Ek Hazaron Mein Meri Behna Hain Article Archives (No Comments) - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago

Viren: Man of few words

Jeevika's life is about to change as Viren's marriage proposal seems to be on the verge of being cemented. We spoke to the reticent Viren about marriage, his goals in life and whether he thinks Jeevika is the one for him.

Recently, alongwith his younger brother Virat, Viren met Jeevika in Rishikesh. What was his first impression of Jeevika? He replies, "She is value - oriented and it reflects in the way she takes care of her younger sister, Maanvi. I would say Jeevika has been more of a mother to Maanvi than an elder sister. She has done a good job considering, they both don't have parents. Jeevika is a responsible and mature girl." Didn't he get offended by Maanvi's prank? "No, it was adorable. She had her heart in the right place," he smiles.

What is Viren looking for in his wife? "I want to marry a family-oriented girl who has values. I am looking for simplicity, understanding, stability and maturity."

Talking about his character, actor Karan Tacker says this about Viren. "Like Jeevika, family is very important to Viren. Just like her, being the eldest, he understands where she comes from. As his father is no more, he looks up to his grandfather, who is a high-profile judge and wants to be a successful lawyer. He too, has looked after Virat. Viren is focused, calm, soft spoken, clear minded and knows his goal. I am enjoying this challenging role. I think Viren is perfect for me. As he talks less, I have more scope for emoting and acting."

Meet Viren in Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai every Monday-Friday at 8.30 pm only on STAR Plus.

Link Here

http://starplus.startv.in/show/ek-hazaaron-mein-meri-behna-hain-viren-man-of-few-words/news138_2405.aspx
Edited by Deepali88 - 12 years ago
Krystal Dsouza is back to form with Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain!

(3mins ago)
When a show gets over, we lean to forget the characters very soon. But some faces tend to develop a strong bond with us which makes it impossible for us to forget them.

The pretty faced, Krystal Dsouza is also among the few who succeeded in winning all hearts. The small screen actress was seen in shows like Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil and Baat Hamari Pakki Hain. Krystal's warm presence on the screen was loved by all. It's after a long time that the actress is making a comeback. Currently she is seen playing a completely new character in Star Plus' Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain.

The show is about the tale of two sisters who have huge respect for one another. Nia Sharma is playing the role of Krystal's younger sister. The show has opened on a good note and has received appreciation from all. Talking about the show and its cast especially Nia, Krystal says, "Literally she is like a sister to me where we sit together for food. Touch-wood we have a beautiful relation now. She is my savior when the male gang pulls my legs as she says 'meri didi ko tang mat karo.' We all four have a blast on the sets".

Krystal has high hopes from the show and she is very happy after being part of the Star Plus parivar. Well, we too are happy to see you in this new avatar Krystal.

Source: Indiaforums

Krystal D'Souza gets candid
Krystal D'Souza entered the television industry four years ago. Things have certainly changed since then. The actress is now reaching new heights with her character in STAR Plus' Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai. The bubbly actress got candid with us in an exclusive chat. Here's what she says'

Showing 1  of 2 images  Previous     Next

How has the journey been for you so far?
It has been a long journey for me with ups and downs. But I am very happy the way things have turned out to be. I am very thankful to Balaji Telefilms for having faith in me and for giving me a chance to prove myself. I am also thankful to STAR for all the support. They have been there through all these years.

Did you always wanted to be an actor?
I had never planned to be an actor. It happened by chance although it was my choice because if you don't desire something, you won't be able to do it obviously. So yes, I chose to be an actor when I got an opportunity.

According to you, which roles have been the most important roles in your career?
Definitely Kahe Naa Kahe as it was my first. My characters in Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil and Kya Dill Mein Hai have also been significant in my career. And now, my character Jeevika in Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai has been getting praises.

Now, you're doing a lead but earlier you had done second leads.  How have they been different for you?
If you are playing a lead character in any serial, the whole show is about you. Your character ends only when the show ends. Second leads keep changing all the time. So it feels wonderful to be a lead in a prime time show on such a popular channel.

Is it a big deal to get a lead on prime time?
Yes, it is. Playing a lead in any show even if it isn't a prime time is a big deal. The entire show runs around you. You are the star of the show. You get all the attention and importance. So why shouldn't it be a big deal for anyone?

