Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Illumination thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
 diya 🤗 welcome back jaan   i was waiting for u  in here  before  some hours ago  ..u always getting  late 
Illumination thumbnail

What the F is going on?

• September 8, 2011
  • By Saumya Bhatia
  • DC

What the F is going on?

If Bhag Bhag DK Bose surprised you, What the F is going on? will drive you over the edge.

The track from the upcoming movie Soundtrack, which stars Rajeev Khandelwal and Soha Ali Khan, is creating a buzz with this tongue-in-cheek number sung by Anushka Manchanda.

"What the F is going on
Can't slow down
What the F is going on
I didn't see
What the F is going on
I am fallen over, oh can't you see"

While Bhag Bhag DK Bose from Delhi Belly was controversial and raised questions about the use of provocative words, the letter 'F' in What the F is going on? stands for the four-letter word that is undoubtedly the most widely used slang these days.

The track has been written and produced by Midival Punditz and Anushka. But youngsters, it seems, are cool with such foul-mouthed songs and say there's nothing shocking about them.

Stylist Nikhil Agg-arwal finds the number pathetic. He says, "I didn't like DK Bose either, but this song has nothing going in its favour ' neither the score nor the lyrics. At least, DK Bose was hummable. And I don't find this song too controversial. In fact, there's something missing here."

For Sakshi Sudan, a professional, the song isn't a big deal. "It certainly didn't shock me, I don't think it will raise any controversies as people won't bother to raise questions. Everyone is aware what it stands for and there's no shock value attached to it."

Mohan Nahar, a musician, says the track resembles Nelly Furtado's Maneater. "But the resemblance is just about it. Sadly, the chorus doesn't reach the crescendo and the song is too diluted. 'What the F' is barely noticeable. Secondly, unlike DK Bose, which made a statement about our culture, this lacks punch."

Interestingly, movies today thrive on controversies and it's not surprising that people are willing to goto any length to grab attention.

Himanshu Bhandari, a DU student, states, "Today, marketing or promoting a movie needs big money. Making a film stand apart from the crowd is a daunting task. They spend a lot more on promoting a film these days. This just follows the trend and apart from a few curious listeners it won't garner much interest."

What the F is going on?

Edited by OliveySOftheart - 12 years ago
ElenaElenor- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: OliveySOftheart

Neerav Ghosh nervous about the music launch of his debut film
Published: Thursday, Sep 8, 2011, 19:03 IST
By Dipannita Ghosh Biswas | Place: Bangalore | Agency: DNA

The wait has been a long one, but debutant director Neerav Ghosh says it's been worth it. As the countdown to the release of his first feature film Soundtrack begins, the film-maker says he's going through a flurry of emotions. "I know it's not over yet ' there's a lot of excitement, there are also some apprehensions, but I'm enjoying every bit of the experience," says Neerav.

For someone who's spent 15 years directing music videos, commercials and documentaries, a feature film was a natural progression. "I was into music in a big way during the 90s and I personally know of musicians who went through phases of paranoia of not being able to hear anything. They wake up with a buzz in the ear, a numbness ' not like a normal hangover," he recollects, adding, "At a basic level, I would say that Soundtrack is a little autobiographical."

Once he started working on the script, he was told that a similar film, It's All Gone Pete Tong, had already been made.

"Considering it was in the same realm, I approached the producer and bought the rights," he says.

Soundtrack is a story of one of India's most prolific musicians and DJ and traces his alcohol, drug and sex-fuelled meteoric rise, as he battles his internal demons and a damaging handicap. Quiz Neerav on the cast ' Rajeev Khandelwal and Soha Ali Khan 'and he explains, "Both Soha and Rajeev are known for their intelligent choice of films. While Rajeev was my first choice, I had initially thought of Konkona Sen Sharma for the female lead, but she was unavailable due to her pregnancy and Soha was ropedn."

