Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Deepali- thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Kushal's unfortunate Diwali...

The actor got into a scuffle with city locals where he was shooting for his show on the Diwali day...

When everyone had a memorable Diwali recently here we have some stars who did not have a memorable celebration. Kushal Tandon and Krystal DSouza of Star Plus' Ek Hazaron Mein Meri Behna Hain will vouch for the same.

A source says, "For the Diwali celebrations Kushal and Krystal had a get together with some friends in a restaurant. But amidst the celebrations Kushal got into an argument with the locals of the city. The argument turned to a bad fight after which he was taken to a nearby police station. Later on Karan Tacker handled the situation and got him released."

We contacted Karan Tacker but he refused to comment on the same while Kushal and Krystal denied the incident.

We hope that Kushal has left the incident behind him...

Reporter: Ranjini Nair
Author: Saranya Valsarajan

Kushal's unfortunate Diwali...

Edited by Deepali88 - 12 years ago
-Araina- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Celebrities attend Jeevika-Viren's wedding

Friday, November 18, 2011 | 2:32:45 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    120 Comments

A string of actors from television's hit shows are expected to grace the Sangeet ceremony of Jeevika and Viren...

Grand show, posh family, lavish wedding and bigger stars expected to shake a leg at an upcoming wedding on Star Plus. This is a lay down of what is instore for the viewers of Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain as Jeevika (Krystle Dsouza) and Viren (Karan Tacker) are ready to enter a nuptial bond. The channel has decided to add some spice to their Sangeet ceremony by roping in renowned faces like Jay SoniRagini Khanna, Kunwar Amar to shake a leg and bless the couple.

"Star Plus' famous couple, Ragini Khanna andJay Soni aka Suhana and Ishaan of Sasural Genda Phool will be seen dancing to 'Desi Girl.' Along with them, the gang from Channel V's famous show Dil Dostii Dance will give their heart throbbing performance," reveals an insider. 

All our efforts to reach Kunwar Amarjeet Singhwent in vain while Jay Soni, despite being unwell will perform for the sangeet. He says,"Still I am not all that fine but I will try to give my best performance as I know my fans and well wishers are always with me. And I am obliged to all my fans for their wishes. Hope everyone is listening."

The shoot will take place today and promises to unfold many close guarded secrets. Stay tuned!

Reporter:Tejashree Bhopatkar
Author:Megha Bissa
snowflake. thumbnail

"I lie to the media all the time"- Abhinav Shukla

Saturday, November 26, 2011 | 12:40:27 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    45 Comments
"I lie to the media all the time"- Abhinav Shukla

Abhinav Shukla aka Dr Manant of Star PlusEk Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain takes up the random Quick Grills this week...

My role model: My dad and brother

A book that touched your heart? Journey to Ladakh by Andrew Harvey

If you could play any other character from your show which one would it be?
 Virat played by Kushal

One question that puts your down?
 It's very shallow when people ask, "Aisi body banaane ke liye kya khaana padta hain?"

The most disgusting thing you found in your bedroom?
 Not in my bedroom, but I stepped on cat's crap in my brother's bedroom.

When you were five did you dream of being this famous? Not at all

If you could lend your voice for a cartoon character which one would it be?
 Johnny Bravo

The strangest thing a fan has given you?
 I haven't got a lot of gifts from fans, so I would request them to send me (laughs) something like books or running shoes.

Last movie you cried?
 I do not cry while watching movies.

Which is the most annoying thing about you?
 When I get into a playful mood sometimes I say things that hurt people. But it's not intentional at all.

Two things you are really good at?
 Sleeping and applying logic.

A television show you wish to be a part of?
 Band of Brothers

When you were growing up, you had posters of?
 Arnold Schwarzenegger and Scream II

When was the last time you lied to the media?
 I do that every time (laughs). But seriously as actors sometimes we need to do; but not very serious lies.

What can you cook if I come to your house now?
 Anything under the sun.     

Reporter and Author: Saranya Valsarajan

snowflake. thumbnail

What If...

Sunday, November 27, 2011 | 6:05:04 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    88 Comments
What If...

Kushal Tandon aka Virat of Star PlusEk Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain talks about What If... he was not an actor.

Kushal Tandon plays the suave, dashing and funfilled character of Virat in Star PlusEk Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain. He sizzled on the ramp before he became an actor after which he went on to win the Mr. India title in the year 2005.

Today Kushal speaks to TellyBuzz on What If... he was not an actor.

What If...with Kushal Tandon

"I would have been into my dad's business had I not been an actor. He has a transport and oil business which I had as an option if I had not taken up acting. I was also good at sport and could have also been a soccer player.

But as a kid I was attracted to the fame that came with the entertainment industry. So after I became Mr. India 2005 I did ramp walk for five years after which I headed to LA where I did an acting course in NYU.

Siddhart is a really good friend of mine and he asked me to do the show for which I could not say no. The character is so much like me wherein I am equally mastikhor and family loving like Virat. This is my debut show and nothing could have been better."

