r women meaner to women?

Posted: 18 years ago
hey guys i was talking to a couple of friends and we were all discussing that r women meaner to other women We all seemed to think that women judge other women too harshly. i see this in myself. Like there is this show on tv "beauty and the geek" where these women r shown to be stupid and i was making fun of what they were saying but then i felt so bad and i feel that its true women r harder on other women. i dont know why but we r and it seems like this is the reason that men find the guts to be mean to other women. its because women call other women names such as sl*ts or bi*ches and that is why guys say stuff like that to us. women are the main cause of problems for other women such as in school guys tend to be nicer to u if u do something embarassing but a girl will be meaner to u and i have noticed this. so tell me what u guys think.
Zara i do think women are meanner to women and judge them more harshly . Back stab, gossip , b*tch etc .Even in school i experienced it and in Work place too !! I somehow dreaded women bosses as a rule because of one woman boss . Later at school my supervisior was a b*tch too !! But with male bosses , i liked most of them as a rule ( Except for an exception)

Even in serials they show women are the first to condone some thing that another woman did and put on that "holier than thou" attitude and try and look better . They may be serials , but thats how i have seen things too.Edited by Aparna_BD - 18 years ago
hey i noticed that too.... like so much. y didn't i think of this topic?? 😛 it first started with my mom as she always finds fault in all these females from serials... not just that but in real life too. like how ould that woman have worn a sleeveless clothes. y is she talking to a guy and all that. and also i was watching this video... it was about honour killings in the middle east... a woman in it was saying that she knew a girl, who ran away and her family killed her... she said that they did completely right... i would have done the same... and zara she said it in such a matter of fact way... like she is talking about what to prepare for dinner or something. i was soooooo completely shocked.... i thought if we females keep blaming and critisizing each other then what is the hope for us to rise up against this oppression anyways... also i think from all hi that, the main psychology used by all these females is that if i have never dared to do this then how could she?? since i had to go thru so much opression and restrictions in my life, then others after me should too... y shld they not be put thru this... thats what i think. and its sooo tru abt that skool thing, on ur face they will be so sweet and behin ur back they will spread rumours and giggle and talk b**chy abt u
Ah-Men talk pettily about women too. If a woman doesnt conform to your pre concieved notions of good bad and ugly then she had better be prepared for an onslaught, both by men and women.
If a man doesnt fit the rulebook then he'll probably be joked about at the worst.

I think men have shorter memories for topics of discussion. They will talk about something and its done but women tend to talk about ghastly things for years together.

-They got divorced two years ago- one can still have girls discuss the divorce two years after, men would have forgotten about it a long time ago unless they were the one who got divorced, it is possible they would forget about it then as well 😆

Personally I've noticed some one upmanship or upwomanship thrown in my direction a lot 😆 I just ignore it or look really stressed with the nonsense, could they please get on with it-

I think girls tend to compete a lot trying to prove they are better then the others. Not really in a good sense, they should do that but they dont on average. They tend to somehow compare their skills in every department and if they think they are better or their friends think so then they feel a sense of accomplishment, it could be a small thing like how great you were looking some night. Its very hard to describe, girls publicise their feelings more, I think. It kind of gives them security that yeah you are good a sense of reassurance, she did something wrong that makes me better.

I think everyone does that to a certain extent but when its bordering on hurting someone's feelings one must stop and we girls dont get it.
APARNA WROTE
Even in serials they show women are the first to condone some thing that another woman did and put on that "holier than thou" attitude and try and look better . They may be serials , but thats how i have seen things too.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, yeah u are right, I am too disgusted with this attitude and the thing is it is sad that women enjoy this poking bit and hurting friends .
What Rindam has said about upmanship and trying to get into competition with friends is too much. I have experienced it personally. But when the mask is off, u can see the insecurity that guides such people.( LADIES need to be empathetic towards their own and not put on a charade.) haaaaaaaaaa ,I have read that women suffer from crab mentality. I do not know why they do it? Edited by Signora2 - 18 years ago
I am a women and I must agree to a certain extent women are meaner to other women. There seems to be a constant competitive edge and urge between women that make them desire to one up each other. It is not something in serials, but something you see in real life. Gossip, name calling and general bitching around...why I dont get it.
Men may be condescending to women and some may act chauvanistic, but at least they are open about it and dont hide their thoughts or engage in backbiting and gossip.
Actually I think the movie Mean Girls perfectly summarizes Feminine behavior. Its baffling....no one will ever get it.
It all depends on a womans nature, most are mean to each other but some remains pretty calm with no response
yeah, I have noticed that women tend to be meaner to women. It might be because we are more emotional than men, and sometimes we are overwhelmed by our emotions to the extreme. I know that personally, I have an easier time venting and talking things out with my guy friends than with my girl friends, just because I am not scared of being judged. But yeah, I'm not sure why we are like that...
I have to agree that some women are meaner to other women because we are more self consous and we crave for accecptance more buti also like to point out that men can be the same way.
I agree - women in general are nastier/cattier to other women. Though it happens in both sexes. Men, I've also seen can be nasty to their buddies. I guess its the compare and contrast factor which comes about when you take two people from the same gender. The "this makes me better than her/him" factor.

Seriously pathetic, IMO.