|| HD Articles Archive ||

Posted: 12 years ago

Please post all articles related to Hitler Didi here

Thank You

"It is difficult to keep a straight face"- Rati Pandey

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 | 6:15:38 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    804 Comments
"It is difficult to keep a straight face"- Rati Pandey

TellyBuzz in conversation with Rati Pandey on her new show on Zee TV Hitler Didi...

The promos of Zee TV's upcoming show Hitler Didi have already hit the screens and look extremely appealing. Viewers are indeed shocked to see Rati Pandey who portrayed the happy go lucky Nupur on Star One's Miley Jab Hum Tum in a diametrically opposite avatar. Well, when we had a conversation with the actress she confessed that it was difficult even for her to portray the same. 

Read on...

Can you describe your character in Hitler Didi?
I play Indira in Hitler Didi. She is a strong headed girl who has emotions but never shows it to anyone including her family. She does not like working but she works just to take care of the family and also because she believes that if she goes early in the office she will get the bonus for it. She is the bread winner of the family. Her most important trait is that she hates men. And if they do anything wrong, she just slaps them and walks off as if nothing happened. There is no tension in her life at all as she is the boss. She has a good relation with everyone but at the same time she is very blunt and tells everything on their face if anything is wrong. And the interesting thing is that when she openly says anything, nobody feels bad. This is because they know that she is right and have given her the status of a Hitler.

Is it difficult to portray the character?
It is very difficult to portray the character because I am a person who is always smiling and this will not be seen in the show. It is very difficult to have a straight face and we categorize the character as a blank character with no expressions. Being a dedicated and sincere artiste that I am, I'm trying my best to convince my audience. I am trying very hard to bring to you the character just like how you saw the character of Nupur.

Have you ever seen such people around?
I have seen people who are strict but I haven't seen anybody who has not smiled or laughed even once in a day. But you can connect the character with every person you see around you, like your father or your elder brother. You can actually take the traits from them and apply it here.

Is your character inspired from Kajol's character from Hum Apke Dil Mein Rehtein Hain wherein she was also the only bread winner in the family?
Just because the character is the only bread earner in the family does not mean that it is inspired from any movie. Such a character can be related to anyone you know. Indira does not care for herself as she does everything for her family.

How is Hitler Didi's rapport with Rishi (Sumit Vats)?
Rishi is the character in the show who is not really scared of Didi and he can actually sometimes make her short of words. He is the only one who wishes her for her birthday as the others are scared of her. He is the fun element on the show. And you never know if Hitler might change because of him and you might also see Hitler Didi laughing that will make the whole of Delhi stun.

You have been shooting in Delhi. How is the experience shooting there?
It has been very interesting and there have been a lot of eve teasing also happening with people passing comments and all that. But now I am immune to it and I push along while walking. It is very difficult to shoot in places like Chandni Chowk which are highly crowded. The food is amazing out there and sometimes we catch up and hog whenever we get a break.

What took you so long to come back to fiction?
Actually I did not want to take up anything soon after doing a character and it was actually good that I did not take up anything.  I have been sitting and observing things and I was getting offers, not that I wasn't. But I was worried if I would end up in the same Saas Bahu Saga which I did not want to do. It has been a good break wherein I did a reality show and I had a great experience. Actually I left a show to take up this show (I will not tell which show). Nupur was a popular character and it took really long for people to take it out of their minds. That's why I wanted to portray this one because the character is a total contrast.

Will you be able to convince the audience as Hitler Didi?
Yes, definitely because if I can convince the audience by being Nupur, I am confident that I can do it as Hitler Didi

What is the reason for Indira to become like this?
There is a reason behind it and it will be revealed as the story unfolds.

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/starry-takes/10617-i-am-disheartened-with-what-is-shown-on-tv-ila-bedi-dutt.htm

"I am disheartened with what is shown on TV" - Ila Bedi Dutt

Sunday, November 06, 2011 | 7:44:55 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)     "I am disheartened with what is shown on TV" - Ila Bedi Dutt

Ila Bedi Dutta, a writer turn producer talks exclusively with Tellybuzz...

Coming from a family full of creative thinkers it came as a no surprise when Ila Bedi Dutta decided to don the hat of a producer. After writing varied shows like Mehendi Tere Naam Ki, Des Mein Nikla Hoga Chaand and Veer Shivaji she now brings to you her maiden show Hitler Didi made under her banner Trilogy Krikos Ltd. This much talked about show has indeed been a dream come true project for her. With such a promising cast and strong script in place, there is no looking back for the producer. She opens up to Tellybuzz and shares her overall experience of setting up her 'baby'...

