Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SuperDuper01 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Exactly they really hav lost respect for others in the name of freedom. May God bless them and show them the right path , that iz wht we can say at thiz moment.............they wont apolo. as we can see them how they r talking 😭
Aparna_BD thumbnail
Originally posted by: T.

I just read this in the BBC. Pasting an excerpt from the article

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4672642.stm

"The paper had apologised a day earlier for causing offence to Muslims, although it maintained it was legal under Danish law to print them.

Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen welcomed the paper's apology, but has rejected calls to punish the paper, saying the government cannot censor the press."

The newspaper has APOLOGISED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now the recent events where Danish , Swedish Embasies are being set on fire , isn't this violence behavior wrong too ? Must every thing be solved through Violence ?????? Is that the only way to punish people .

Another thing , there was a private Danish Company that did business in Saudi , just after the offensive picture was published the sales of this company fell to zero . Although punishing the Danish Company for the Danish Paper's fault is wrong . One still can justify a protest of this sort .Its a non - violent protest through boycott !!!!!!!!

I personally respect the Gandhian Values of peace and protest !!

What do you say ?

Eijoo''s_Angel thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aparna_BD

Its 100% offensive and disrespectfull . Freedom of expression / speach is great , but this goes beyond that !!

I was reminded of that novel i once mentioned in this section it had a Hindu God Shiv ji wearing sunglasses and looking foolish . Although that was disresptfull , but this picture with the Prohpet Muhammad holding a bomb is sick .

i totally agree!deres a limit to everything and dese days ppl need to respect sum1s religion or culture!they'll burn in hell!

hydrogurl001 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
😡 😡 its very offensive 😡 😡
they can't be doing that and more of all, its a religon of plenty of people, we don't discriminate their religon, so they shouldn't do it to ours 😡
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
yea Aparna di...thts wrong...wat was done was by no means "good" or even "acceptable" but atleast the people apologized...firing places is not the proper form of retaliation...now the danish will do sumthng 2 get even 4 tht and thn the muslims will retali8 and it will go on 4eva...not gud...both sides need 2 stop and 4get abt it and not do nething of tht sort eva again...and yea..y is violence the "solution" to all probz...wen infact it is the "cause" of all probs
sameer.84 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i wonder how denmark in particular and europe in general would have reacted if the 'muslim community' might have shown their national heroes walking without clothes or drinking human blood!!
SuperDuper01 thumbnail
They would have definitely attacked on us with atom Bombs
Aparna_BD thumbnail
Originally posted by: Aparna_BD

The newspaper has APOLOGISED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now the recent events where Danish , Swedish Embasies are being set on fire , isn't this violence behavior wrong too ? Must every thing be solved through Violence ?????? Is that the only way to punish people .

Another thing , there was a private Danish Company that did business in Saudi , just after the offensive picture was published the sales of this company fell to zero . Although punishing the Danish Company for the Danish Paper's fault is wrong . One still can justify a protest of this sort .Its a non - violent protest through boycott !!!!!!!!

I personally respect the Gandhian Values of peace and protest !!

What do you say ?

I am watching CNN late edition with Wolf Blitzer currently and the Saudi Ambassador to Denmark is being interviewed . I am horrified to see when they showed pictures of Jewish people drinking blood , and the star of david being merged with Swastika  in the Saudi Newspaper in December 2005 .
Edited by Aparna_BD - 18 years ago
Angel39 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I agree that it was highly offensive to the islam religion and culture.

But i would not say that denmark as a whole country was respnsiable for this.
It was the newspapers fault...and i think they should apologise.

However, i think muslims all over the world has also reacted in a very bad manner too.......i understand it was offencive too them....but they have also said that they will do another 9/11 attack to show what they are really made of...is this what there prophet muhhamead teaches them?? 😕
hydrogurl001 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
well, the incident with 9/11 was a huge issue and still is. yes, Muslims caused the attack, but all Muslims are not like that. And the Muslims who were involved in the attack, in my opinion, should not have the right of calling themselves Muslims if they do it. That is not what Islam teaches us, and if they did all that knowingly, it is very bad