Women getting slapped on T.V & films !?! - Page 2

Posted: 18 years ago
Hmmmm prerna... lucky girl...to be discussed here...
Any sort of abuse physical or otherwise is in poor taste. If they can ban smoking on screen then this should be stopped as well. Its the wrong sort of influence.
Slapping, Kavyanjali used to be tops or so i thought with the hero at a point in time slapping the love of his life for every emotion he wanted to convey,

Happy Kavya said to Anjali, lets rejoice , lemme just SLAP you a couple times, once on this cheek and that one.

Anjali says Aw Kavya are you sad huni- Come SLAP me, here is my face, itll make you feel better

Yipee Anjali, I Kavya am thrilled- Let me share my joy, how better to do it than SLAP you.

Uh Oh now Kavya is sulking- Lets make some music for him to change the mood, Rock maybe, or lemme just let him SLAP me, Anjali, the bass effects are really good when he does that.

Crap, now what, Oh Kavya how can you be thoughtful, you didnt have a brain,
How dare you say that Anjali- SLAP

Ooh mah, Kavya is feeling naughty now, all that pent up physical desire, come touch me baby, touch you Nah, lemme just SLAP the heck living daylights outta you, after all you need to knwo how much I love you muh baby.

And the story goes on-

But Tulsi maiyya and a few other rockstars I have seen SLAP every TOM DICK and HARRY for every kind of reason under the sun, so Ekta is quite unbaised that way in her serials, as long as someone gets slapped, once on average per episode then its fine.
A slap is often executed to convey a particular emotion, at most times, Anger.

It is often excercised by men as a last means of terminating an argument (often when he finds himself at the receiving end, verbally or otherwise), or to making his position known on an issue often when words fail him.

It is also excercised in state of high emotive, hypnotic frenzied or highly strung situations to bring the person back to the real normal world (incase of death to evoke a reaction or incase of trance or hypnotism).

It is also excercised to bring about a certain level of order or correctness in individuals (children) or to impose level of authority (teacher, boss).

While slapping in itself is no justification to any situation, it often works in bringing about the result desired.

Having said that, a slap in many instances can work in a roundabout manner with devastating repurcussions.
Anyone who uses Ekta "Slappy" Kapoor's shows for a guide into the ways of life needs to be slapped. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Originally posted by T.

Anyone who uses Ekta "Slappy" Kapoor's shows for a guide into the ways of life needs to be slapped. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Oh and i am sure some people use this as a guide to life !!๐Ÿ˜†
Even i was wondering abt this same topic........i agree with what Kay Kay said..sometimes a situation may demand it.........but like in ekta's serial it happens every now and then...and in other banner soaps also...
It is not right....It exhibits violence..It usually doesn't happens in real life(very rare)...Actually i have not seen it happening(except for children).People who are infulenced by TV easily can start justifying slapping is not a big deal...they may also indulge into slapping for small small arguments........And also a Slap hurts the ego of the victim...It may beckon more problems...
OOps the topic was women getting slapped..Ok back to the topic......Slapping is wrong..that too when women is getting slapped in TV serials more frequently is ofcourse wrong....I know people enjoy watching such serials..But it is not right..there are other ways to entertain people.. Edited by charu_81 - 18 years ago
TV serial in general never gives any correct message to begin with, let alone showing women getting slaps...Hitting someone is wrong whether its a tiny slap or real abusive hitting...Showing that women in particular being the victim of slaps aren't cool at all. Its annoying to see women always being the one getting slaps while males always somehow getting away with it (in very filmy style...by holding the hand before it touches their cheek๐Ÿ˜†)...If you are gonna show slapping on tv...show some equality and show a slap when its deserved and not because of silly reasons like someone not liking someone's face..therefore...SLAP๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜ก   

For adults it might just be entertainment to see someone get slap on screen but unfortunately the case is not the same for children. Kids get influenced by everything and anything around them and seeing something like this is definitely not a good image๐Ÿ˜ƒ...So for their sake I think the makers *ahem ahem* ekta...needs to stop with all the slappsss๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Well, Aparna started the debate about slapping of women. In most of the Tamil serials that I see,it is not mere slapping of the women but also mental cruelty by MIL or husband's sister.Getting slapped,perhaps, is a pain at that particular time but mental cruelty is a life long pain to be endured.

Such incidents may happen to some extent but by exaggerating such things and bringing to focus,the serials do lot of disservice and may even help in bringing the hidden demons out!
women do get slapped too much! but i tend to find this comical in balaji tv serials apart from wen its actually acted out properly. for example in kaisa ye pyar hai, anita is gettin abused by her husband and that is not comical. ๐Ÿ˜ณ