GrumpyCat thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Tfs all lovely quotes ðŸ˜ƒ
Tohru thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
In death there are no secrets.

No one passes through life unnoticed.

Look closely enough and you can find the child in the adult and vice versa.

Each of us carries our fetal flaw within.

all above lines are from Here at the end of world we learn to dance.

chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

"That is the fear: I have lost something important, and I cannot find it, and I need it. It is fear like if someone lost his glasses and went to the glasses store and they told him that the world had run out of glasses and he would just have to do without." - John Green, Looking For Alaska

"He stared up at the stars: and it seemed to him then that they were dancers, stately and graceful, performing a dance almost infinite in its complexity. He imagined he could see the very faces of the stars; pale, they were, and smiling gently, as if they had spent so much time above the world, watching the scrambling and the joy and the pain of the people below them, that they could not help being amused every time another little human believed itself the center of its world, as each of us does." - Neil Gaiman, Stardust

"Reading was my escape and my comfort, my consolation, my stimulant of choice: reading for the pure pleasure of it, for the beautiful stillness that surrounds you when you hear an author's words reverberating in your head." - Paul Auster, The Brooklyn Follies

And so it was when anyone tried to speak: their minds would become tangled in remembrance. Words became floods of thought with no beginning or end, and would drown the speaker before he could reach the life raft of the point he was trying to make. It was impossible to remember what one meant, what, after all of the words, was intended. - Jonathan Safran Foer, Everything is Illuminated.

And these aren't exactly from books but they're from poems so I'm going to go ahead and post them anyway.

When your boots will fill with rain and you'll be up to your knees in disappointment and those are the very days you have all the more reason to say "thank you," 'cause there is nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline no matter how many times it's sent away. - Sarah Kay, B. (If you've not read/heard the poem, I highly recommend watching this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0snNB1yS3IE )

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost, Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening.

And a childhood favourite...

"But the wild things cried, "Oh please don't go- We'll eat you up- we love you so!"

I think everyone will know where that one's from ;)

Edited by chhilt - 11 years ago
ohsehun. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
^ I love John Green! <3

"You spend your whole life stuck in a labyrinth, thinking about how you'll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining the future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present."

Edited by ..Labyrinth.. - 11 years ago
Tohru thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
- Love makes you want to be a better man. But maybe love, real love,
    also gives you permission    to just be the man you are.

- People say children from broken homes have it hard, but the children
   of charmed marriages  have their own particular challenges.

- Because isn't that the point of every relationship: to be known by someone else,
    to be understood? He gets me. She gets me. Isn't that the simple magic phrase

- There's a difference between really loving someone and loving the idea of her.

- I don't understand the point of being together if you're not the happiest.

- People love talking, and I have never been a huge talker. I carry on an inner monologue,
    but the words often don't reach my lips.

- The worst feeling: when you just have to wait and prepare yourself for the lie.

- My parents are worried, of course, but how can I feel sorry for them,
   since they made me this way and then deserted me

- Everywhere I go is the river. I'm following it or it's following me.

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

-Aliya- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
"love is keeping the promise anyway"

"i'm on a rollercoaster that only goes up"

"i fell in love the way you fall asleep. Slowly and then all at once"

"the world is not a wish granting factory"

"the pleasure of remembering had been taken from me, because there was no longer anyone to remember with. It felt like losing your co-rememberer meant losing the memory in itself,..."

- The Faults In Our Stars

there are too many precious quotes in this book. definitely worth reading.
Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
if my heart could beat, it would beat for you..
valley of silence, Nora Roberts
Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
double postEdited by anu rulz - 11 years ago
helenayoo thumbnail
 'Sometimes the dreams that come true are the dreams you never even knew you had."

Lovely Bones
alexxa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

"You take a different view of your actions when you come to understand, when you are made to understand every day that your existence is necessary - you see, absolutely necessary - to another person."

"And a word carries far-very far-deals destruction through time as the bullets go flying through space." 

"Lord Jim"-Joseph Conrad