Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna

29th Sept The chana incident

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 12 years ago

Jai Shri Krishna

Krishna tells Sudama, you used to love eating, Sudama feels little embarrassed, says you remember everything about those days. Krishna recollects one incident about Sudama eating krishna's share of chana. SB wants to know more about that. Sudama tells Krishna he won't be able to tell, so you only speak about that incident. Krishna agrees.

Once in the aashram, gurumata calls both the friends, she tells them firewood in the aashram has got over, so will they both go in the jungle to get some. Krishna says, she should order them, they will do anything to serve the aashram. Sudama says they are away from their mother, but she takes care of them, so it is their duty to do what a son does for his mother. Gurumata warns them that they should not go too much inside the forest, because there are wild animals there. Krishna says but fire wood near the entrance of the forest is already been taken, so the will have to go inside. Gurumata gives them   some chana to share & eat when they feel hungry, asks them to keep it in one of the cloths they are wearing the. Krishna shows one of his cloth is torn, so she puts all the chana in Sudama's cloth, ties it properly & tells him to give Krishna his share, when they feel hungry.

Both of them go inside the forest  & are returning after cutting fire wood. Sudama tells Krishna, what was the need of going so much inside the forest, you like to be everyone's favourite, now they can't find their way back to aashram. Krishna tells him I am the one who will get you out of this place. Sudama hears a lion roaring, he gets scared seeing the lion standing few steps away from them. He says you are not God, how will you save me from this lion. Krishna turns, sees a lion standing few steps away, with folded hands he tells the lion, o king this jungle, if you have come here in search of your meal, then please returm, because I will run away & my friend here is not sufficient for your food, I will not allow any harm done to him, so please go back. Hearing these words, the lion returns back inside the forest.

Back to Dwaraka, SB tells Krishan, even as a child, you were naughty & used to love teasing your friend. Krishna says, friendship is not only about helping each other in times of need, but also about spending time, laughing, teasing each other, now the story after this is more interesting. He continues.

There is storm & lightening, sudama says, they won't be able to find the way in dark, it is advicale to wait here. Krishna teases him saying, what if the lion changes his mind & decides to come back for his food. Sudama says then we shoud spend the night on this tree. They both climb the tree & are sitting on two different branches. Sudama is feeling hungry, starts eating the chana, hearing the chewing chana sound, Krishna asks him what is this sound, Sudama says, it's due to cold my teeths are rattling. Krishna says eating chana will relieve you of this cold, even I am hungry, give my share of chana. Sudama lies, saying, they fell off, while climbing the tree. Krishna says even I lied, I have some chana, you can eat them, I am not hungry. He opens his palm, which gets filled with chana, he gives it to Sudama, he gives some more to him. Seeing this embarrased Sudama stars crying, he confesses, he lied to him, he ate all the chana, he was not able to be a good friend, but please you never leave my friendship & forgive me. Krishna wipes his tears.

Back to Dwaraka, Sudama has tears in his eyes, he says these tears are not for being happy or sad but are for those memories, childhood, was so innocent, even lies used to be better then truths of adulthood.

Krishna says yes but it is rule of this world like birth & death, childhood, younger age, middle age, old age one has to undergo, fulfilling one's duties of being a husband, father etc. sudama starts thinking, he has not fulfilled his duty of being a husband & a father. Krishna is watching this.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the update, Minakshi, and congratulations on becoming an IF-Dazzler ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

So is the Sudama track running into next week?  Done by Dusshera?  Maybe Sagar Pictures could have just done a serial on Sudama. ๐Ÿ˜†
Bhavaani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
ROFL it's obvious that they're not ready with casting for a new track. Doesn't look like Krishna is stepping foot out of Dwarka any time soon.

mnx12 thumbnail

Thanks Vrish๐Ÿ˜Š 

Yes, looks like it will go on till Dusera. Let's suggest them some good tracks without Rukmini๐Ÿ˜†
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
They can do the Paundrak Vasudeva track, where Krishna kills Paundrak and his ally, and later his sudarshan destroys Sudakshina's monster and him and his city as well.  By then, hopefully, they'll get to the Pandavas.

Incidentally, is Puneet Isaar still w/ the show - there has been a long break for that.  I'd hate for them to change Jarasandha.  I wouldn't mind them changing Sishupala, Shalva, Dantavatra and Vidyurath.
mnx12 thumbnail

Is there any incident in Krishna's story, where Navratri is connected in some way?