IF should give credit to the writer - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
Hi Vijay...thank you for replying. Why is IF not asking IANS or other news sources to add the author name to the feed?
^^ i totally agree with u! But in this its not our fault, its IANS who hasn't written the name of their writer. We can't stress this enough that articles posted by IANS are not by the IF bollycurry team. Many times there have been issues regarding the IANS articles and BC gets blamed for it but people don't understand that BC members don't write these articles and there isn't anything we can do about this. We aren't allowed to touch these articles. IANS articles come in on their own and are posted automatically...we at BollyCurry have our own different articles and if u notice we always add our writer and editor names on it and give credit where its due. If u find articles where something is wrong, u should check the bottom, its probably by another provider and really there is nothing we can do about that. Also about what u said that it says Posted by India-forums.com staff...that is the id IANS uses to put stuff up...so once again...it has nothing to do with BC. But thanks for pointing this out and hopefully someone will talk to IANS about it =)  Edited by Smileyface - 12 years ago
Originally posted by BheegiBasanti

Its cool that 4 different DT members are defending this but it is still not right. There is a tag at the bottom (above the IANS copyright) that says posted by IF staff.

Anyway...nobody is really answering my question...how is it that other sites clearly show the author's name? What a cop-out to tell me to go report it to IANS.

Posted by: India-Forums.com Staff
Copyright IANS
Date 9/22/2011 4:21:36 PM

IF is responsible for what is posted on this site. If not, any member can post nonsense and IF has no culpability. For a site that is battling plagiarism issues when updates on this site are copied elsewhere without giving the writer any credit, this is not good.

Its your site clearly and its quite shocking to me that none of the DT responding sees what is wrong with not having a writers name displayed!

Hey Dear,
Regarding the Posted By: they don't mean that its their Article they mean that 1 IF Staff has posted this Article... and they have given the Credit to IANS also... There is a lot of difference between Posted By and Copyright :)