Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Almas. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: -Mystery-

Some of my favorite quotes from my most favorite book - The Last Lecture:

"The brick walls are there for a reason. They're not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something... If you want something bad enough, never give up (and take a boost when offered).  Brick walls are there for a reason. And once you get over them-even if someone has practically had to throw you over- it can be helpful to others to tell them how you did it."

"No matter how bad things are,you can always make things worse. At the same time, it is often within your power to make them better."

"Too many people go through life complaining about their problems. I've always believed that if you took one-tenth of the energy you put into complaining and applied it to solving the problem, you'd be surprised by how well things can work out... Complaining cannot work as a strategy. We all have finite time and energy. Any time we spend whining is unlikely to help us achieve our goals. And it won't make us happier."

"If you wait long enough, people will surprise and impress you. When you're frustrated with people, when they've made you angry, it just maybe because you haven't given them enough time. Jon warned me that sometimes this took great patience - even years. But in the end, people will show you their good side. Almost everybody has a good side. Just keep waiting. It will come out."

"My colleague told me: It took me a long time, but I've finally figured it out. When it comes to men who are romantically interested in you, it's really simple. Just ignore everything they say and only pay attention to what they do."

"It's not how hard you hit. It's how hard you get hit... and keep moving forward."

"Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other."

"Apologies are not pass/fail. I always told my students: When giving an apology, any performance lower than an A really doesn't cut it. Half hearted or insincere apologies are often worse than not apologizing at all because recipients find them insulting... A good apology is like an antibiotic; a bad apology is like rubbing salt in the wound.

"It's not about how to achieve your dreams. It's about how to lead your life. If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you."

awesome lines..love all d quotes..awesome book
aishwaryagayen thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
"But love, I've come to understand, is more than three words mumbled before bedtime. Love is sustained by action, a pattern of devotion in the things we do for each other every day." 

I came to the conclusion that unrealized hopes, even small ones, were always wrenching." 

Nicholas Sparks, The Wedding

Edited by aishwaryagayen - 10 years ago
aishwaryagayen thumbnail
"And the air was full of Thoughts and Things to Say. But at times like these, only the Small Things are ever said. Big Things lurk unsaid inside." 
 Arundhati RoyThe God of Small Things
aishwaryagayen thumbnail
"If he touched her, he couldn't talk to her, if he loved her he couldn't leave, if he spoke he couldn't listen, if he fought he couldn't win." 

"Little events, ordinary things, smashed and reconstituted. Suddenly, they become the bleached bones of a story." 
aishwaryagayen thumbnail
"And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." 
 Paulo CoelhoThe Alchemist

"It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting." 
 Paulo CoelhoAlchemist

"One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving." 
Paulo CoelhoThe Alchemist
aishwaryagayen thumbnail
"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter." 
Paulo CoelhoVeronika Decides to Die
aishwaryagayen thumbnail
"she died.i survived
because i survived.i die everyday." 
Ravinder SinghI Too Had A Love Story..
aishwaryagayen thumbnail
"While I sleep, I dream of you, and when I wake, I long to hold you in my arms. If anything, our time apart has only made me more certain that I want to spend my nights by your side, and my days with your heart." 
 Nicholas SparksNights in Rodanthe
aishwaryagayen thumbnail
"Shoot for the moon, even if you fail, you'll land among the stars" 
Cecelia AhernP.S. I Love You
aishwaryagayen thumbnail
"I'm a woman. I have a right to change my mind."