5 September: Krishna & Satyabhama KILL Narakasura

varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
 Krishna (K) and Narakasura (N) are facing each other on the battle field. Krishna meditates and tries to summon a weapon btu Naraka discharge a white kind of lights which sucks the weapon and Krishna is left unarmed. Krishna has a puzzled look on his face. Naraka boasts that he is immortal. Both shoot arrows at each other which clash midway. Naraka continues to boast that there is no being on Earth or Heaven who can kill him. Krishna, with a determined look on his face takes up his bow and aiming at Naraka's feet discharges an arrow. Naraka surprisingly does not respond but merely stands laughing. The arrow shatters the ground beneath his feet and Naraka, as if rocked by an earthquake stumbles and falls down.

SB (her hair all loose and unkempt) strolls out of the palace (all guards killed?) and finds Garuda waiting for her. She asks him to take her to "Shri Krishn". 

Narakasur gets on to his feet and swears that he is going to kill Krishna. He walks towards Krishna with arrogant strides and boasts that after killing Krishna he will make each and every woman in this world his' and use them to satisfy his lust. Krishna nods disapprovingly.

Naraka reminds Krishna that since his wife was not with him, he (K) cannot harm him (N). As if on cue SB, lands there and announces that she has arrived to assist her 'swami' (big improvement⭐️) 

SB goes blah blah... basically telling him  his end is near (Sorry folks... can't stand this girl...her expressions and voice ...awful...just awful

SB and K exchange glances...SB is trying to have a stern expression as if she means business and Krishna  looks kinda confused as if... whoa ...this girl can talk so much???😲

Krishna holds his bow in front and SB grips it with her right hand. An electric current passes through...( why? no earthing??????.😆 ). They pull back the catgut together and shoot the arrow together. ( it seems more like an archery lesson for SB). Naraka surprisngly offers no resistance and stands still as if transfixed. 

The arrow severs Naraka' s head and his lifeless body falls down. The arrow carries the severed head,past Bhoomi devi and falls in front of the 16,000 captive women.

Bhoomi Devi appears in front of them . Krishna walks towards her and does pranam. Prithvi returns the great white umbrella of Varuna and Mother Aditi's earrings and asks Krishna to seek forgiveness from them on her behalf. Prthivi then urges Kishna to proceed to the palace and release the captive women.

K and SB reach the palace but find it empty. SB wonders where are the women? A woman dress in black coems and informs them that all the women are walking towards the hill as there was no reason for them to stay alive. Krishna and SB mount Garuda . The woman are walking towards the edge of the precipice. 

Krishna shouts stop. He asks them why are they taking this extreme step' After being released from Narakasur, they should have been happy at the prospect of being reunited with their families. One woman question which life and which family is he talking about. Having spent their days and nights under Narakasur's roof, their character has come under question. Which man will marry them, which family will adopt them? Rather than face humiliating barbs every day, they have decided to end their lives once for all.

Krishna tries to reasuure them that since they have not sinned and they should not end their lives. Did He come all the way from Dwaraka just to see them commmit suicide. Did he kill Naraka just to see them die in front of his eyes.?  They reply that the society will call them bad names and will not let then live. He rallies them by saying that  In every Yug, woman has had to prove her purity and innocence and in each case, she has come out successful.

One of the woman questions that why is that always the woman had had to pass the 'purity test'? (👏👏👏yeah yeah yeah) Why can't a Man give the same test? Is there a Man valiant enough to marry them without considering the Social Norms and give them a new life? WIll any Man prove his worth by offering them shelter and staus in society? 

Krisna anwers "I WILL". I will marry you and take you under my shelter. (SB eyes are round as saucers 😲 😲) I, Krishna, the son of Vasudev, swear that I will take all your hands in marraige, beacuse whenever a Man has abducted a woman, Society has always questioned the character of the woman, even though she is not at all at fault. By marrying you I want to send the message across that true masculinity is in giving shelter and protectionto woman when she needs it the most. (SB is ...like...OMG OMG...Have to inform Rukmini to keep 16,000  aartis  ready...😆)

Krishna gives soem more gyan and assures them that he will take them to dwaraka and marry them according to the rites. All the woman do jay jay kar.

