Bade Acche Laggte Hai

BALH: Written Update 17 Oct 2011

-Carrie- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Bade Acche Lagte Hain
                       written update 17 Oct 2011

Sharma House.Karthick & Sudhir tensed & awaiting arrival of Ships from the jewellers. Ayesha has reached home already informed them of her mom's extravagance. Nutz walks in nonchalantly & rolls her eyes at the worried faces of her hubby & FIL.

Ships returns & sits tiredly on the sofa.Everybody stares at her but don't say a word. Ships is taken aback by their behaviour & says she is not a saintto know what's on their minds.She asks them the reason for their tension.Sudhir begins his rant of how Ships is so unmindful of their financial condition & her thoughtless spending.Karthick too joins in berating his mom.Ships angrily retorts that she is only doing it to keep her family's face during such a huge Karva Chauth function.She says anyway its her jewelry & she is free to do as she pleases with it.Sudhir & Karthik argue with her some more when Nutz intervenes saying MIL is right.Karthick pounces on her for siding with his mom.Finally Karthick gets a super brainstorm that they should ask Priya for a solution to this problem & get her to knock some sense into Ships.Karthick phones his sis.Nutz rolls her eyes again thinking what a bunch of brain dead gits! (As much I hate you have to agree with you on this one👍🏼.)

Kapoor Mansion. The Kapoor women are seated with a jeweller selecting jewelry. Dadi tells Niharika to first let Priya choose a set for herself & then send a few pieces over to Nutz later.Niharika wants to do it rightaway but Dadi scolds her asking her to wait & let Priya choose first.She then asks Priya to hurry & select one.Pippu chooses the smallest one & asks for the price.Niharika laughs at her & tells her that the Kapoor women don't look at price tags. (Sure! You are not the one paying for it are you,Free loader parasite?) Pippi insists on knowing the price & is told its a mere 10 lakhs.Pippu is shocked & tells Dadi that she was already given so much jewelry at the wedding many of which she hasn't worn even once.She wants to wear one of them.Dadi is very impressed by her Golu ki dulhan's samajhdaari but isn't having any of it & insists Priya choose one.Having no choice Pippu picks the smallest piece but Dadi isn't happy & chooses a grander one.Pippu protests saying she is uncomfortable in heavy jewelry so Dadi gives in & lets Pippu have her way.Niharika & her secretary beti are watching all this with typical ektaish faces.🥱 Just then Priya gets a call from Karthick & she leaves to attend it.Dadi then asks Ishika to choose one & she grabs the best piece & looks to her mom for approval who gives a very happy approval.🤢

Karthick explains their problem to Priya & she in turn asks to speak to their father. She pretty much says the same stuff that Sudhir said to his wife & advices him to talk her mom out of her stupidity. Sudhir approves of his daughter & tells Ships so.Nutz is angry that Priya still rules the house even after being married off.

Priya in her room worrying over her fasting the next day.She then pacifies herself that there is no job that she cannot do.After all Ships too has been observing the day all her life.She says she'll do it for Dadi who is working so hard to make the day so special.Pippu then berates Golu for hurting dadi by flying off to Chennai.Golu then walks in self importantly & says he has tried everything to avoid going out of town on KC day but he hasn't managed to wriggle out of his commitment.He simply has to go else his company will suffer losses. Pippu all miffed says he can gauge the company losses coz they are related to money but he is so blind to the loss he is causing to the family by insisting to remain absent coz that can't be measured in monetary terms. She then mounts a full on assault over Golu's indifference to his dadi's hurt feelings.😆 Ramu retorts that she is making a castle out of a molehill & asks exactly what purpose a man's presence would serve in an all-women celebration (Point to be noted your honour!👏) He asks her to somehow manage on her own.

