Hitler Didi is not about dhoklas : Rati Pandey

style14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

Hitler Didi is not about dhoklas and saas-bahu rona dhonas : Rati Pandey

Make font size smaller Make font size default Make font size larger
Rati Pandey

Rati Pandey rose to fame with the spirited portrayal of Nupur in Star One's Miley Jab Hum Tum. The affable actress is back again to storm the small screen as the serious and severe Hitler Didi. Promos of Rati Pandey's new show Hitler Didi has already managed to hit the headlines and it is all set to go on air tonight, November 7 2011.

Rati talks at length on Hitler Didi, her shooting experience in dilwalon ka sheher Delhi and future plans. Excerpts:

Will you be known as the 'angry young woman' of the TV industry after Hitler Didi?

No, I don't really think so (laughs). I played Nupur in Miley Jab Hum Tum and people till date call me Nupur instead of Rati. Furthermore, since the promos of Hitler Didi have hit the screens everyone has now started calling me Hitler. So the transition from Nupur to Hitler was a difficult one. But I am glad that I am in the right frame of mind currently to do justice to my character.

Why such a long gap after Miley Jab Hum Tum? Was it a conscious decision to stay away from the small screen?

No, it's not like that. I was waiting for a good show and a good script. I didn't want to act in a regular saas-bahu rona dhona serial. I was to be seen in another show prior to Hitler Didi but decided to opt out after hearing my role in Hitler. Please don't ask me the name of the show which I quit. All I can say is that for the first time someone will see such a strong character like Indira in Hitler Didi. Furthermore, after Miley' I did participate in Jee Le Yeh Pal but I don't consider it as my comeback.

Go on'

My character's name is Indira. She is a very strong headed and outspoken girl. She has to work in order to take care of her family. She reaches office on time everyday to earn a bonus of Rs 2500. She is very close to her family but hates men. I can't reveal any further but I think I am fortunate enough to bag this role.

How difficult was it to portray the character?

It was very difficult. Indira is very different from Rati. Rati smiles all the rime but Indira is serious. But as a professional I will do my best to suit my character and make sure that TV viewers appreciate my work.

The show is based in Delhi. How's the experience shooting there?

Wonderful! We have shot at some of the most crowded locations like Chandni Chowk, Nawab Ganj, and others. It gets difficult to deliver dialogues at times with so many people and such high degree of noise around. But the worst part is people eve-teasing and passing comments. We shot with hidden cameras in bags to avoid getting noticed. One such sequence is the Railway Station scene in the show. Overall, we are having great fun and the food is amazing.

The show is called Hitler Didi. What is the hero's role in the show?

The hero, Sumit Vats, will basically try to add some colour in my life. He will make me realise that life is not only about rules, strictness and responsibilities. He will try to bring smile to my lips.

It has been seen that in the TV industry storyline of a show changes with its progression. Will Hiler Didi meet the same fate?

I don't think that will happen with our show. You will get to see different elements on Hitler Didi each time you turn on the TV. In a saas-bahu soap, the episode starts with a track on dhokla and it gets stretched for a week on the same thing. You will not see this happening in Hitler Didi. Viewers can relate to the show and its characters. I am positive about its response.

Producer of the show Rohit Bedi dedicated the character of Hitler Didi to his sister and co-producer-writer Ila Bedi. Your comments'

My writer-producer Ila keeps complimenting me. May be she is seeing her real life persona in Indira (laughs). But I have no idea if she is Hitler Didi in real life.

How has the initial response been after the promos hit the airwaves?

So far I have received good response. As I mentioned, people have started calling me Hitler Didi and I am glad about it.

Is your role inspired from Kajol's character in the movie Hum AapKe Dil Mein Rehte Hain?

That's something new to me. I don't think there is any similarity at all.

There are rumours that you fought with people on the sets to get into the skin of the character?

No, not at all. Main itni bhi pagal nahi hoon (laughs). This is not my style of working. I like to spend time alone before enacting a serious scene but when it comes to comic scenes I like to joke around with people on the sets.

In your real life, have you ever beaten up someone who misbehaved with you?

Ye abhi ki baat hai' It happened while we were shooting at Chandni Chowk during night. I was doing my make up when a stranger purposely pushed me. I caught hold the man by his collar and pushed him.

Miley Jab Hum Tum is still gaining numbers in its repeat telecast? Your comments'

I am overwhelmed, as I don't believe in TRPs or awards. It's the love of my fans that keeps me going. You feel good when you learn that there are people who love and pray for you.

Is it Hitlergiri next after Munnabhai's Gandhigiri?

Bilkul. I think Hitlergiri will beat Gandhigiri.

Will fans see you on the celluloid screen in the future?

Arre koi toh de offer (laughs). I don't mind being part of a film if the role is credible enough.

Edited by style14 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Silent.Dreamer thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Simply loved all her answers, Thnx for sharing.
anu17 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Rati is superb in this character...Rock HD...
RP love reading your interview.. No If , No but.. Seedha To The Point..

Watched first episode.. Auwsome Start...Loved ur expression,your choice is indeed the best
-aishuu- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
OMG! she's an angel. I love u Rati ❤️
Thats Rati pandey😃Love U
Faria. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
wow amazng article
loved her answers
GOD bless rati

-Rinky- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Wonderful answers rati...and yes i remember akshara making kheer for god knows a zillion years on yeh rishta kya kehlata hai...😆

and yes people have alreday calling her HD...we can see that on her blog...she is a gem...hope HD does well...
WAZME thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanks for sharing i love her and love her answers
..Roopal.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
thanks for sharing
love u rati di