What made you switch to a producer after writing various hit dailies?
Oh! It was my dream to be a producer one day as I have come from makers back ground. And I have wanting to do it for the longest time as I am always writing for other production houses, so always wanting my own production where your vision as a producer is taken forward was something I know has to happen. I have got this opportunity from the Zee team to give me a platform and trusting me to come up with a new show on their channel. To sum it up, it feels very empowering.

Can you throw some light on your previous projects that you undertook as a writer?
I started with Zee with Mehendi Tere Naam Ki, then Saara Akaash, Mili, Des Mein Nikla Hoga Chaand and the last show which I did was Ek Veer Stri Ki Kahaani Jhansi Ki Rani; then there was Veer Shivaji but I left it in the midst as I had to start up with Hitler Didi and now I have completely dedicated my time to Hitler Didi.

So do you think your family backdrop influenced your decision to be a producer?
My father, grandfather all of them are producers in the industry some turning a producer was something like carrying the legacy forward.

Now that you are a part of this competitive bandwagon, any threats?
Oh, definitely I want my production house to be on number one position. I would love to pitch more shows for sure but one thing I want to do is not follow the trends like something which relates the audience. Not something which is drama, I would love if the audience identifies the same with themselves. So there are chances that I might not be successful with this trend but I am definitely not going to follow trends. And I think with the strong cast I am sure the show will be a success.

What is the USP of the show according to you?
I think there should be some relativity of the audience to the show as I said before. For example the character of Hitler Didi which is essayed by Rati Pandey, I am sure the audience will notice and say that they have encountered such a character somewhere around them. I find today's television has those characters of fantasy, filled with drama which do not happen in our day to day life. So I want to do something which has a slice of life, which is real and connects the audience.

Rumour has it that the character of Hitler Didi resembles you in real life?
(Laughs) Yeah! I think there is a Hitler Didi in everyone because when you are working women, when you know that you have to go outside and you have to work and along with that you have to look after your house and juggle between life and work, you turn your gestures and the way you behave outside. Actually the character is pretty much today. And you have to deal with it, go and get what you want.

What are your expectations from this show, being you're first?
I expect that the show connects the audience at the first place and it starts appealing to them. They should be motivated to switch on their TV sets and watch the show because it's totally different, a slice of life about a struggle of a women between her family and her own life so I hope the audience likes and watch the show.

...And the cast? It is very promising.
The casting is promising; I agree and on the same note their delivery more than what I have written is expected from them. So I would like to tell everyone to continue their hard work and then surely we will reach our destination. Rati is a strong actress and that's the reason why she has been given Hitler Didi's part to play. I would say I have my dream team to work with and they have taken the script to another lever with their performances. And hope this magic continues...

Which shows do you generally watch on television?
No, I don't watch anything on television because I am very disheartened with what is shown on the television and you know what is shown on TV is something very different from reality. If you say what is happening in this show and which character is entering in any particular show doesn't excite me. I am a creative person.

Any more ventures from Trilogy in the pipeline?
Yes, we are working on another show on another channel, we will reveal more on it when the time comes. And also we will be taking concepts to other channels but right now Hitler Didi is my first venture and I am concentrating on the same.
Links of some Articles tht we got soo far

Hitler Didi cast floored by Delhi's Giving spirit

Tvmasala's - Girl who forgot to smile

Rati pandey's Band Baaja baraat Moment

Rati Pandey straightens a pervert with a tight smile

Amar ujala's Hitler didi "Hitler didi will b displayed on small screen

DNA- Tv Actress Rati pandey on a Roll

India forums - TV Actress Rati pandey goes bubby to serious

Indiya.com- Rati pandey becomes hitler on small screen

TOI- Delhi is industry's new muse

IM NOT INSECURE 

Telly star Rati Pandey on her emphatic comeback on TV and more...

