Debate Mansion

Offensive drawing of prohphet muhhammad - Page 2

samie thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
i agree wid all muslims obviously as i am a muslim but also my non muslim frenz think it is disrespectable 2 as well as it bein an attack 2 our religion. i have seen the pictures n find them revoltin as the way they protrayed the prophet s.a.w is disgustin n i hope they all rot in hell (mind my freedom of speech pls)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweet freedom thumbnail
that is very disrespectful, its not fair..they should apologise
sweet freedom thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Dementrus

You guys crack me up, ever heard about free speech? The cartoon was not meant to be disrespectfull or even if it was whats the big deal? there is no point making such a mess about it, I mean media makes fun of Jesus all the time. Infact Jesus is the guy who gets most picked on. Muslims just take their religeon way to seriously. And the newspaper has already apologized.

By the way the gates are now open have a look at this website http://www.drawmohammed.com/ what are muslims gonna do about it? Block the internet?

ppl feel bad wen they do it about jesus, u might not do, but some ppl do, so if they do, why shouldnt we...yes, we take our religion seriously, and we should, wots wrong with that...i know christians and hindus who also take there religion very seriosly, because us ppl find our religion very special to us

The cartoon was not meant to be disrespectfull or even if it was whats the big deal?

it might not be a big deal to u, but anyone who loves there religion would find something like that (to do with their religion) very disrespectful

sweet freedom thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: sowmyaa

Dementrus we are not having competition whether who offends what God more or less. It is about hurting people's feelings. And people do take it seriously when someone else who does not belive their God try to mock about it. Like if Jesus Christ was cartooned and potrayed funny in Pakistan News Paper do you think Christians would like it? But same thing was done by chirstian in US or UK then it would 've been considered funny maybe. What I am saying is when people from other believe point fingre at something they don't believe it becomes hurtfull for opposite party. And just because you show disrespect to "your" God does not mean you get right to disrespect some elses belif.

i totally agree with u

sweet freedom thumbnail

*******edited***** what are muslims gonna do about it? Block the internet? 

that site is a disgusting, and racist site...if yr not a muslim (this is to everyone) go on this site, and imagine those pictures being of yr god or someone special to yr religion, and then tell me how u feelšŸ¤¢

Edited by Aparna_BD - 18 years ago
Aparna_BD thumbnail

You guys crack me up, ever heard about free speech? The cartoon was not meant to be disrespectfull or even if it was whats the big deal? there is no point making such a mess about it, I mean media makes fun of Jesus all the time. Infact Jesus is the guy who gets most picked on. Muslims just take their religeon way to seriously. And the newspaper has already apologized.

By the way the gates are now open have a look at this website *****edited*****what are muslims gonna do about it? Block the internet?

Dementrus , imagine seeing a picture of your father/Mother  being potrayed as a terrorist by a stranger .Most  people take Religon & Patriotism as seriously as they take respect for their own parents .

Edited by Aparna_BD - 18 years ago
punk princess thumbnail
i believe in freedom of speech but u must consider other ppl's feelings.

we (muslims) found it offensive because wen it first came around. makkah was surrounded by 360 idols, the prophet muhammad (peace be upon him) was told by Allah to 2 get rid if them (NO OFFENCE TO ANY HINDUS OUT THERE)thats why drawing pictures of ppl or prophet muhammad (peace be upon him)iz very offensive. i guess ppl like dementrus woudn't understand

ppl from any religon wud be offended if the founder and leader of their own religon was displaced as terrorist.

as long az the ppl responsible apologize then i'm fine.         & nbsp;    Edited by punk princess - 18 years ago
Dementrus thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: goth princess

that site is a disgusting, and racist site...if yr not a muslim (this is to everyone) go on this site, and imagine those pictures being of yr god or someone special to yr religion, and then tell me how u feelšŸ¤¢

Muslims are not a race I know thats site is offensive and clearly in bad taste. My point with posting that site was that people making a big deal out of the incident has brought attention to this issue and people are now definately going to make more drawings. It was not to offend anyone

Edited by Dementrus - 18 years ago
Dementrus thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sowmyaa

Dementrus we are not having competition whether who offends what God more or less. It is about hurting people's feelings. And people do take it seriously when someone else who does not belive their God try to mock about it. Like if Jesus Christ was cartooned and potrayed funny in Pakistan News Paper do you think Christians would like it? But same thing was done by chirstian in US or UK then it would 've been considered funny maybe. What I am saying is when people from other believe point fingre at something they don't believe it becomes hurtfull for opposite party. And just because you show disrespect to "your" God does not mean you get right to disrespect some elses belif.

My point with bringing up Jesus was that if these countries donot respect their own god how can expect them to pay respect to your god? Just watch South Park some day its an American show and look how disrespectful they are to their own religeon. This incident is nothing compared to some South Park episodes
Dementrus thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: punk princess

i believe in freedom of speech but u must consider other ppl's feelings.

we (muslims) found it offensive because wen it first came around. makkah was surrounded by 360 idols, the prophet muhammad (peace be upon him) was told by Allah to 2 get rid if them (NO OFFENCE TO ANY HINDUS OUT THERE)thats why drawing pictures of ppl or prophet muhammad (peace be upon him)iz very offensive. i guess ppl like dementrus woudn't understand

I do understandšŸ˜Š, and I doubt those danish newspapers knew that muslims are so against idolarity and drawing pictures of mohammed, how are they expected to know about the customs of a religeon with which they are not at all familiar?

as long az the ppl responsible apologize then i'm fine.         & amp; nbsp;

The newspaper did apologize