Dadi walks in on this argument & demands why her pyaara pota is bent on ruining her day.Golu tries to explain but Dadi shuts him up.She orders him to stay home the next day or else & walks out in a huff. Ram turns on Priya accusing her of instigating his pyaari Dadi against him.😆Pippu flatly denies it. Ram booms no one understands him.Priya's tells him to tone it down & that he is so selfish that he can't think of his Dadi's happiness.She says he broke her heart what kind of a pota he is? Golu gets all possesive over his granny & says its between him & hisss Dadi.He then walks off from there.Priya yells after him that she is hers too as Pippu is her Golu ki dulhan.👍🏼 Meri dadi!!!! Priya mutters omniously.She says she'll see just how he gets to Chennai.😈

Resentment escalating in Nutz that Priya remote controls her house.She is worried she is not the apple of their family's eye.She decides to put an end to Priya Raj in Sharma House.She calls her didi for advice.😲😆Secretary Didi says the Sharma's should be shown their place & concocts a plan in mute.Nutz all happy wappy & smiles evilly.🥱

Ships all worried stands alone near the living room window & Nutz notices her.She walks over to her & asks if Ships is worried over those jewelry.Ships nods & says she & her hubby don't think in the same way & makes a very sad muh.Nutz puts her plan in action & tells her MIL that there is no need to worry over it as they can always cancel going to her maika.Ships says they can't remain absent from a first KC ceremony of the bahu & beti of the house.Nutz then says she could ask her mom & brother for money & Ships is shocked & says that is so not done.They can't take money from their samdhis.Just then Nutz gets a
call from her assistant who asks her about some jewelry for their fashion show.She shouts at him to source it on his own.He then asks if they could use fake jewelry & she agrees.She cuts the call & turns to her MIL.She says the phone call has given her an idea,Why dont they use fake jewelry just so they are not belittled in front of the hoity toities? Ships first is reluctant then agrees.She finally heaves a sigh of relief & is happy. She calls Nutz a doll & embraces her.Nutz smiles evilly to herself🤢.
(I dislike Shipra but felt a bit bad for her here.Naive & superficial she might be but she doesn't deserve the public flogging Nutz has planned for her.Nutz has a problem with Priya why hurt Shipra where it will hurt her the most? She was one who wanted to buy all that gold for her.How soapish!!!!!)

Dadi all sad in her room has summoned Priya & she arrives.Dadi expresses her disappointment over Golu's imminent departure.She extracts a promise from Priya that she will somehow stop him from leaving.Priya replies she has no mind to commit suicide.🤣 Kidding! 😳 Priya says its impossible & she can't do it.Dadi tearfully insists & it moves Priya a lot.She gives her word that she will try that her Golu should be in front of her eyes on Karva Chauth day.Baaki Rab Raakha.😆She asks the oldie to get some sleep & leaves.

PriAm❤️

Ramoo busy packing a suitcase & Pippu in her Rani pink satin gown saunters in clutching her huge comforter.She comes to stand next to Golu & peeks into his open suitcase.😉Ramu acts all irritated saying that he has already explained to her that he has to go & he really is going.Pippu simply stares back at him.She says."Go! Who is stopping you?"🤣 Ram is shocked & is like,"Heh, you want me to go"?😳😆 Priya says does he want help? Ram regains composure saying no he likes to pack his bag himself just so he knows what stuff is where.Priya listens to all this & says she too is not fond of pawing through his suitcase.🤣Its just that if dadi caught her not helping her Golu like the time he went to the US she might blow her fuse again.Ram agrees with his wife & requests her to stand by him but please not touch anything.After extracting two more promises to not touch his stuff he goes to get more shirts from the wardrobe.(Haila! 😲Ram, Chennai mein shirt ki dukaan lagan hai kya?) Priya takes this opportunity to pinch his air ticket from his laptop bag.She says to herself try travelling without an air ticket now,Mr K! 🤣Golu returns with a pile of shirts & Priya asks him how is he packing so much? He replies the shirst may get soiled & he may need more.(Boardroom mein presentation karoge ke kheton mein Golu?🤣)Ram slightly disappointed that his new wife is letting him go so easily😳 (Want to pull his cheeks.Cho Chweeet!😆) .He asks the reason for her ear to ear grin. He asks is she so happy that he is leaving.Priya says an emphatic Yes! Ram is like,"Really?" & Pippu says,"Really"!🤣 This way she wont have to transfer the moon in a sieve & see Golu through it. Ram says that's a good point.Pippu continues that her mom has said one must always see off a person with a smile.She then proceeeds to show her battisi.😃😃😃 Ram says he was so wrong about her mother being loud.She seems to be an intelligent lady.Priya is all proudy.Then Golu being Golu can't resist & asks Pippi if she too was a bit like her mom? Priya raises one brow in a ."Dont start now" way.That shuts up Ram & he manages to swallow his chuckle😛.He then begins to check for his ticket & Pippu reminds him that it is in his lappy bag.She makes a big show of hunting for it but Ram asks her to keep her hands off.She insists on helping him to check for it but he firmly zips up his lappy bag.Pippu then wishes him a very hearty good night & Ram responds like wise.Screen freezes for the day on Priya giving Golu an evil look😆.