Amrita Mulchandani 

Intelligent and sorted,actor Rati Pandey is one of those actors who weaves a magic wand of charm around her wherever she goes.And the shutterbug simply loves her.This talented girl with an uber cool attitude has won many telly viewers hearts with her commendable performances.Rati has created a niche for herself as an actor with much promise as Nupur in the show Miley Jab Hum Tum.Now,the actor is all set to hog the limelight again as she plays a formidable Indira in the show Hitler Didi.Experts from the interview: 

From playing a happy-go-lucky character to a strict one.Did you deliberately choose a character that was different from your past show 

I am very fortunate to have bagged this role.It was definitely a deliberate choice.I had another show in hand,but decided to go ahead with Hitler Didi as I thought it will help me with an image makeover a different image as compared to my onscreen character Nupur in Miley... This is a very challenging role for me.All the while,I was scared that I might get a role of a bahu in some saas-bahu show.This is a Delhi based show where the character shows no emotions because of one bad incident when she was 18.Indira hates men and can do anything to stand for herself.

Your character Nupur created a lot of 

buzz (she was called back on her previous show).Do you think Indira will also become equally popular 

I dont know about TRPs,but I am sure my character will rock.The character of Indira is one of its kind.Something like this hasnt been shown on television yet.I play a strict girl who never smiles,which is very difficult for me to do in real life.I am a very jovial and fun loving girl.

One lead character in a show after the other;very few actors get lucky.Do you consider yourself lucky 

I am not lucky for myself.I am lucky for others.I didnt want to be seen too frequently on the small screen.Thats why I never did cameos that were offered to me.Confidence and positive attitude are my forte.TV actors are insecure but I am not when it comes to career aspects.My parents supported me completely when I was on a break and that has what worked for me.

You leave a prominent mark in the minds of the audience.What do you think really works for you 

I get into the skin of the character.I dont feel I am Rati when I play any character.I am always nervous when I face the camera.I dont act I rather convince the audience well.Guess that works the best for me.

You did a film down South.Any plans to spread your wings in Bollywood too 

I did a film down South called Student.If TV exhausts me,I will go ahead and do another film down South.But as of now my schedule does not permit me to think about it.If I get an offer from a good banner,I will do a Bollywood film.If someone thinks I am a deserving actor,I am sure he/she will offer me a film.

Rati Pandey back with Hitler Didi
Rati Pandey, who shot to fame with her bubbly and cute character Nupur Bhushan from STAR One's Miley Jab Hum Tum, is ready with her new show. Her fans will see a different side of Rati as she plays a strong, dynamic character in Zee TV's latest prime time offering Hitler Didi. Rati speaks with us about her new innings, character and more. 

What urged you to do this show?
The uniqueness of the character & the story line were primary reasons. I wanted to do something different after Miley Jab Hum Tum. I had to wait for 9 months to get a good role. I am confident that Hitler Didi will be loved by audiences.

Tell us something about your character 'Hitler Didi?
I play the character of Indira Sharma, who is rather stoic, serious and has forgotten the joy of living, smiling, dreaming and loving. She loves her family and is the sole bread earner of her family. But she hates her father who deserted them to be with another woman. She is inexpressive and has no tension in life. She is a big problem for her family which is why they call her Hitler Didi.

PS- Gave the links Randomly...not in the order of Dates of getting thm

Edited by set_raj - 12 years ago
Some Links i came across

Shabnam Sayed in HD

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/10608-shabnam-sayed-in-hitler-didi.htm

hitlerdidi not about dhoklas and saasbahu ronadhonas-  ratipandey

Edited by set_raj - 12 years ago

Rati Pandey and Sumit Vats approached for Zee TV's next

Thursday, September 15, 2011 | 3:20:12 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)     Rati Pandey and Sumit Vats approached for Zee TV's next

Trilogy Krikoi production roping in big names for their project...

A couple of days ago, Tellybuzz exclusively reported about Ila Bedi Dutta producing a show for Zee TV under her company Trilogy Krikoi. To add to the buzz, we have scooped out some information regarding the expected title and the cast which are being considered for the show.

A little birdie from the industry informs, "The show focuses on the struggles of a working girl who handles her family and her profession together, and the show is tentatively titled as Hitler Didi."

We also hear that Rati Pandey of Jee Le Ye Pal fame and Sumit Vats who was last seen on Colors' Mukti Bandhan are approached to play the leads on the show.

While Rati Pandey remained unavailable, Sumit Vats positively asserts, "At the moment, talks are on for the role but nothing has been confirmed by the channel."

We affirm that the audience will be more than happy to see their very own Rati Pandey back on screen as Hitler Didi…

Hitler Didi is not about dhoklas and saas-bahu rona dhonas : Rati Pandey

Make font size smaller Make font size default Make font size larger
Rati Pandey

Rati Pandey rose to fame with the spirited portrayal of Nupur in Star One's Miley Jab Hum Tum. The affable actress is back again to storm the small screen as the serious and severe Hitler Didi. Promos of Rati Pandey's new show Hitler Didi has already managed to hit the headlines and it is all set to go on air tonight, November 7 2011.

