Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
There are tragedies and there are tragedies, and during such moments we become suicidal. Friends and family are critical during such moments to help us.
Last year a mum reversed her car at home and killed her own child. Another lady forgot that her child was in the car. Accidents are waiting to happen.
I believe we become heartless when the mind rules over the heart. Logic presiding over compassion and understanding.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I did not see the video or look at the pictures. Just reading how a two year old was left to die while people callously walked around broke my heart. I'm not strong enough to see people behave this way. Accidents are human, but compassion and caring ought to be human too. Hitting someone maybe an accident, even cautious people sometimes do so. But making no effort to avoid it, dragging them, driving on and then escaping is cold blooded murder. Witnessing a hit and run maybe chance. But walking on as if nothing has happened, making no effort to see if the victim can be saved, not even bothering to call the cops or ambulance is being accomplices to murder. I can't imagine how people live with that on their conscience. This is the sort of behavior that makes me believe that humanity is doomed.

Then there is that situation in Ohio. One man's eccentricity and wasteful behavior not only put innocent citizens at risk, but now rare tigers, bears and other exotic animals are just being shot at sight. How easily we will give shoot at sight orders for animals that have not done any harm yet, but strongly feel that serial killers and rapists deserve trials? I guess as humans we will always put human life above animals, but you would think that with all our technology and claims to moral, intellectual superiority – we would be able to easily find less violent solutions? How can we humans claim to be the morally or intellectually superior species destined for dominance on earth? We seem to be such an selfish and apathetic race, with no compassion even for our own people.

Then again sometimes you do read about the good stuff. Like the group of bystanders who rescued a motorcyclist stuck below a burning car. Or that man who risked his life to save a little girl from an armed predator. Or the intern who threw himself in the line of fire to save others. Or even the twelve year old girl who swam out into tides to save a drowning little boy. Perhaps as long as there are a few good men and women, there is still hope, there is still humanity and there is probably still something better that we humans can aspire to.

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Divinity is best expressed in young children and truly they are innocent. Yue Yue was exceptional. Her death has touched our hearts and opened our eyes too. The tears we shed for her has also cleansed our soul. Her spirit will always be there to comfort the parents and give them the strength.
May she bless us all too.
SVU made me love New York's finest. The Hipster Cop took that love one notch higher.

*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I had to look at it a few times to find the mistake:

*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
New song:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdQnYx4Prfo[/YOUTUBE]
Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

What is the mistake?
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

What is the mistake?

At first I was looking thoroughly through the numbers before I realised it's just a decoy.
Originally posted by: souro

At first I was looking thoroughly through the numbers before I realised it's just a decoy.

Is the mistake 9 colors instead of 7? 😕
Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

Got it on third try.