Book Talk

~ * Book Quotes * ~

-Whatever- thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Do you have personal favorite quote from any specific book? An unforgettable quote? I bet you have! So I thought, why not store all the lovely quotes here. Hence, the topic.  I'm sorry if this topic is already present, 'cause I tried searching for the topic and didn't find any. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

avivakirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Good post...Will come with my reply!
Rafeal. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I cannot express it; but surely you and everybody have a notion that there is, or should be an existence of yours beyond you. What were the use of creation if I were entirely contained here? My great miseries in this world have been Heathcliff's miseries, and I watched and felt each from the beginning; my great thought in living is himself. If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger; I should not seem a part of it. My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods. Time will change it, I'm well aware, as winter changes the trees ' my love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath ' a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Heathcliff ' he's always, always in my mind ' not as a pleasure, any more than I am always a pleasure to myself ' but as my own being ' so, don't talk of our separation again ' it is impracticable....Catherine Earnshaw 

Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living! You said I killed you — haunt me, then! The murdered do haunt their murderers. I believe — I know that ghosts have wandered on earth. Be with me always — take any form — drive me mad! Only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!...Heathcliff

This Quote is from Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights... Love it !!!
Edited by JakeR - 12 years ago
angelirebelli thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: JakeR

I cannot express it; but surely you and everybody have a notion that there is, or should be an existence of yours beyond you. What were the use of creation if I were entirely contained here? My great miseries in this world have been Heathcliff's miseries, and I watched and felt each from the beginning; my great thought in living is himself. If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger; I should not seem a part of it. My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods. Time will change it, I'm well aware, as winter changes the trees ' my love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath ' a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Heathcliff ' he's always, always in my mind ' not as a pleasure, any more than I am always a pleasure to myself ' but as my own being ' so, don't talk of our separation again ' it is impracticable....Catherine Earnshaw 

Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living! You said I killed you ' haunt me, then! The murdered do haunt their murderers. I believe ' I know that ghosts have wandered on earth. Be with me always ' take any form ' drive me mad! Only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!...Heathcliff

OMG.. absolutely classic...**superduperloves**

avivakirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Got scared reading Wuthering Heights when I was a child...Heathclifffs evil nature put me off...Years later I read it again ...still didn't enjoy it
My favourite quote is " Time and Distance may quench a small love but would make a strong one all the more stronger"
Leve thumbnail
here's a quote from the firm 🤣 i wanted to post the whole thing but dont feel like typing much 😆

" Why? You guys plan to follow? Will you follow me or them? What if they follow you? What if we all get real confused and I follow everybody?"

hahahhahaa 🤣🤣
Leve thumbnail
You wouldn't really find that quote funny until u read the book 🤣🤣
TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Why waste time in discovering truth, when one can so easily make it ... 
angelirebelli thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

This isnt my fav quote but something I went back to while I was reading the book...

"What is past is past. never go back. Not for excuses. Not for justification, not for happiness. You are what you are, the world is what it is." 

--  The Last Don,Mario Puzo 

" It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way — in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only."

--  A Tale of two Cities, Charles Dickens

Edited by angelirebelli - 12 years ago
-GredForge- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: JakeR

Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living! You said I killed you ' haunt me, then! The murdered do haunt their murderers. I believe ' I know that ghosts have wandered on earth. Be with me always ' take any form ' drive me mad! Only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!...Heathcliff

omg~!!! i soo love wuthering heights! and this quote is just fab!<3