Rati talks at length on Hitler Didi, her shooting experience in dilwalon ka sheher Delhi and future plans. Excerpts:

Will you be known as the 'angry young woman' of the TV industry after Hitler Didi?

No, I don't really think so (laughs). I played Nupur in Miley Jab Hum Tum and people till date call me Nupur instead of Rati. Furthermore, since the promos of Hitler Didi have hit the screens everyone has now started calling me Hitler. So the transition from Nupur to Hitler was a difficult one. But I am glad that I am in the right frame of mind currently to do justice to my character.

Why such a long gap after Miley Jab Hum Tum? Was it a conscious decision to stay away from the small screen?

No, it's not like that. I was waiting for a good show and a good script. I didn't want to act in a regular saas-bahu rona dhona serial. I was to be seen in another show prior to Hitler Didi but decided to opt out after hearing my role in Hitler. Please don't ask me the name of the show which I quit. All I can say is that for the first time someone will see such a strong character like Indira in Hitler Didi. Furthermore, after Miley' I did participate in Jee Le Yeh Pal but I don't consider it as my comeback.

Go on'

My character's name is Indira. She is a very strong headed and outspoken girl. She has to work in order to take care of her family. She reaches office on time everyday to earn a bonus of Rs 2500. She is very close to her family but hates men. I can't reveal any further but I think I am fortunate enough to bag this role.

How difficult was it to portray the character?

It was very difficult. Indira is very different from Rati. Rati smiles all the rime but Indira is serious. But as a professional I will do my best to suit my character and make sure that TV viewers appreciate my work.

The show is based in Delhi. How's the experience shooting there?

Wonderful! We have shot at some of the most crowded locations like Chandni Chowk, Nawab Ganj, and others. It gets difficult to deliver dialogues at times with so many people and such high degree of noise around. But the worst part is people eve-teasing and passing comments. We shot with hidden cameras in bags to avoid getting noticed. One such sequence is the Railway Station scene in the show. Overall, we are having great fun and the food is amazing.

The show is called Hitler Didi. What is the hero's role in the show?

The hero, Sumit Vats, will basically try to add some colour in my life. He will make me realise that life is not only about rules, strictness and responsibilities. He will try to bring smile to my lips.

It has been seen that in the TV industry storyline of a show changes with its progression. Will Hiler Didi meet the same fate?

I don't think that will happen with our show. You will get to see different elements on Hitler Didi each time you turn on the TV. In a saas-bahu soap, the episode starts with a track on dhokla and it gets stretched for a week on the same thing. You will not see this happening in Hitler Didi. Viewers can relate to the show and its characters. I am positive about its response.

Producer of the show Rohit Bedi dedicated the character of Hitler Didi to his sister and co-producer-writer Ila Bedi. Your comments'

My writer-producer Ila keeps complimenting me. May be she is seeing her real life persona in Indira (laughs). But I have no idea if she is Hitler Didi in real life.

How has the initial response been after the promos hit the airwaves?

So far I have received good response. As I mentioned, people have started calling me Hitler Didi and I am glad about it.

Is your role inspired from Kajol's character in the movie Hum AapKe Dil Mein Rehte Hain?

That's something new to me. I don't think there is any similarity at all.

There are rumours that you fought with people on the sets to get into the skin of the character?

No, not at all. Main itni bhi pagal nahi hoon (laughs). This is not my style of working. I like to spend time alone before enacting a serious scene but when it comes to comic scenes I like to joke around with people on the sets.

In your real life, have you ever beaten up someone who misbehaved with you?

Ye abhi ki baat hai' It happened while we were shooting at Chandni Chowk during night. I was doing my make up when a stranger purposely pushed me. I caught hold the man by his collar and pushed him.

Miley Jab Hum Tum is still gaining numbers in its repeat telecast? Your comments'

I am overwhelmed, as I don't believe in TRPs or awards. It's the love of my fans that keeps me going. You feel good when you learn that there are people who love and pray for you.

Is it Hitlergiri next after Munnabhai's Gandhigiri?

Bilkul. I think Hitlergiri will beat Gandhigiri.

Will fans see you on the celluloid screen in the future?