What do you think of your co-actors such as Neha, Karan Tacker and Seema Kapoor?
Neha is like a kid. She is cute and I am always treating her like my younger sister. I keep telling her what to do and what not to do. She is very adorable and sweet. I find Karan to be very sweet and a fun person to be with. We are always joking around. About Seemaji, honestly speaking when I first saw her I was scared of her. But as we worked together and slowly got to know each other, we became friends. I feel blessed to have such co-actors and for the love I have been getting.

What's happening in your personal life? Any potential love interest?
Nah, nothing has been happening. All that has been happening is I wake up early morning, come to the sets, finish the shoot and go back home. It's the same every day. I am a very boring person

Do you plan to make it interesting in future?
Certainly not. I don't have any time to make any plans. If the future holds something for me, we will see. But for now, I am only concentrating on my professional life.

Abhinav Shukla tipped to play lead in Cinevistaas Tumse Hi

The buzz is that Abhinav Shukla to feature in Cinevistaas next on Star Plus...

Tellybuzz had earlier reported about Cinevistaas' upcoming new venture for Star Plus tentatively titled Tumse Hi which is based on two sisters.

We had also reported that Krystle Dsouza and Nia Sharma will play the leads in the show wherein actors like Divyajyotee Sharma, Anju Mahendroo and Mohit Chauhan will also be seen in prominent roles.

The recent update on the cast we hear is that Abhinav Shukla last seen in Star One's Geet Hui Sabse Parayi as Dev will be one of the lead characters in the show.

A source says, "Abhinav will be a part of the show for which he has already shot for the pilot. The shoot of the show has already started and show is expected to go on air in the month of October.

We contacted Abhinav Shukla and he says, "I have been approached for the show but there were several other offers as well. So I have not decided on the same."

Too many shows slotted on Star Plus, guess which one will be the next to get axed!

Reporter and Author: Tejashree Bhopatkar

"I want to own a Club in Los Angeles"- Kushal Tandon

Kushal Tandon aka Virat of Star Plus' Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain takes up the rapid fire this week...

A comment that you will never forget: Someone said that I am too sexy to handle...

The funniest name that someone has used on you: Kammu

Your weirdest fantasy:
To own a club in Los Angles

What is the most annoying thing about yourself:
I conclude on decisions very fast

Which is the last book you read:
The secret

If you could find a replacement for Virat, who will you replace it with:
None

The car you drive:
Tata Safari

The car you aspire to buy:
Porsche

If you were written about in the newspaper, on the front page, what would the headline say? Kushal Tandon marrying Megan Fox

Your most expressive feature: Eyes and smile

The last place on earth where we will find you:
My home

What do you carry while you are traveling:
Wallet, mobile, Otrivin (nasal drop) 

Your all time favorite film:
The Recruit 

What can I see in your refrigerator if I take a sneak peak?
Redbull, diet coke and chocolates 

Your typical day:
Shoot and gym 

When you are not acting, you like to: Watch movies, go for drives and play sports

"I want to own a Club in Los Angeles"- Kushal Tandon

"Nia is my savior on the sets"-Kryste DSouza

TellyBuzz in conversation with Krystle Dsouza aka Jeevika of Star Plus' Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain

Cinevistaas recently launched show Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain on Star Plus brought back Krystle Dsouza in an avatar that was forgotten by the viewers. After her shows Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil and Baat Hamari Pakki Hain, she has donned a different look.

In an exclusive chat with TellyBuzz, Krystal shared her experiences in the show so far and her relation with her on screen behan, Maanvi.

How did you bag the lead role in Ek Hazaaron Mein?
I did the regular auditions with Star Plus and Cinevistaas and they liked me. Actually I had got a hint that I would be doing a show on Star Plus as the lead when I was doing Kis Desh Mein Hain Mera Dil.

You are playing an out and out positive character of a simple Indian girl. Is it tough?
Frankly speaking the role is not really tough as I had played an Indian girl before. I played the lead in Kahe Naa Kahe on 9X and the role was that of a simple Indian girl.

How similar are you to Jeevika?
Frankly speaking there is not much difference between Jeevika and me because like Jeevika, Krystal also has principles and values and respect for her family. But at the same time Jeevika is not really outgoing and is quiet when it comes to taking decisions whereas I give my opinions and stand for my thoughts and feelings.  