Author: Saranya Valsarajan
snowflake. thumbnail

Surprise in store for Jevika in Ek Hazaron mein

Monday, December 19, 2011 | 4:20:41 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    126 Comments
Surprise in store for Jevika in Ek Hazaron mein

Star Plus' hugely popular show responds to audience demand, concentrates more on the love story...

Star Plus's Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hainwithin it's early few weeks has already found a place in audience's heart. Without doubt it will make it to one of the top spots in the TRP list.

Tellybuzz brings to you some more interesting information about the show."As the audience loves Jevika-Viren's love story and their chemistry, the show will concentrate more on those factors. Soon Viren (Karan Tacker) will arrange a party for Jevika (Krystle Dsouza)  on her birthday where definitely a surprise is in store for her."

Not keeping it much of a secret, our source informs, "Viren will bring Manavi (Nia Sharma) back to Jevika as her surprise on her birthday. Viren expects this to bring a huge smile on Jevika's face."

The production house will be shooting the birthday sequence soon.

All our efforts to reach Krystal Krystle Dsouza and Nia Sharma were in vain…

Have we spoilt the surprise for the audience?

Reporter:Tejashree Bhopatkar
Author:Sharat Kumar
snowflake. thumbnail

Abhinav's biggest shock in Survivor India

Sunday, December 25, 2011 | 10:50:45 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)    18 Comments
Abhinav's biggest shock in Survivor India

Abhinav Shukla shares one of his moments from Star Plus' upcoming show Survivor India-The Ultimate Battlee...

Abhinav Shukla is definitely one of the most adventurous guys you can find in the television industry. The actor, who is presently seen inStar PlusEk Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain, will soon be seen on the channels' upcoming creepy and exploratory reality show, Survivor India-The Ultimate Battle. Though Abhinav went all prepared, he got one of the biggest shocks and was revealed to one of the greatest secrets of the game-show.

Abhinav says, "The greatest shock for me was the first vote out. I was under the impression that the weak contestants would be voted out first but what happened ultimately was the opposite. It came as a shocker when we all had expected a particular contestant to make an exit but an unexpected contestant was voted out."

Watch all the exciting elements in Star Plus'Survivor India-The Ultimate Battle which will hit screens from January 6, 2012.

Reporter and Author: Saranya Valsarajan
snowflake. thumbnail

ls love in the air for Nia Sharma?

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 | 6:07:19 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    56 Comments
ls love in the air for Nia Sharma?

While sources suggest that she's taken, Nia uses the 'just friends' phrase..

Better known as Manvi of Star PlusEk Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain, Nia is apparently dating Varun Jain, who currently plays the younger brother of Anas Rashid (Suraj) in Star Plus' Diya Bati Aur Hum.

According to our source,"Nia and Varun, both did a show together on Star Plus called Kaali - Ek Agnipariksha, where they bonded really well. Even after the show went off air they were spotted  together."

We contacted Nia who told Tellybuzz, " I am very much single. Varun and I are good friends. We did a show together and are still in touch with each other. There is nothing between us."

We also contacted Varun who told us," Its nothing like that. Nia and I are just good friends and there's nothing more than that."

Here we go again with the famous 'we are just friends' sentence. 

Reporter: Ranjini Nair
Author: Sharat Kumar 
snowflake. thumbnail

Hits and Misses of 2011 - Part 7

Sunday, January 01, 2012 | 11:51:15 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)    548 Comments
Hits and Misses of 2011 - Part 7

With New Year we discuss the new on-screen couples who are now popular on screen...

Can you guys believe that we've completed another long year? It's already 2012 and here we are, leaving behind 2011-another year of controversies, ups and downs and of course a bunch of new shows.

Talking about new shows, we realize that there were a lot of them that were launched in the year 2011 which gave us another cluster of intense chemistry filled couples and controversies. As the year goes by, TellyBuzz thought of gifting our readers a small account of the popular couples who made their way into million hearts.

Arnav- Khushi (Barun Sobti and Sanaya Irani)

What can we say about this couple? Every time Sanaya plays Khushi and Barun plays Arnav, it seems like the characters have been carved for them. Though keeping a straight face is a tough task for Barun and fighting with Arnav is a tough one for Sanaya, the scenes are always genuine and captivating. We have seen many love stories like this one, but every time we see the couple, seems like a new story evolves from them. 

Viren-Jeevika (Karan Tacker and Krystal Dsouza)

After Star One's Rang Badalti Odhani, viewers never expected the chemistry of Karan Tacker with any other actresses. But Krystal proved it wrong with their simple yet grand portrayal of Jeevika and Viren.

Anant -Navya (Shaheer Sheikh and Soumya Seth)

Youngsters connected well with the young couple and also their family. Though at times, the viewers felt that Navya was a little too much innocent and sad at acting, the chemistry really worked well for the show.

