Does our forum need an intro thread - Page 3

Poll Question :

Do we need an intro thread?

Poll Choice
Yes - explain why.
No - explain why.
Login To Vote
Posted: 12 years ago
We did try a change isn't it ? and still quite some are in favour of merging 2 threads 😊 but it can't be archives. So it either has to be queries and rules or a new intro with rules.
That's all I suggested then also. Still i don't know where are the N number of new comers who introduces them selves πŸ˜†
Query thread and intro thread cannot be merged. Query thread is a serious thread while itro thread is a casual one

I think I will create a rules + intro thread. The newbies have to read the first post and then introduce themselves...

I just need some free time for these activities...that's what I am not getting now. I'll probably rephrase the rules too...it looks too confusing.

Will be glad if you all can suggest something.
Well sure I saw some very nicely written rules in one of the forums written by Naadi
I think Intro thread is not required. GD thread is there already to do that job. New members can introduce themselves to GD thread and getting know each other. 
I would say let there be an introduction thread. But club it with the rules and regulation thread so that all the rules will be clear. I agree with aadrika on this.

I was a silent member for more than a year on this forum. All who have noticed my joining date will know that. I felt alone when i initially logged in and went through the GD . Then slowly I made inroads and forrays.

SO let the introduction be there. Silent members will take their time and join the active circle at their comfortable time. I felt nice to introduce myself in the thread when I first came in. It in some remote way gets the right start feel to the entire process. When I went back again and saw the comments from senior members I felt a warm feeling. It in a way made me feel like taking an active interest. SO let the thread be present. No changes to the rest.😊 As it is this is a great forumπŸ‘
So, we will have an intro thread...give me some time to create a new rules + intro thread.