Arre koi toh de offer (laughs). I don't mind being part of a film if the role is credible enough.

dunno if these 2 are postd r nt...checkd in forum but dint find..sory if dey r already posted coz dese r v v old ones...just thot 2 share it

The Hero turned Location Scout-cum-Tourist Guide for the cast of Hitler Didi

Fresh-face, chocolate hero Sumit Vats who plays the male lead opposite the talented Rati Pandey in Zee TV's upcoming primetime show Hitler Didi had a rather interesting twin-profile during the show's outdoor shoot in Delhi. While Sumit got into the garb of his character Rishi by the day, serenading and wooing Rati's character Indira, he was busy moon-lighting as the show's location scout by the night.

With Sumit having spent all his childhood days and his college years in Delhi, he once told producer Ila Bedi Dutta that he knows every nook and cranny of the city. That very moment, Ila asked him to double up as the location co-ordinator for the Delhi schedule and help procure permissions to shoot at suitable hot spots in the city.

Not only did Sumit assist the crew with locations within Delhi, he is said to have literally taken the cast and crew of Hitler Didi on a guided tour of the city on their days off. From showing them around India Gate, Qutub Minar and Lal Qila to letting them shop their heart out at Khan Market, Janpath and Connaught Place to giving them a taste of Delhi's most mouth-watering delicacies at Nirula's, Nathu's, Delhi Haat, Bengali Market, Lajpat Nagar, Defence Colony…this boy did it all!

"I love Delhi as I've grown up here, spent my college years here. I have so many memories attached to practically every little bylane of the city. So it was a joy to show all my co-stars a good time exploring the city and sharing so many anecdotes from my life!" said Sumit.

From the sound of it, Sumit seems to be just like his character Rishi on the show, bringing a smile to everyone's faces wherever he goes!

------------------------

Dum biryani and Kababs for Hitler Didi's Cast

Guess who's been at the receiving end of Delhi's warm, generous spirit! The crew of Zee TV's upcoming primetime show Hitler Didi certainly speaks very fondly of the capital city and their experiences with the natives there.

With a large schedule of the show being shot at the famous Chandni Chowk, the local residents there took it upon themselves to treat the cast and crew of Hitler Didi to a daily fare of mouth watering 'Dum biryani' and 'Kababs'. The entire unit found themselves eagerly awaiting lunchtime daily so that they could savour some more of the large variety of delicacies the locals would spread before them!

As if this weren't good enough, when the residents overheard the production crew discussing roadblocks in acquiring furniture that had an authentic middle-class Delhi feel, they offered to let the crew use their own furniture for the shoot. So, while other shows feature custom-made furniture, viewers will see authentic furniture from the local residences of Chandni Chowk!

Actor Rati Pandey who plays the title role said, "Whoever coined the term 'Dilwaalon Ki Dilli' has certainly got their facts right. We were bowled over by the giving nature of all the Delhi citizens we encountered in the course of our shoot schedule! They made our stay and work out there an absolute pleasure!" Now that is truly what we call the joy of giving!

Hitler Didi on Zee TV is also slowly picking up momentum with a TRP rating of 2.42 this week. Hope the mystery surrounding the character of Rishi and his love towards Indira enthralls the viewers in the upcoming episodes.

link : http://www.rangmunch.tv/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=106:top-ten-shows-of-the-week&Itemid=544

Edited by ramusk - 12 years ago

Indira dons new avatar for Rishi in Hitler Didi!

Indira dons new avatar for Rishi in Hitler Didi!

With Valentine's Day around the corner, cupid finally strikes in the show...

In Zee TV's Hitler Didi, the audience will soon see the very strict, never smiling and the so-called Hitler Didi, donning a new avatar. For the first time in the show, she would be dressed up as a typical girl, leaving her frowning face aside.

A source informs, "To show Rishi (Sumit Vats), that even she can dress and behave like a typical girl, Indira wears a salwar kameez, leaving her outdated Kurti aside along with a new hair style,she proves to Rishi that she can also don this avatar."

We also hear that Indira would soon confess her love towards Rishi and that too in a different way. She scolds, slaps and then confesses her love for him.

We contacted Rati Pandey who confirmed, "Yes, Indira would be in a new avatar but only for one or two episodes so that she can prove herself right in front of Rishi, that even she can behave like a normal girl."

When asked about confessing, she says, "It's too early for me to comment on this."

Be glued to see your Hitler Didi in a new avatar!

Reporter:Tejashree Bhopatkar
Author:Sharat Kumar