Whew!!! THE END 

Edited by varaali - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
everything except Satyabhama's expressions was awesome 👏 SB strolling in narkasur's palace  , coming out and riding on Garud, it was THAT easy for her to escape then why this abduction drama? i agree, the war should have been elongated.i liked that scene where krishna's arrow shattered the Earth near Narka's feet and he fell down...but, narka was fighting alone 😕 guess he gave up as soon as he saw SB..

i like Prithvi devi..

the last scene was good..the ladies wanting to end their lives and krishna's message was gr8...it didn't look preachy and it justified krishna marrying 16,000 women...the only part i found funny was ladies doing "dwarikadheesh ki jai" 😆 as if unki lottery lag gayi...the scene cud have been more subtle with women having tears of joy in their eyes and doing pranam to Lord krishna and saying  a few emotional words..satyabhama should be proud of her husband and she should have faith in him...whatever he does or say is never meaningless...just hated the expression which she gave in the end n now if she argues with him tdy, i'll not like it either 😡
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I commented about much of the events in the astras thread as well as the wives thread, so I'll just note the other high point of last night's episode here.

But last night, the highlight of the episode was not so much Naraka's flying head, awesome as it was to watch 😈 - it was Satyabhama's reaction when Krishna responded to the challenge of the 16,000 women by telling them that he was willing to marry them.  This was by far the most priceless expression I've seen on TV in all my life, and that includes US serials that I've seen, like Beverly Hills 90210, The Shield, Seinfeld, et al. 🤣🤣🤣  When Krishna responded, the shock that was on Satyabhama's face for the remainder of the episode was easily worth all the TV - both satellite and cable - bills I've ever paid, both here and in the US.  I always wondered how Krishna's main wives would react when they'd know that Krishna has 16,000 more wives, and we got exhibit A last night 🤣

When Krishna returns to Dwarka, they need to recall all the royal women - no way Revathy, Rukmini and Jambavati alone can handle it.  They need Devaki, Rohini, Bhadra (Vasudev's Bhadra, not Krishna's) and Madira in addition to them - how else can they do varan for 16,000 women? 😆

All that later, but I want to see Revathy when she finds that she has 16,000 new devranis. 😆  Balarama too.

P.S. Charu, I see your point, but Satyabhama's reaction was natural - no woman would like to see her husband take another wife - let alone 16,000.
Edited by _Vrish_ - 12 years ago
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Thanks for the update. The epi was good, finally Narakasura's era is over, ending the torture for many women. Rehabilitation of those 16000 captive women is the top most priority. That problem is solved by Dwarakadheesh,who has rescued them. Now it will be interesting to see how he explains SB & others about this, but his act being so great & he is such an expert at convincing everyone, his message will be surely conveyed well.😊
Edited by mnx12 - 12 years ago
Roark thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks for the update.

Oh god,. I missed SB's reaction to having 16,000 soutens is it!!!!. Gosh lemme catch up on it soon. She didnt want Krishna to spend time with Rukmini and Jambavathi. but now he has 16,000 more. Party time.

Vrish, Krishna does not have enough woman back home to do their arti. Their hands will pain like hell by the time they do tyhe aarthi of 16,000 woman. Poor them.

Revathy, you should have just said you want a Devrabni. You kep repeating, repeating and repating some more and see what krishna did.

I want to see 16,000 wedding now!!!! Even in community weddings here I dont get to see it.

Bu what with Satyabhama's open hair. She was no Draupadi or Sita.

But on a different note, I liked the explanation Krishna has given.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Knowing about Satyabhama's possessiveness before Krishna and Narada break her pride, her reaction to Krishna's marrying 16,100 princess is natural. And I don't know about others, but this actress has grown on me.😆 She isn't that great and her dialogue delivery needs to improve even more than Priya's, but she's not tooo bad. 

I just hope DBSK CVs do not show Rukmini being jealous when she hears about this, that would just be the ultimate insult to her character. Natural wifely reaction or not, Rukmini Devi was a Goddess and divine in her conduct, it's about time DBSK shows her like that instead of as a weepy, anxious human girl. I'd also like to see Satyabhama a bit more respectful and divine in conduct, at least after the Garva Bhangam if not now, she too was a Goddess.