Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..Ankita.. thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
"A man is like a novel: until the very last page you don't know how it will end. Otherwise it wouldn't be worth reading." 
Yevgeny ZamyatinWe
-Dee- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
"Blood was Blood and nothing was equal."

- The Godfather, Mario Puzo.
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Some of my favorite quotes from my most favorite book - The Last Lecture:

"The brick walls are there for a reason. They're not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something... If you want something bad enough, never give up (and take a boost when offered).  Brick walls are there for a reason. And once you get over them-even if someone has practically had to throw you over- it can be helpful to others to tell them how you did it."

"No matter how bad things are,you can always make things worse. At the same time, it is often within your power to make them better."

"Too many people go through life complaining about their problems. I've always believed that if you took one-tenth of the energy you put into complaining and applied it to solving the problem, you'd be surprised by how well things can work out... Complaining cannot work as a strategy. We all have finite time and energy. Any time we spend whining is unlikely to help us achieve our goals. And it won't make us happier."

"If you wait long enough, people will surprise and impress you. When you're frustrated with people, when they've made you angry, it just maybe because you haven't given them enough time. Jon warned me that sometimes this took great patience - even years. But in the end, people will show you their good side. Almost everybody has a good side. Just keep waiting. It will come out."

"My colleague told me: It took me a long time, but I've finally figured it out. When it comes to men who are romantically interested in you, it's really simple. Just ignore everything they say and only pay attention to what they do."

"It's not how hard you hit. It's how hard you get hit... and keep moving forward."

"Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other."

"Apologies are not pass/fail. I always told my students: When giving an apology, any performance lower than an A really doesn't cut it. Half hearted or insincere apologies are often worse than not apologizing at all because recipients find them insulting... A good apology is like an antibiotic; a bad apology is like rubbing salt in the wound.

"It's not about how to achieve your dreams. It's about how to lead your life. If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you."

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
And some from The Hunger Games Trilogy, love it too:

"Destroying things is much easier than making them."  Katniss Everdeen

"At some point, you have to stop running and turn around and face whoever wants you dead. The hard thing is finding the courage to do it." –Katniss Everdeen

"It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart." –Katniss Everdeen

"Some walks you have to take alone." – Katniss Everdeen

"There's a chance that the old Peeta, the one who loves you, is still inside. Trying to get back to you. Don't give up on him." – Primrose Everdeen

"You're still trying to protect me. Real or not real," he whispers.
"Real," I answer. "Because that's what you and I do, protect each other."

"What I need to survive is not Gale's fire, kindled with rage and hatred. I have plenty of fire myself. What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again. And only Peeta can give me that." – Katniss Everdeen

"I'll tell them how I survive it. I'll tell them that on bad mornings, it feels impossible to take pleasure in things because I'm afraid it could be taken away. That's when I make a list in my head of every act of goodness I've seen someone do. It's like a game. Repetitive. Even a little tedious after more than twenty years.  But there are much worse games to play."  - Katniss Everdeen

tehreem. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
omg they are soo many but ones which come to my mind right now are:

~"Forbidden to remember, terrified to forget; it was a hard line to walk."  New Moon

~"You love me. Real or not real?" I tell him, "Real." Mockinjay 

~"There is, I believe, in every disposition a tendency to some particular evil, a natural defect, which not even the best education can overcome." Pride and Prejudice

~"You are too generous to trifle with me. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes are unchanged; but one word from you will silence me on this subject for ever."Pride and Prejudice 

~"I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun." Pride and Prejudice

Leve thumbnail
Movie- V for vendetta
People should not be afraid of their government, government should be afraid of its people.
--
Drama - Revenge
There's no thing as justice, in or out of court.
--
Because the day I became yours, you became mine

Forumuser_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4

"The only thing that makes a Dream impossible to achieve is the fear of failure" - Paulo Coelho, The Winner Stands Alone
*Dev.* thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Live Happy Ever In Every Conditions!
Tohru thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Love means never having to say you're sorry. Eric Segal Love Story.

I was afraid of being rejected, yes. I was also afraid of being accepted for the wrong reasons. Eric Segal, Love Story.

What can you say about a twenty-five-year-old girl who died. Eric Segal, Love Story.

You can go through life and make new friends every year - every month practically - but there was never any substitute for those friendships of childhood that survive into adult years. Those are the ones in which we are bound to one another with hoops of steel. Alexzander McCall Smith , The No1 Ladies Detective Agency.

We are all fools in love. Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice.

Give me agony or give me death, I'll take thy heart as eternal breath. Nely Cab, Ceatura.

Unrequited love is all right in books and things, but in real life, it completely sucks. Meg Cabot, Haunted.

Sometimes we need to take big risks if we want to find out who we are, and what we were put on this planet for. Mrg Cabot, Queen of Babble.

Still many more  some another time 😳
.Iconoclast. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
"One believes things because one has been conditioned to believe them ." -- Brave New World