ADIEU - Departed Artists of RS Ramayan - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by ShivangBuch

@Maitrimanthan

Lalita Pawar's will come first in the order I think as you have intended to write them all in chronological order I guess. Just in case you want to arrange them in order nothing else.

Lalita ji passed away in 1998. It was a typo, corrected it now. In 1988, Ramayan was still on air.
Edited by Maitrimanthan - 12 years ago

I hope they all rest in peace. They each of them played their respective character very well and can never be forgotten by us. Urmila Bhatt's death sounds so gruesome though, and poor Urmila Bhatt that she died all alone.😭

@TM,

Thanks a lot for this thread, it was needed!
i hope all RS ramayan actors who died rest in peace !! i have great respect for that show and dada sagar ji, and all the actors were so good its hard choosing who best is! even all the villains were great actors, they made u feel sorry for them instead of hating them !!👏😲 

i hope all the great souls who died reach God !!
Thank you so much for creating the Shraddhanjali thread so soon!!! Each of these artists gave so much to the series and contributed to its immortality, and in turn because of the characters they played, their memories will keep them alive forever in all our hearts.

My most cherished memories of each of them are as follows:

Sanjay Jog was one of my absolute favorite male actors in Ramayan, sharing the top spot with Dara Singh... he had an uncanny ability to enact both the cheerful and exuberant scenes as well as the sad and serious ones with a sense of consistency, so that both led to a single understanding of who Bharat was - a pure, childlike devotee who experienced all emotions full-swing because he had such a compassionate and empathetic heart. The entire Bharat Milaap portion, from his return to Ayodhya all the way to his move to Nandigram, is for me, among the most enlightening parts of the serial. In particular, I love when he (in no particular order, just a couple of tear-inducingly powerful moments from this track):
- chides the courtiers in Ayodhya for not making full use of their democracy, allowing the situation to become as it did, and on top of it, even thinking that he would take the throne;
- meets with a suspicious Nishaad Raj Guha and asks him to embrace him so he could feel Shri Ram's merciful presence
- is told by Vashisht, the night they reach Chitrakoot, that the power of his selfless emotions could drown the whole world, to which he responds, "mere Ram bhaiya bhi?" 😍😭

Urmila Bhatt - one of the most sweet and motherly looking of the mom characters, her soft expressions made Sita's vidaai scene all the more touching. I most love her though, in the scene where she welcomes Ram and his brothers during "aayi re baaraat Janak ji ke dwaare"... that look of being so overjoyed and so... nihaal, as if the whole universe is now her own... very poignant, even without a single dialogue, all thanks to her tender expressions.

Lalita Pawar - she made a career out of characters like Manthara so guess it's no surprise how effective she was in the role, but what was really remarkable was her heartwrenching remorse in the scene from Uttar Kand when Shri Ram forgives her... particularly when she winces upon remembering how she taunted Sita Maa while handing her the vanvaas saree... the pain and self-loathing she conveys are so convincing that even the most cynical "serves her right!" type would melt and forgive the character.

Vijay Arora - people had crushes on Ram and Lakshman while watching this show... thanks to Vijay Arora, I had one on Meghnaad 😆 I think it's the scruffy voice and overconfident ada... hence the matching crush on Puneet Issar in BRC's Mahabharat... but if I go on revealing this stuff you guys will think I need therapy 😆 Anyway, he excelled at portraying the subtleties of his character so you knew that he was a bad guy, and still you couldn't hate him. Particularly because of that moment of realization in which he recognizes Lakshman's true identity, tries one last time to save his father from destruction, and selflessly moves on towards self-destruction anyway... a scene that undoubtedly makes us want to stand up and salute him... but my favorite moment of his is actually the one where he comforts Dhanyamalini as she mourns the death of Atikay, reminding her that as the royal family, they must serve as an exemplar of courage for the rest of Lanka. Though his broader priorities (i.e. good vs. evil) were skewed, the conviction with which he gave this sage advice (as both good son and a good leader) proved that he had qualities suited for true greatness, if only they were nurtured in the right environment. Kudos to Mr. Arora for making sure these redeeming qualities came through even though we also saw him as the guy who taunted Vibhishan and injured Lakshman.

Jayshree Gadkar - another very convincing mother figure, even though she was a bit more glam than our Mata Sunaina... she had to be really understated and exude equanimity and wisdom in order to make the "Ram ki janani ho na, is liye aisa keh sakti ho" seem true, and she did so perfectly 👏 But my favorite moments were her more energetic ones during light family scenes, like when her maid tells her that the boys are returning from Gurukul and the subsequent displays of humor and affection... also later when Bharat resolves to bring Ram back, her renewed enthusiasm is so palpable and sweet!

Rajnibala - this is the only tragedy from the list that I wasn't aware of already, 57 is such a young age that it's even more shocking... may she rest in peace. Sumitra Maa was written as the backbone of the royal family in RSR, and Rajnibala did a beautiful job of portraying that in each of those scenes from Ayodhya Kand (and the one scene in Aranya Kand) in which she gives her loved ones the strength and patience they need to weather their hardships... particularly the scene in which she tells Urmila to think of that first night of separation as "1 down, only XXX more to go!" instead of looking at it as one endless night... she did not deliver these lines without emotion as if they were sermons by some detached sage, she made it clear that Sumitra too was affected... which made it all the more touching that, in spite of hurting as much as she was hurting, she was able to think that way. Possibly the most venerable depiction of Sumitra Maa ever to come on screen, and a significant portion of the credit goes to Rajnibala.

Thank you once again for setting up the thread, maitrimanthan, and everyone else, looking forward to you guys' favorite moments from any of these departed artists in an effort to recognize their contributions to the show.

Of all the above, Jayashree Gadkar is my favorite - she played the role of several mytho women - Lakshmi, Parvati, Sita in a Luv-Kush movie, Sulochana (in Bajrangbali) and many more.  Very versatile actress in the mytho category.
@Maitrimanthan

Can you post information about Bal Dhuri? I know he was Jayshree Gadkars husband and I heard that he left this world too but I cannot find information about it.
I have not heard any such bad news related to Bal Dhuri ji. He had a Marathi film "Sadarakshanaay" release early this year. I hope he is hale and hearty wherever he is.

----------------------------------------
Bal Dhuri's gentle performance as the mild but strongly supportive father-in-law Vasant Pandit is very touching. He is the voice of most of the audience, as it moves with the turbulence of Vidya Pandit's life and career. He is the gentle voice of wisdom, integrity and support that the movie wants the rest of us to have, towards those who have tough choices.

http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/sadarakshanaay-marathi-film-review/20110404.htm
----------------------------------------

Thanx for d info! I remember all these brilliant actors may they all rest in peace!