You and Nia Sharma seem to have a blast on screen. How is your off screen rapport with Nia?
(Laughs) Well, it's more fun off screen. Literally she is like a sister to me where we sit together for food and also I was staying with her for two days when my driver was not well and I could not drive home. I really feel like an older sister or a mother to her. Touch-wood we have a beautiful relation now. She is my savior when the male gang pull my legs as she says 'meri didi ko tang mat karo.' We all four have a blast on the sets.

You have shot in places like Hrishikesh, Chandigarh and Missouri; how has the experience been?

Hrishikesh is really beautiful with its mind blowing scenery. Frankly speaking, paap dhoke aaye hain naya paap karne ke lie (laughs). Every morning we used to get up to beautiful Bhajans and Aarti. It was so serene and peaceful like heaven. I was actually enjoying the weather there where I got up every morning amidst fog and mist when it was intense heat here in Mumbai. We have not shot in Chandigarh yet, I think the shoot will happen sometime in the future.

Any memorable experience so far?

When we were shooting in Hrishikesh, Neha and I used to take a long walk after getting out of the show removing all the make up and stuffs. We just wear goggles and take a long walk just being Krystal and Neha and indulge in some shopping. Actually every day is a beautiful day for us where we used to burn the bonfire and have fun.  

You are back to Star Plus with a show, but this time as the lead, how do you feel?

I feel really happy that I am doing a show again with Star Plus and I am really honored that they have trusted and taken me in their next show as the lead (laughs).

Were there any preparations done for the role?
Actually there has been not much preparation being done for the show. The character is very normal and I did not have to work much on the dialect also.

How is the experience working with Cinevistaas and Siddharth for the first time?
Cinevistaas is a brilliant production house and I completely love working with them. They pamper you so much that if you want anything it is there right in front of you the next moment. Siddharth sir is a gentleman and he takes care of all of us so well.

How is it working with senior actors like Anju Mahendroo and Seema Kapoor?
I was really tensed to work with Seema Kapoor because I used to watch her in Hasratein and has pictured her as a stern and stiff person. But when I started working with her I realized that I was completely wrong about her. She was really sweet and when we first met she came to me and said, "Hi Krystal, how are you etc'" Anju is a rock-star and frankly speaking, she is worse than us kids. Being with her is so lively.

Was acting something that you always wanted to do?
As a kid my ambition was to become an air-hostess and acting happened by chance to me. I was in college when Balaji had come there for the auditions. They wanted a girl to play the female lead in their next show on 9X, Kahe Naa Kahe.  Ekta maam has been really very kind to me. I have heard a lot about this industry being bad, but I have never experienced anything bad till now and I guess I have been fortunate enough to work with only nice people.

Has the field been tough on you at any point of time?
I was 17 when I did my first show and since I am from a Roman Catholic background I did not have much hold of Hindi as we used to speak in English. It has been really tough for me as for more than a month I was getting a grip on the language. And that too I had to give a big bhashan in the show which made it even tougher for me. But today I guess I can speak better Hindi than anybody who has grown up speaking the language.  

What are your expectations from the show?

There are high expectations from the show especially because I am doing it on Star Plus which is considered as the best channel. We have not really done great promotion for the show apart from the ones on radio and mostly on the channel itself. I just hope the show does really well. So far I have got a good response even from my friends. I have a friend Shama who is very critical about my work, even she likes the show so much, that she even watches the repeats.

What would you like to tell your fans on India-Forums?

I would like to say that please watch the show, especially for me (laughs). I am excited to be a part of the Star Parivaar. I need blessings of all people and wishes from my fans.

Rohit verma to design Jeevika's wedding outfit...

Rohit verma to design Jeevika's wedding outfit...

Designer Rohit Verma has been roped in for an episode of Star Plus' Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai...

Rohit Verma, the spunky designer who featured in reality shows like Bigg Boss and Zor Ka Jhatka will now be seen in his first daily show, Star Plus' Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain playing himself. As it is a big affair, he is given the charge of designing Jeevika's (Krystle Dsouza) wedding outfit.

According to our source, "Rohit Verma will enter as a designer who will come to design Jeevika's wedding dress for the D-day. But once again, Maanvi (Nia Sharma) messes up things as she already chooses a dress for her and then gets into a fight with Rohit Verma who is sent Viren's (Karan Thacker) family."

