-SalShah4eva- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: fly2me

Mausam:

It was Houseful. Felt great. Lol.

Ahhh!!<3333
The satisfaction of watching a good movie! Specially when everyone in the theater is enjoying, laughing, crying, whistling. Ahhh! <3 Love, love, love.

OH!...SPOILER ALERT. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I want to start off by...why the hell are the "critics" writing off this movie?...They can watch shizz like Double Dhamaal, Ready and what not and give it high ratings but they can't do that for a movie like Mausam?!. -___- Some bs, i tell ya. Total rubbish.
A honest request to everyone that has not watched the movie yet: Do not let the reviews you have read paint a picture of the experience that you will have when you watch this film. And please do watch it on the big screen...its meant to be watched on the big screen. The experience is just mind blowing.
:)

Anywayss...back to my review...
Mausam is nowhere near flawless. But its honesty and simplicity makes you look past it all. Its just beautiful.

The number one thing that i adored about Mausam is that it isn't the obvious average, boy meets girl movie that we always see in our Bollywood films. Its different. Instead of conflicts between the leads its conflicts in the surrounding of the leads. Its about how love can survive, no matter what. After a LONG TIME i have been satisfied with a movie. And it feels good. Haha. Finally a movie that stays in your heart and mind.
To me, it made me think...in this day and age, does love like this still exist?...Is this really larger than life or it is still possible? Can our hearts and mind go beyond what's happening in our surroundings to just be with the love of your life? Do things like this happen anymore? Its easier to give up than hold on...If you love someone so much...are you willing to wait or will you just move on? Its easier to move on. But if its true love...your love can survive. No matter what. Love is sacrifice, patience and faith!(;

Just a few thoughts that were going through my mind after the movie...sorry if i got too mushy.☺️

I love romantic films...obviously. πŸ˜† And this one was no different. I loved it, i did. And what made me love it so much beside the story was Shahid and Sonam. How can one like a film if you can't feel for the characters. Shahid is excellent in it and Sonam has improved. They did a fab job...Nothing is forced...and i loved that about it.

-Shahid: This is a BIG leap for him as an actor. He definitely deserves a standing ovation. And he definitely got one from the theatre i was at. He is impeccable in it. Every shade that he goes through in the movie...you feel for him. Harry is a wonderful character for us to see his charms. EFFORTLESS.
-Sonam: Everyone agrees that she has a lot to learn as an actress. Well, i am happy to say...she has improved. A lot. She does great justice to her role and her looks help as well. She looks like Aayat and acts like Aayat. Yesh, i just said acts!(; This movie is a winner for Sonam as an actress.

Special mention:
Aditi Sharma: She does a marvelous job as Rajjo. I felt so bad for her as the character. She played it well!(:

Dialogues..
Love, love, love, LOVEEE.
..I don't think i need to say more. Lol.
I have a lot of favorite dialogues from the movie but my most fav. has to be this one:
"Bure logoun ke na naam hote hai na surat, sirf ek bura saya hota ha"
<3
You will understand it once you watch the film!(;
[I think i quoted it correct...if not, its somewhere along those lines. Lol. Sorry.]

Scenes...
Everything is just so breathe taking. I loved every bit of it. Some of my favorites:
-Every Punjab bit. Ohmygosh. I wanna go to Pubjab. Lol.
-Actually...every other place as well. The cinematography is purely amazing. The movie is visually pleasing.
-I LOVED the attack on tiger hills or whatever. Very beautifully shot. AND i loved all the scenes that leads to how Harry's hand is paralyzed. Touching.
-Abhi na jao chodkar...this was such a surprise and freaking AHHHMAAZINGGG! Hah! I loved it. <3
-My FAVORITEEE:
Their reunion in Ahemdabad after the fire and all that jazz. The dialogues after that were just out of this world!... Ohmygosh. I am not going to lie...when they were sitting down talking and saying those dialogues...i was silently shedding a few tears. Its was beautiful. Words cannot explain. <3 I sort of wished the movie ended here instead of the whole saving the horse and the baby thing. But i didn't mind that as much as others did. I mean...DUDE! You can watch a police officer kill someone with a kick or beat someone up with a belt over and over and over but you can't watch a ferris wheel scene? Something different? -___- Lol. Anyways. That's just the way i look at it. But i do think the movie would has had a better ending if it would have ended before the ferris wheel thing. Nevertheless...it was beautiful.

