Adaalat

TOI: I dont work for money-Romit

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

I DONT WORK FOR MONEY 

Television actor Romit Raj talks about his weekend show and life after marriage 

Amrita Mulchandani 

He is one television actor who considers himself fortunate to play two lead roles in women oriented serials Bidaai and Ghar Ki Lakshmi Betiyann.From daily soaps,reality shows to weekly shows,Romit loves to experiment and try his hands in different sectors.He has been in the industry for ten years and considers himself lucky to work with popular faces like Rekha,Nana Patekar,Deepti Naval,Tom Alter,Nirmal Pandey and Ranvir Shorey in films like Yatra and Humdum.

What prompted you to do Adalat 

The show is based on true life incidents so it also keeps the viewers on the edge and as an actor,it offers me a great platform to entertain the audience.Ronit Roy is also another reason why I took up this show.I have immense respect for him and we improvise our scenes.Its great to work with someone who is considered as one of the most popular faces of television.

Do you regret not doing a daily soap now 

I love doing daily soaps and I am looking forward to doing one in the near future.I feel daily soaps enable me to share a great relation with the audience.My only condition is that my character and the story needs to be interesting.I dont work for money,I work because I am passionate about my craft.I worship my work.

Why do you feel actors mostly of your age sit jobless at home 

Because most of them are not actors.There was a phase (and to some extent even now) which saw any good-looking youngster despite their mediocre acting abilities were finalised to play lead characters.Earlier TV shows ran for 500 episodes because the characters were strong and had lots of substance.Most of the actors who are jobless are here just to make quick money they have no passion for acting.There are also a lot of talented actors who are not seen on screen as they are busy working in films,production houses or theatre.

Do you feel people differentiate between TV and film actors 

Yes,there is a big difference between a film and TV actor.When you are a film star,you have to maintain a lifestyle.Also the money paid to a film actor is much more than TV actors.Film actors also have an extra edge over the television actors who appear on the small screen everyday.

You have assisted directors.Do you plan to work in all the aspects of the TV world 

My ultimate goal is to be the biggest entertainer of my country.I just felt direction,editing,camera work,production are all different subjects of my school.Acting is my favourite subject and I score well in that.I feel knowing more and learning new things at every stage of life is very essential.Wisdom never goes waste.I would love to make TV shows and films in the future.

If not an actor you would have loved to join the armed forces Is it true 

Ya.I love the uniform I would love to serve my country.I feel every child in our country should spend two years in NDA to learn discipline and love for our country.Why do we limit ourselves to just two days Republic and Independence Day to salute our jawans 

You have been married now,what changes are you going through 

Life has been blissful ever since I married Tina.I love her a lot and its great to find a soulmate like her.Today I have to think twice before making any plans as she has become an integral part of my life.My room no more looks like a bachelors room.The biggest change is that I cant play my PS3 as Tina wants my undivided attention.I also dont work on Sundays as weekends is the only time when we can spend time together.

Romit Raj 

[Previous] Ahmedabad Times [Next]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Nice interview.. thanks! :) 
HaHaHeHe-Hupp thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
If he does not work for money, what does he work for then? From now on every producer approach him to their shows without spending money on him. Jhoota number number .
Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Well said, I can't believe he doesn't work for money. If he does, he shouldn't be paid for adaalat.
HaHaHeHe-Hupp thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: Shruti_HR

Well said, I can't believe he doesn't work for money. If he does, he shouldn't be paid for adaalat.

his intention is only to get other shows because now a days nobody asks for such actors , accidentally he  got approached to Adaalat and now he giving lame excuse , he does not work for money!