Debate Mansion

Offensive drawing of prohphet muhhammad - Page 5

AbsolutelyNuts! thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Okay, first of all, you guys have to stop saying "my God, your God" etc. There is only one God. There aren't "many different Gods."

Secondly, if the drawings of the prophet are so wrong, why is it okay for some muslim artists to draw him while when non-muslims draw it, everybody goes crazy?

But I have to side with you on one thing: while Jesus Christ is often used in humor, it is never outright disrespectful. Depicting the prophet with a bomb was un-called for. For the ignorant people out there who believe Muslims are generally terrorists, that comic just strengthened their beliefs.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hydrogurl001 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: AbsolutelyNuts!

Okay, first of all, you guys have to stop saying "my God, your God" etc. There is only one God. There aren't "many different Gods."

Secondly, if the drawings of the prophet are so wrong, why is it okay for some muslim artists to draw him while when non-muslims draw it, everybody goes crazy?

But I have to side with you on one thing: while Jesus Christ is often used in humor, it is never outright disrespectful. Depicting the prophet with a bomb was un-called for. For the ignorant people out there who believe Muslims are generally terrorists, that comic just strengthened their beliefs.

when have Muslims drew the Prophet?

lil miz thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: zhasan2

when have Muslims drew the Prophet?

yeh thats exacley what i was gonna say...

when did the muslims draw prophet muhammed (pbuh)????

sameer.84 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Aparna_BD

I am watching CNN late edition with Wolf Blitzer currently and the Saudi Ambassador to Denmark is being interviewed . I am horrified to see when they showed pictures of Jewish people drinking blood , and the star of david being merged with Swastika  in the Saudi Newspaper in December 2005 .

a) saudi arabia might have shown Israelis and not jews as drinking blood. Israelis are doing much worse to Palestinians what British did to Indians in pre-independence times.

b) they might have shown star found in Israeli flag with swastika and not David's star as David (peace be upon him) is respected as a prophet in Judaism as well as Islam.

And...

insulting someone's leader is worse than insulting them. muslims are insulted time and again but muslims were very outraged only this time as  prophet was insulted and not just the masses.

Edited by sam_84 - 18 years ago
My friend sent me a link to a video two days ago. It briefly showed portraits made of the prophet. I can't find the link now but I'll try to search for it and post it soon. They were pretty nice portraits, nothing disrespectful. But they showed faces, nonetheless.
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail

[QUOTE=AbsolutelyNuts!]

QUOTE]

..they rnt supposed 2 do tht....if they do it itz out of ignorance....no1 shud draw him or ne other prophet

hydrogurl001 thumbnail

My friend sent me a link to a video two days ago. It briefly showed portraits made of the prophet. I can't find the link now but I'll try to search for it and post it soon. They were pretty nice portraits, nothing disrespectful. But they showed faces, nonetheless.

well, how do you know Muslims drew the picture😕

Aparna_BD thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sam_84

a) saudi arabia might have shown Israelis and not jews as drinking blood. Israelis are doing much worse to Palestinians what British did to Indians in pre-independence times.

b) they might have shown star found in Israeli flag with swastika and not David's star as David (peace be upon him) is respected as a prophet in Judaism as well as Islam.

And...

insulting someone's leader is worse than insulting them. muslims are insulted time and again but muslims were very outraged only this time as  prophet was insulted and not just the masses.

Facts : Jewish people all over the world are identified by the "Star of David" !! And that picture had men drinking blood with the star of David on their sleave not Isreali star found on the flag . On CNN infront of the Saudi Ambassador it was identified as the Star of David !!

Same goes for the Star of David that was merged with the Nazi Swastika symbol .

Another FACT : Talibans blew up the heritage statue of Lord Buddha in Afghanistan . There was outrage and non- violentprotests !!!!!!!

Blashpemy is bad and wrong, but isn't VIOLENCE much worse ???

Edited by Aparna_BD - 18 years ago
This content was originally posted by: zhasan2

well, how do you know Muslims drew the picture😕

They said that in the video.

hydrogurl001 thumbnail

They said that in the video.

well, i can't believe it, sorry😊. do you have the link?

and if Muslims DID draw it, they shouldn't have, if it was out of ignorance, thats wrong, if it was unknown to them that they shouldn't have, Allah (SWT) WILL forgive them

Edited by zhasan2 - 18 years ago