Dr Ashutosh- Dr Nidhi Vermra (Mohnish Behl and Kritika Kamra)

The show took off with the unique paring of Mohnish and Kritika Kamra.Though it could not do great wonders on the TRP charts, the couple have found a place in the audience minds. The chatter-box Nidhi and the strict Ashutosh have successfully created magic on screen. 

Sooraj- Sandhya (Anas Rashid and Deepika):

The uneducated husband the educated wife; though an unbelievable combination, the couple proved to be totally convincing. A look at the TRP charts reflect that show never saw a fall since its launch.

Ram-Priya (Ram Kapoor and Saakshi Tanwar)

It's a bet that none of the above couples could beat their chemistry on Indian television. The middle-aged couple is rocking on screen and their chota-mota fights make it even cuter.

Mohan-Kastur (Harshad Chopra and Aasiya Kazi)

Though the couple looked promising when the show released, they could not create the magic that was expected. There were high expectations when it was reported that Harshad Chopra and Aasiya were cast together. Harshad's pairing with Additi Gupta and Anupriya Kapoor was widely accepted.But it seems like the same did not work with Aasiya, who is still remembered as the Santu of Dharmraj.

Kunal-Siddhi (Sameer Soni and Keerti Nagpure)

A sweet and peculiar couple whose chemistry clicked among the audience. We have to admit that Balaji Telefilms always bring memorable couples to Indian television. After all, the show does come from the Queen of daily soaps, Ekta Kapoor..

Rishi-Indira (Sumit Vats and Rati Pandey)

There is not even a spark of love between the two in the show. A completely fresh pair with a simple but touching story. Let us hope the pair proves good for the show and the channel. 

That was out New Year treat for you. Hope you all liked it. We are waiting for you comments...

Before we sign off we wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR again...

By Saranya Valsarajan
-Deepali- thumbnail

"We are leaving for our honeymoon soon" : Viren-Jeevika

It's been only a few months since Viren and Jeevika have been married. Don't you think they make a cute couple? Well, we speak to this hot jodi about life after marriage, adjustments in the family and the other ups and downs. Hear them out...

How has life changed after marriage?

Jeevika (J): Life, I think has changed a lot for me. In Rishikesh, I used to lead a very simple life, doing all the household chores like making tea and breakfast for everyone. At Virenji's place, everything is served on a platter and there are so many rules to follow. While I do feel a little lost at times, I am glad to have a  helpful husband like Virenji.

Viren (V) : For me, life has changed in every possible way. Since Jeevika and I had an arranged marriage, we are still only getting to know each other. There's a lot of adjusting to do, you know - from sharing your room to your family. Married life is tough for sure! But I think, we as a couple are pulling through fine.

How well have you adjusted to the Vadhera house?

J: Oh...I am still in the transition phase, adjusting every single day. Though I am sure it's not just me as every married woman has to go through this. Thankfully, I have Virenji by my side to make me feel comfortable and also sometimes cover up for my mistakes (laughs).

Do you think Jeevika has adjusted well?

V: Jeevika is an ideal wife and I think everyone would want a wife like her. Since she is new to the family, it's only natural for her to take time in adjusting to a new set up.

When are you both going for a honeymoon and where?

J: Finally! Yes we are leaving for our honeymoon soon. We will be going to Goa and I'm really excited about it. Hopefully,  we will get some 'alone' time to know each other better.

V: Since our marriage had a lot of glitches, I can't wait to spend some exclusive time with Jeevika and share some romantic moments with her.

How was your your first birthday experience away from home?

J: I've been missing Beeji, Chacha, Chachi and Maanvi ever since I got married. Though Virenji always makes me feel at home, I couldn't have asked for a better birthday gift than Maanvi coming here.

Watch this space for the next part of this interview and don't forget to catch Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai, Mon-Fri at 8:30pm only on STAR Plus.

"We are leaving for our honeymoon soon" : Viren-Jeevika

snowflake. thumbnail

Go Goa for Jeevika and Viren...

Saturday, January 07, 2012 | 5:12:16 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    160 Comments
Go Goa for Jeevika and Viren...

Television show takes it to the beaches, plans to shoot honeymoon sequence in Goa...

After the wedding celebrations of Jeevika(Krystle Dsouza) and Viren (Karan Tacker) in Cinevista's  Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain, we hear that the production house and channel are planning an outdoor shoot for the honeymoon sequence.

Jeevika and Viren will finally go to Goa for their honeymoon. We contacted Krystle who confirmed the news, "Yes, we are going for our honeymoon shoot in Goa. I am super duper excited to shoot there. I just came back from Goa after celebrating New Year's and now I have to go back for the shoot."

We called Karan who told us,"Goa is really close to my heart, it's my second home. When I wasn't acting, I used to go to Goa at least twice a year. It's going to be a tough shoot but it will also be fun."

Get ready to see some romantic moments between Viren and Jeevika in Goa.