Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hukshila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago
@JaspalToronto,

Even i don't want any debate coz i don't want any sort of fight here. the differences are natural coz v follow different faiths. I can also prove how i m sure he didn't visit that place but lets leave the debate n talk about the similarities only. Neither u nor i was present 532 years ago to check personally that he visited or not.

i have replied ur post reply coz you have posted after my post. u stated your point of view n i have stated my point of view. its good what you said that Baba Nanak has adopted good points of Islam. Religion is not any one's property and Islam welcomes to all humanity.

I pray to Allah for showing right path to all of us with his guidance n help us to stay on that for rest of life (Ameen)

P.S: whatever i stated here is not to hurt any one so NO OFFENSE to any one. i have just stated my point of views as replies. I m not replying any one further here as TM wants the post to be closed so pls send me PM or scrap if any one needs to discuss any thing. BUT NO FIGHTS pls as the differences are natural. No more post replies here for me pls
Edited by hukshila - 12 years ago
--Preeti-- thumbnail
Once again great post Jaspal ji! 👏 I believe tht Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji did go to Mecca cuz if a normal person like ( I forgot the name) could go why couldn't Guru ji go ? and if I'm not wrong but I have been told in old Islamic Granth's there is proof Guru ji did go there! And well I dont intend ok hurting anyone's feelings and I'm sorry if I did.
sami01 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
mecca going is a hard fact;; and as we also dont question lot of things which we dont agree with about islam,i am glad you are doing same huslika.. loads of things u belive in happened even longer than 500 plus years..faith matters...and who are we to question history of messihas... we consider guru nanak dev ji exactly same way as u consider prophet mohd... so lets leave it at that .Thanks every one..
and i would end this on DR. Mohd Iqbals poem again
hind ko ek marde kamil ne jagaya khwaab se

some informative posts here 😊  and a mild debate too

But debates are more fun on Debate mansion with no holds barred for everyone 😆   anyone game to jump there ? 😉 😆
deleteaccount thumbnail
Originally posted by: hukshila

Very informative post, sorry i have checked late n for commenting late here, i had too much work in office n got too much tired when i came back.

by reading ur post i found some similarities between Sikhism n Islam i would like to share with you n all who check it.

Both religions preach only one God, V Muslims believe in one Allah Alhamdulilah n you told sikh also has been preached to worship one God

On these missions Guru ji spread the message of one god.

Say, "He is Allah , [who is] One, Allah , the Eternal Refuge. He neither begets nor is born, Nor is there to Him any equivalent." (Surah Ikhlas verse 1-4)

He asks all humans to look up to just God and no one else

Say, "Indeed, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah , Lord of the worlds. No partner has He. And this I have been commanded, and I am the first [among you] of the Muslims." (Surah An'am 162-163)

Put away thy pride.

Worship Allah and associate nothing with Him, and to parents do good, and to relatives, orphans, the needy, the near neighbor, the neighbor farther away, the companion at your side, the traveler, and those whom your right hands possess. Indeed, Allah does not like those who are self-deluding and boastful. (Surah Nisa verse 36)

Both religions tells that all humans are equal and no one is better than other (in Islam only that one is honorable near to Allah who is righteous)

He followed Path of humanity and taught the world about loving every fellow human being without looking at his/her caste, gender, faith or nationality

To him, there are no barriers of race, class, caste, creed or color which check the progress of any in reaching the goal.

Remember the essence of religion

Is meekness and sympathy,
Not fine clothes,
Not long prayers,

O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted. (surah Hujrat verse 13)

Prophet Mohammad (Peace be upon him) said in his last sermon on Hajj

O' People! Listen to my words, for I do not know whether we shall ever
meet again and perform Hajj after this year. O' Ye people! Allah says, O'
people We created you from one male and one female and made you into
tribes and nations, so as to be known to one another. Verily in the sight
of Allah, the most honoured amongst you is the one who is most
God-fearing. There is no superiority for an Arab over a non-Arab and for a
non-Arab over an Arab, nor for the white over the black nor for the black
over the white except in God-conciousness.

All mankind is the progeny of Adam and Adam was fashioned out of clay.
Behold; every claim of privilage whether that of blood or property, is
under my heels except that of the custody of the Ka'bah and supplying of
water to the pilgrims, O' people of Quraish, don't appear (on the Day of
Judgement) with the burden of this world around your necks, whereas other
people may appear (before the Lord) with the rewards of the hereafter. In
that case I shall avail you naught against Allah.  (Fath ulbari, Part 12, page 336-337)

Not the Yogi's garb and ashes,
Not the blowing of the horns,
Not the shaven head,

Not recitations and torturing,
Not the ascetic way,

But a life of goodness and purity,

Amid the world's temptations.

Leaving the world n torturing ourself is not allowed in islam, v have also been told to live in the world with the given rules of Islam.

He taught everyone that God is neither Hindu nor Mussulman and the path which I follow is God's

He was right God can neither be a Hindu as the original definition of Hind means a person who lives in subcontinent. For ref check the following link.

http://www.hinduwebsite.com/hinduism/h_meaning.asp

nor he can be a Muslim coz a Muslim means the one who submit his/her will to Allah the one who is the most obedient to Allah and follows Allah's path so definitely Allah can't be a Muslim coz he can never submit his will to anyone as he is the Almighty creator for all of us, this earth n heaven n every thing between.

PS: Islam preached all about humanity and worshiping one God,  around 1432 years before.

PSS: the wording in Green is the original Quotation by TM, Blue is mine n the maroon are the references from Original Islamic sources.

this was just FAVULOUS! i never new abt this speech before!😲
ParulRatiShivi thumbnail
Happy Birthday Gurupurab Guru Nanak Jayanti...
amalankar thumbnail
Happy Gurupurab!! Happy Gurupurab!! Happy Gurupurab!!
meerubzara thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
superb 
informative posts
thanks for post dear
ALLAH fulfill all ur good dreams and forgive our sins. AMEEN

Edited by meerubzara - 12 years ago