Precap: Karva Chauth ceremony underway at Kapoor Mansion. At the Sharma House Nutz walks in looking for Ships who looks gorgeous in a gujrati style saree.She asks Nutz if she is ready.Nutz replies that she is ready & asks her meaningfully if she is!😡

The last scene was the saving grace of the episode.Ram & Sakshi were at their usual best. The moments with Dadi too were not bad.As for the Sharmas though yawn worthy still it did portray a the middle class perpetual dilemma of trying to live up to false illusions all the while living beyond their means.Ok Ok episode.😛

Please do comment.

Good night & Take care.

Zuby

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-MariaMars- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks for the wonderful update Zuby... Rightly said, Last scene was the saving grace of today's episode... Loved the RaYa scene... 

I think we will get the Karwachauth scene tomo as per promo.. Waiting eagerly for it.. 😍
Gauri22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for an awesome update Zuby...

I bet Pippi's started to have some feelinsg for Golu, she does'nt want to stop him only for Daadi..and Golu kinda feeling bad she's letting him go easily is hilarious!

Nuts is an absolute gone case! What a spolit little thing! How does she thing Kartik will react seeing his mother getting humiliated in front of her family! 
PreethiR thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
thanks for quick update zuby..missed the episode today
avivakirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
 Mrs.D,
🤣
It seems like ages that we have not seen RAYA though it's just three days! Thanks for the fantastic update and reading your update BALH rocks today too👏 ! Thanks for showing us today's picture!
I will watch it at night today...Pippu rocks again...Naughty naughty Priya u pulled a fast one on Bholuji!🤣 Zuby...😆 Gholu is coming there to open a store in Chenaii! Are u excited?????/ You hit right on the MC mentality that to keep up with Joneses u have to  borrow /camouflage to flaunt  your wealth
Great update Zubs!👏 
soaplover1 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
thx for the update,,,,,I kinda like Nutz idea of fake jewellery if only her intention was not bad.In their situation it is the best solution and I dont like the way they kind of humiliated the mom infront of her DIL and the whole family...whatever their situation is she was trying to do the best she can which is quite understandable.
anizor thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanks for an awsome update,i also felt bad for shipra .
saisamanvi thumbnail
awesome update zuby...loved it
thank you so much
chithoo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
res will be back 😛
editing: okie me going to edit and keep saving as the lappy is hanging on me i guess it is not in favour of insipid epis🤣
kya hua re Mrs.D😕 nazar lag gayi😭 the last time u gave us PriAm, More PriAm and PriAm again😳 and now like the small zari at the end of the "angavastram"😆😆😆 we have PriAm😳...wah wah kya baat kya baat👏 am applauding myself🤣 see 😛 the pretty part in the otherwise plain clothing is the silk border, right😳
okie enough of my gloating😆 coming to the epi🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱

Thanks Zubes😃 for inviting us all on a monday for a slumber party  if u had told me earlier i would have come in hugging my comforter  like Pippu😳 okie Viji makes herself comfortable on Zuby's couch and looks on😛
Zubes narrates: Scene 1: Sharma house - the entire clan is reprimanding Ships for her stupidity in trying to match up with the Kapoor's and Ship's is remonstrating saying the prestige of the family is at stake🥱
They finally decide to call "nattamai" 🤣 Pips😛 and she voices the same opinion as Papaji😃 nutz is all  and wants to scream "Nattamai theerpa maathi sollu" 🤣 Pardon me Mrs.D if i don't blabber this way i might doze off on yr couch😕 by the time i reach the "zari"😳
Full marks to u dear "brain dead gits" 👏 indeed the whole lot🤢

