Blah Blah Corner 2(Chat till your fingers die): - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by souro

1. Similar to the concept of marriage anniversary I guess. 10th anniversary is a big deal and deserves special celebration.

Ten years is a benchmark in passage of time. Ten years, twenty five, fifty are usually the benchmark time frame for memorials, remembrances, revisiting events etc. It does not always have to signify celebration. I'm not sure why its not seven or eighteen or other time frames, its just how things are usually remembered.
Is it possible that because the nations make a big deal out of certain dates, the terrorists also coincide their nefarious activities on those dates for "maximum" impact? Are these dates attracting unwanted attention, like a bulls-eye on the backs? That's something to mull over seriously.

No 10 is for Perfection I guess.

Commercially No 7 is marketable.
No 1 spot too is much sought after.

Originally posted by K.Consciousness

#2: I made sure that it stays at x-y* and not x by editing the controversial part out :)

Still tryg to find th X... Listen buddy...She's not coming back...So please move on!!! 😉
Edited by Prometeus - 12 years ago
Originally posted by Prometeus

Still tryg to find th X... Listen buddy...She's not coming back...So please move on!!! 😉

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Ten years is a benchmark in passage of time. Ten years, twenty five, fifty are usually the benchmark time frame for memorials, remembrances, revisiting events etc. It does not always have to signify celebration. I'm not sure why its not seven or eighteen or other time frames, its just how things are usually remembered.

for me, it's just ten years ago. I don't see why people have to cry about something which happened 10 years ago.
Originally posted by Beyond_the_Veil

I am curious to know where you got that from and why you think it is so.
me too..
Originally posted by K.Consciousness

Is it possible that because the nations make a big deal out of certain dates, the terrorists also coincide their nefarious activities on those dates for "maximum" impact? Are these dates attracting unwanted attention, like a bulls-eye on the backs? That's something to mull over seriously.

Big events need Big numbers and dates. Month of August is interesting.
But August is also normally the  Ghost Month in the Chinese Lunar calendar which is not so auspicious. But it was auspicious for many countries though.

Several countries gained independence from Britain  around the August period.

Singapore 9 August
Malaysia 31 August
India 15 August
Pakistan 14 August

Korea 15 August ( from Japan) 1948

Indonesia - 17 August from the Dutch

Originally posted by cyrax

for me, it's just ten years ago. I don't see why people have to cry about something which happened 10 years ago.

If someone loose ,something close to heart...feel tho hota hey!! But ppl show their emotions different ways, some ppl cry,some dance or smile.😛
Originally posted by cyrax

Its not something first of all...it was an event that changed our world forever...

The people who lost a close family member or a loving friend that day will cry as long as they live for their loss and no one can understand their pain until they are in their shoes...time only dims the pain to some extent but never heals it...

It is important to cry over an event of this magnitude...because of what it signifies...it reminds us not to relax...be vigilant all the times..