Pankaj Kapoor...
If this is his first movie...i CANNOT wait for more. Bring it on!!(:
Great first direction. And writing too...BUT...the script was its biggest flaw.
Which brings me to Mausam's flaws...there are just 2.
1) The script. - The second half could have been better. And like i said before, i wish the movie would have ended before the ferris wheel scene.
2) Editing. - It needed some editing...if some scenes would have been edited the movie would have flowed better. There were some unanswered questions. But...all the choppy editing did not take away from the essence of Mausam.

Overall...Don't miss this one. Its fresh. Gives you your money's worth. It has great moments, memorable characters, great story, great music, great acting, its beautifully shot, and everything elseee...(:

A great balance of art and mainstream cinema. This one is a winner in my book. DEFINITELY watch this.

8.5/10!
(:

P.S. So sorry, its so long.I did not think i wrote so much.πŸ˜†
<3

lovely review
yes movie need some editing..then it woild be have beem much more better. so maybe ppl have would like it more

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: zainab25

OMGGGOMGGGOMGGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE CHAITANYA!!!!! WILL WRITE A REV FOR 100 PERCENT SOON...HE'S A CUTIE!!! OMGOD!!!!! 

yeaahh its out on dvd..πŸ˜† it was such a cutee moviee..i watched it like months ago i should watch it again.. tho im not a chaitanya fan but he is pretty fine in the moviee.. okaay im not goona brag about SI moviess but Zainab Vaanam aka tamil Vedam and 180 (siddharth) is out on dvd too.. ima watch it soonn yaayyy
naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
pulwahsa loveddd 180 & 100% love 
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -Mausam-

pulwahsa loveddd 180 & 100% love 

this weekend im dvd store bound..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

ima get 180, vaanam and 100% loveee..eeekksss

i wanna watch 100% love again.. i love that a square b square song..πŸ˜†
.Alluring. thumbnail
^You all are LATE!! I already watched 180 today 
MakhannMalaai thumbnail

OMGOGMGOMGOMGOMGOGM!!!!!!!! Add Chaitu to my like, love, lust list! lmfao, lmfao. Just finished the film. I will watch 180 too this week, and then Ayan maybe later. This is the only week I am free waise.

The only complaint I have from Chaitanya was that he sucked in drunken scenes...ahahaha...but he's so cute that I forgive him for that. I love his geeky look! Awwwie. I love all songs from the film in fact, so melodious...Tamanna is one of the better actors too. I am was team Chaitanya all the way, aahaha. 100 % LOVE is seriously a bundle of joy, cuteness, and color. SIMPLY LOVE IT!!! Thank God I watched it. LOL.

What alse...yea so 180, Vaanam, and Ayan on the list fo sho. I will watch another Chaitanya movie also. LOL...That one remake of Tamil movie...hehe 

Edit: Vaanam has Simbhu?!?! Oh gawd, I am still not warmed up to him..lmfao. 

Vinnaithandi varuvaaya ka remake?? ye maya chesave..

jaaoo.. main to dekhoongi.. i like simbu..πŸ˜†

Tuli.. i dont watch movies on internet/laptop/computer so im late.. mereko dvd maangta wo bhi mere tv pe..πŸ˜†
Edited by Pulwasha - 12 years ago
.Alluring. thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Pulwasha

Tuli.. i dont watch movies on internet/laptop/computer so im late.. mereko dvd maangta wo bhi mere tv pe..πŸ˜†

aur mereko baas jaldi dekhna maangta hain woh bhi mere computer pe πŸ˜†
MakhannMalaai thumbnail

^ Is Vedam out with subs? I wanna see that first!!! I miss Allu Arjun, lawl. Achcha ji tum dekhna Simbhu ko while I watch ye maya chesave. πŸ˜† But I am so seeing 180, Sid looks totally hawt! 

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† no vedam aint out yet man..

Zainab: they releasing dookudu with subtitles and releasing it all over again.. i hope this time it releases in my theatre imaaa watch itt.. subs or no subs.. bas laga dooo phillum..
Edited by Pulwasha - 12 years ago
I just watched SHAITAAN. I am...speechless πŸ˜³
.Alluring. thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: eraser

I just watched SHAITAAN. I am...speechless πŸ˜³

why? πŸ˜† give us a review