Zubes moves to Scene 2: Avi, Maris, Neens and the rest of the girls are all ears😃 viji slouches at the sound of jewellery selection🥱 but pricks up her ears on hearing "free loader parasite"😆😆😆 another punch😃 wah wah👏👏 and the secretary😆 daughter not to be left behind choses the most expensive🤢🤢🤢 aww did Pips manage to take a simple one😛 

now all the girls are distracted and Mrs.D😛 quickly shifts to Chotu PriAm Scene 3:😳  Pips talking to herself 😛 (aha Zubes has the attention of all the girls now and viji is sitting bolt upright😳😆) in walks Golu and is under fire immediately😆😆 he tries to justify his Chennai trip "zuby wanted to pull my cheeks, i have to go😛" pips is not amused😕 she says "daadi will pull your ears if u go"😈 
daadi walks in on their fight and is all hurt that her pota is ruining the day and walks off after a warning😃 golu is angry with pips for making him out to be the bad boy in front of daadi amma😛 and gets all possessive over his daadi and pips says she is her daadi too😛😛😛 wow i loved this scene😳

Zuby moves to Scene 4: Sharma household🥱🥱🥱 vij's head drops, avi is twirling her hair😛, maris is trying to keep awake😕 and neens is taking the opportunity to read about "patil saab"😆. okie bottom line of the scene...Nutzilla has laid a trap😡 to humiliate her MIL😭 at the Kapoor mansion on KC in front of her ostentatious fraternity🤢🤢🤢 grow up girl😡 how low can u stoop🤢🤢 Zubes u r right but this girl is evil personified and she knows the best way to hurt Priya is by way of her family😭🥺 she can take insults thrown at her but not her dear ones and as for Karthik's feelings...like she cares😡😡

yippie Zuby narrates Scene 5: Daadi and PriAm😛😳 (U have our undivided attention😳) Daadi wants Pips puthar 😛 to convince golu puthar😛😛 against going to see Zuby puthar😆😆 pips knows it is a tough ask (competing with Zuby😆) but promises daadi 😃. Pips walks in hugging her comforter😛 koi nahi very soon u will be hugging something softer and bigger🤣 and offers to help with the packing much to the bewilderment of golu🤔 

Oh ho "pawing thro his suitcase"😳 another good one Zubes👏👏👏 and "shirts ki dukaan" lagane ke liye nahi dear...AC mein pasina choot tha hai na usko 😆aur chennai is humid jaanum samjha karo😃 pips nicks the tkts😛 and golu all perplexed and also a lil hurt😳 over his wife's sudden exuberance over his absence from KC. He questions her and she says she is genuinely happy as she does not have to buy a dish antenna size sieve to fit his face 😈.
loved the way the two teased each other in this scene and pips's master stroke in offering to check the tkts knowing fully well golu would immed shut the bag😆😆 the naughty and cute expressions from both were fantastic⭐️ and yes the saving grace of this epi was truly this scene.

thanks Zuby once again for having us all over for yr slumber party😛😆 u kept us all awake with your wonderful narration of an otherwise so so epi😛

love u 🤗 sweets looks up😒 oooh another lambu post😕 sowwie

Edited by chithoo - 12 years ago
avivakirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
 Mrs. D,
 Watched the show and it is exactly as u described it!...  great episode not only abt Raya scenes but the other actors in the Sharma family were good...

Men being practical and women wanting to show off jewellery or sarees...My dad couldn't understand why women needed so many sarees to show off at every function😆 here it's jewellery at the cost of selling your assets for one function😃😉

Nuts portrayed the bored spoilt bahu to the hilt..Same expressions shown by her Mom and Di...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree does it ? 😡😡

Liked the roly poly Gholuji's Dadi so much...It's her presence or Nihara and her clan would have made a mincement of Priya by now😃😊

Good to see again  Priya not being swayed by the wealth and keeping a cool head on her shoulders...Agre evil step Mom needn't wory abt money as Ram is her cash cow

Has ishicka changed her hair style? thought she looked different...Where's her hubby darling? missing in action or lost in Bermuda triangle😆😆 Wah re didi what advice u gave your kid sis! Apne hi haathose kuladi maarne ko kaha

Shipra is going to get a wake up call abt the real intentions of her Doll😭 Agree felt sorry for her!

Again the highlights were RAYA"s chemistry..Priya's wide eyed innocent look,Ramu's gleam in the eye expressions took the cake...Golu..is she behri that  u have to repeat the dialogue thrice...
Pippu ..u are one hell of a smart woman... Stole the tickets from right under the nose...U are in big trouble...

Thanks Zubs once again for the wonderful update!👏 Hope I 've not bored u with ramblings and brickbats!😆
Edited by avivakirk - 12 years ago