ll Humse Hai Life Articles Archive ll

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago

Channel V to come up with another daily soap...

After the popular show Dil Dosti Dance, Channel V is all set to come up with yet another youth oriented show, and this time with a unique concept.

Four Lions Films, the makers of shows like Star One's Geet Hui Sabse Parayi and Star Plus' recently launched Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?, is coming up with their new show on Channel V which is based on a girl's aspiration to become a renowned boxer.

A source says, "The show is basically a youth oriented show with a college atmosphere. The story deals with the dream of the female protagonist to become a boxer. The show will focus on the struggle she faces to fulfill her dreams."

We also hear that Abigail Jain, who was last seen in Zee TV's Dil Se Diya Vachan will play the protagonist in the show.

TellyBuzz contacted Abigail and she said, "I cannot comment anything right now."

Well, seems like the channel V is also set to make its mark in the popular category of GECs…

Abigail enters the ring

Abigail Jain is back and this time she will be seen playing the protagonist Sia in Humse Hai Life on Channel V. after shows like Kya Dil Mein Hai on 9x, Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sanjna on Star Plus, Abigal will play the role of a boxer in this youth based show but surprisingly the actress reveals that sports don't interest her in real life. Read on as the actress discusses the show, her role and much more.

How would you describe your character Sia from Humse Hai Life?
Sia is a headstrong girl who dreams of becoming a boxer just like her father. She is emotional at times but strong as well. Her main problem is managing her anger which she fails to do and tends to overreact.

For the role of a boxer in the show did you undergo any training?
Yes, I trained for two months with a martial arts teacher. Of course, it takes years to learn boxing but I learnt the body language and tried to achieve the body and look that boxers have.

Are you interested in sports in real life?
I have never really been interested in playing sports. I am a big fan of cricket and enjoying watching matches only television. Swimming is the only sport that I enjoy in real life.

How is it shooting with co-stars of the show?
Humse Hai Life is a youth based show so the team is very young. We have been shooting for a month now and it has been nice interacting with my co-actors. Having young people around you is fun.

What do you like most about Humse Hai Life?
This is the first youth based show that I am doing. It is not high on melodrama like some of my previous shows. It is based on a boxer's life which is a different concept and the audience should find that interesting.

Have you seen the film Milion Dollar Baby and is the show inspired by the film?
The team of the show asked me to watch Million Dollar Baby since the movie is about a boxer too. The first thing I noticed was that Hillary Swank was so thin and that I might have to lose a lot of weight (laughs). Just the fact that both the stories are based on the lives of boxes is the same but the story is different.

Which are your favourite shows on TV currently?
The show that I am currently hooked to is Bade Acche Lagte Hai. I have always been a Ram Kapoor fan and I feel that he is at his best in this show. I just love the show and try not to miss any episode.

How did you spend your break from TV after Zee's Dil Se Diya Vachan ended?
I spent most of my time chilling at home with family and also going to the gym regularly. I had been to on a holiday to Lonavala with friends and also chilled with them till late at night. Basically, I did all the things that I miss when I am shooting.

Humse Hai Life to go on air from 5 September

Ankur Nayyar and Abigail Jain

TellyChakkar had earlier reported about Four Lions Films coming up with a fiction show Humse Hai Life on Channel V where Abigail Jain who was last seen in Dil Se Diya Vachan will be playing the female lead. Her character in the show dreams of becoming a boxer and Ankur Nayyar who was last seen on Yahaan main ghar ghar kheli and recently in the movie Singham will be seen essaying the character of her coach. However, the latest news is that the production house has roped in Himansh Kohli, a Radio Jockey from Delhi to play the male lead. The show will go on air from 5 September.

A source says, "It is a story of a girl played by Abigail Jain who hails from a small town but gets into an elite school through scholarship. However her journey will be full of difficulties. Furthermore, in the show a guy will fall in love with her. The latest news is that Himansh Kohli has been roped in to play the role of Abigail's love interest in the show. This will mark Himansh's debut on television."

When contacted Abigail confirmed about being in the show but refused to comment any further.

Abigail Jain's ready for a fight!

Who says women are the weaker sex? Channel [V] is all set to launch a new serial titled " Humse Hai Life" that revolves around a young girl trying to make her mark in the so-called man's sport of boxing.

The central character of the show is named Sia (Abigail Jain) who dreams of becoming a successful boxer, just like her father. Sia hails from Adarsh Colony in Delhi and she believes that excelling in boxing will lead her out of her hometown. After winning a scholarship to the Elite School, where Coach Karanveer (Ankur Nayyar) reinstates in her, the motivation to reach her goal; the story moves on to her struggle in the school and the problems she faces with Raghav, the male protagonist (played by debutant Himansh Kohli).