Of course, sound and music play important roles in the film. "We worked on the music along with the script ' four songs were ready before the script was complete," Neerav informs.

Coming from an army background, the director says was never pressurised to pursue film-making. He says he's finally lived his dream. "At the cost of sounding filmi, I had told my friend, after watching a film 13 years back, that some day I would make my own film ' that some day is today," he signs off.

thank   for the  articles 😊
Illumination thumbnail

Saregama's 'Soundtrack' ready to woo audiences

Submitted by Vrushali Jimmy on Fri, 2011-09-0

Sa re ga ma, the well known music company, has now entered the field of film production and distribution.

Their home production, 'Soundtrack', is almost ready for release. The film is an official remake of the award winning film, 'It's all gone Pete Tong'.

The cast and the story
The movie has Rajeev Khandelwal, Soha Ali Khan and Mrinalini Sharma in the lead roles. After 'Aamir' and 'Shaitaan', Rajeev has raised people's expectations, and this movie is certainly going to be looked forward to.

Based on a true story, 'Soundtrack' is about India's most prolific musician and DJ. The movie traces his alcohol, drug and sex fuelled meteoric rise, and his battles with his internal demons, and a damaging handicap.

The cast also includes Mohan Kapur, Yateen Karyekar, musicians Sid Coutto and Ankur Tewari. Anuraag Kashyap will be seen in a very special role in the movie.

The music
The music for the film has been composed and performed by Midival Pundtitz and Karsh Kale.

Said Apurv Nagpal, Managing Director, Saregama, "We have in our opinion the 'Album of the year' with a dozen or so great songs. I am sure the music will rock and appeal to the target audience".

Apart from a peppy track, 'What the F', by Anushka Manchanda, the album includes songs by Kailash Kher, Papon and Ankur Tewari.

The album also has two remixes of classic old songs, which have been remixed keeping in mind the sensibilities of the present generation.

'Soundtrack' releases on September 30.

http://www.totalfilmy.com/news/20110909/saregama039s_039soundtrack039_ready_woo_audiences-34161.html

Windsof.Heaven thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hi all
Hi Olive 'n' congratulations for new thread ...🥳👏

Illumination thumbnail
with september underway, we take a peek at the 9 hottest flicks to look out for this month

Soundtrack

Release Date: 30th September

Star Cast: Rajeev Khandelwal, Soha Ali Khan, Mrinalini Sharma

The Story: Soundtrack is a film based on a true story depicts the life of a famed DJ and musician. The gritty, modern drama follows the rise to success of the artist and his encounters with alcohol, drugs and sex during the way. It also portrays his struggle with and subsequent victory over his internal demons and a damaging handicap. 

Why Watch it?

This movie is not for the faint of heart due to its themes! However, this offbeat movie is sure to be the talk of the town with it's realistic portrayals, strong content and the inimitable star cast! The edgy movie is said to be a remake of highly successful Hollywood flick It's All Gone Pete Tong. If that doesn't convince you, then we don't know what will!

Author: Nabila K.
Editor: Gunia.
Graphics: Sanober.
Illumination thumbnail
Originally posted by: sainiayshi14

Hi all

Hi Olive 'n' congratulations for new thread ...🥳👏

ayushi 🤗  welcome   in  new soundtrack thread   😆  congartz you  to 🥳

Congratulations for the new thread olive

nd hope this movie will be the hit nd rajeev will get more offers!!!
Windsof.Heaven thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: OliveySOftheart

ayushi 🤗  welcome   in  new soundtrack thread   😆  congartz you  to 🥳

thaxx dear ...
how are you..😊
Illumination thumbnail
Originally posted by: krazzy_sharim

Congratulations for the new thread olive

nd hope this movie will be the hit nd rajeev will get more offers!!!

sonu  🤗 welcome jaan   i am soo happy to see you in here 😃  ..

sonu   i ask you  do you watch of soundtrack new promo  its too awesome  and very touching   .
.😛