Satyabhama. Satyabhama was so furious that she fought with him and killed him.

And when did Garuda ever have a human form!!!!!!!!!!

if satyabhama is the incarnation of bhoo devi, then they r showing that narka wants to marry the incarnate of his mother n he wants to do his bhog 🤢 prithvi devi doesn't recognize her own avtar 😕😲 n how did garud went inside the adda?  narka let him go 😆 only the doors had to be opened, even lord krishna can do it can't he?
Roark thumbnail
Thats precisely the reason Charu why all of us are saying that Sagars have grossly mis communicated. There was no Satyabhama haran if I can call it.

And from all books I have read or heard stories I have never ever come across one instance where Naraka wanted to marry Sathya bhama!!!!!
Edited by vinuchand - 12 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Vinu

I had a question in the EDT about why Vishnu let the entire Satya & Treta Yuga pass b4 he killed Narakasura.  Vaarali provided one answer, that there is a version that has it that Narakasura was actually the son of Hiranyaksha w/ Bhumi Devi when he had her as his captive.  After Hiranyaksha was killed, Bhumi Devi told Vishnu that she was carrying a demon in her womb.  Vishnu assured her that he'd kill him, but Bhumi Devi being a mother, asked him to take real long b4 he got to it.

I have no idea where this account comes from, but it does seem more logical and credible as to a lot of questions it raises about Narakasura.

Naraka's open cabin was like the Pushpak, but I have no idea where he got that from.  They should have shown him on a flying elephant from the get-go. 😆  The part about Garuda attacking it was accurate - that's how Narakasura lost one advantage he had.

I too have no idea where SP got this abduction story.  But also, I don't think Naraka ever meditated on Brahma and got such a boon - he was just powerful enough that nobody - not even the Devas - could rival him.
Edited by _Vrish_ - 12 years ago
Roark thumbnail
Originally posted by: _Vrish_

Vinu

I had a question in the EDT about why Vishnu let the entire Satya & Treta Yuga pass b4 he killed Narakasura.  Vaarali provided one answer, that there is a version that has it that Narakasura was actually the son of Hiranyaksha w/ Bhumi Devi when he had her as his captive.  After Hiranyaksha was killed, Bhumi Devi told Vishnu that she was carrying a demon in her womb.  Vishnu assured her that he'd kill him, but Bhumi Devi being a mother, asked him to take real long b4 he got to it.

I have no idea where this account comes from, but it does seem more logical and credible as to a lot of questions it raises about Narakasura.

Naraka's open cabin was like the Pushpak, but I have no idea where he got that from.  They should have shown him on a flying elephant from the get-go. 😆  The part about Garuda attacking it was accurate - that's how Narakasura lost one advantage he had.

I too have no idea where SP got this abduction story.  But also, I don't think Naraka ever meditated on Brahma and got such a boon - he was just powerful enough that nobody - not even the Devas - could rival him.

Thanks Vrish. Yes, there was no Brahma but Vishnu's boon to Bhu Devi. She did request for a real long reign for Narakasura and that made him all the more arrogant. I dont think he was the one to pray and request for a boon. Thats would just not be narakasura then.

But ever since he attacked Indra, Narakasura always rode on Airavata only.

Anyways lets see how they proceedd with this.
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

Airawata had 7 trunks & was white in colour. Narakasura's elephant was black.

Vr15h thumbnail
Naraka had captured amongst his booty of Aditi's earrings and Varuna's umbrella a whole bunch of white 4-tusked flying elephants, and probably used one of them here.  Here, showing the elephant as grey was probably off the mark.

Airavat had 7 trunks or 7 tusks?