Rohit Verma was unavailable but Krystal Dsouza confirmed the news. "Yes, Rohit Verma is coming to design a dress for me and it will be a grand wedding," said Krystal.

Looks like this is going to be one wedding to remember in tellydom!

Reporter: Ranjini Nair
Author: Megha Bissa
Rohit verma to design Jeevika's wedding outfit...Edited by Deepali88 - 12 years ago

Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai, Jeevika and Viren are counting the minutes as their wedding date draws closer but various obstacles keep jolting them and their fragile relationship.

More on Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai : Discuss here | Watch full episodes | Official Website

With Swamini's recent anger over Jeevika's wish to wear her mother's necklace, their future seems to be bleak for now. Will Jeevika and her family's anxieties be eased?

A Starplus.in source shares, "Swamini was offended that Jeevika and her Beeji wanted to bypass her wishes over a necklace, when she wanted her family's status to be of prime importance at Viren's wedding. With the ultimatum of calling off the wedding hanging in the air, both families are worried. In tonight's episode, Viren will tell Swamini that if she wishes he will call the wedding off, but he also adds that he loves Jeevika. Swamini will be touched by his gesture and will realize her mistake. She will apologize to Beeji and Jeevika, who will welcome her warmly. Later Maanvi will cook for the family and end up preparing tasteless food, yet everyone will praise her. Jeevika will be touched to see her sister becoming responsible."

Jeevika who was really scared about her wedding being called off. She says, "It was tough to wait for Badi ma's decision. Viren and I were getting to know each other and beginning to like each other too. So with the wedding being in jeopardy, it was a terrifying night. I never knew that things would escalate to this stage. I am glad things worked out." Talking about designer Rohit Verma designing her wedding outfit, she adds, "I am thankful for the outfit which is a red lehenga but I like simple outfits. I understand that I am supposed to wear a heavy dress on my wedding day and his creation is apt for the same. Badi ma wanted me to wear his creation so I am happy to do so."

Maanvi too adds, "I wanted to give Jeevika di a good send off but I ended up messing the food. And everyone was so sweet about it. I am going to miss her a lot."

Will the pre wedding jitters get the best of Jeevika? Will she face more hurdles along the way? Don't miss Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai every Monday-Friday at 8.30 pm only on STAR Plus.

Link :-http://starplus.startv.in/news/2524/will-jeevikas-stand-backfire.aspx

2D or 3D views for the dirty picture?

Tellydom stars speak on how they want to see The Dirty Picture produced by Balaji...

It is an undeniable fact that Vidya Balan and the steaming promos of The Dirty Picture have made the right click on to the audience minds. Coming from the soap queen Ekta Kapoor, the expectations are already sky high, but this unseen avatar of Vidya left the audience wanting for more. But what do our television hunks think about the hot and sexy Vidya Balan, will they prefer to see the motion picture through a pair of glasses?

Karan Kundra is an all time playboy on screen and is indeed one of the most chilled out guys off screen as well. From what he has seen, he believes that Vidya Balan has done justice to the songs so far but at the same time he says he found her sexier in Ishqiya. "It will definitely be interesting to watch the movie in 3D. There are a lot of matkas and jhatkas in the songs which will be a different experience to watch in 3D. Let's watch in 3D," he remarks.

Karan Tacker also shares similar sentiments as he says, "I found Vidya hotter in Ishqiya, she indeed looks beautiful in Dirty Picture." When asked if he would prefer to see the movie in 3D, he chuckled saying, "Well, it will be quite a different experience in 3D."

Vishal Singh agrees that Vidya looks fabulous in the promos of Dirty Picture and gives a naughty response. "Well, I prefer to watch the movie in 3D, after all Bade Acche Laggte Hai," quips the actor.

Vishal Karwal seems like the least interested in the 3D version. He exclaims, "This is not an action movie that we are going to see. 3D would justify for action movies I feel and hence I do not mind watching The Dirty Picture in 2D."

Well, in an era of 3D and 4D films, it will be a visual treat to watch 'normal' movies in those formats. So would you like to see The Dirty Picture in 3D?

By Saranya Valsarajan and Megha Bissa