10th November Episode Discussion

Amanat284 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi guys,

I usually post in other people's threads but I wanted to start my own. :)

Regarding the precap, as much as I feel sorry for Sandya...she should appreaciate that Suraj saved her parent's izaat. I want her to stop lashing out at him. The suhaag raat didn't happen. Suraj got the message so move on Sandya. If I was her, I'd start to blush and even smile a little at Suraj. He's so heart warming. This should be the start of a beautiful love now.

I think Suraj has proven that he can protect her dignity, even though he has a long way to go yet...Suraj was the mature one and took the first step to be a very good husband.

Not to forget, Suraj stopped her hand from burning when Sandya tossed her letter into the holy fire shortly after their marriage vows. Suraj worried about her at the bus and remained with her even when she fell asleep and his shoulder got wounded cuz of her earring. He tried to warn her about the ant, helped her make tea for his parents. He even left his parents behind and got on the bus with her- defending her against that bus man.

Then he gives up his slippers for her.

Stops her hand from being burnt by candle wax.

Gave her a gold locket (even though it was for Kavita first.)

He even took a good verbal lashing from his mother when he stopped Chaturi from going into his room to wake Sandya and he closed the door in his mother's face to protect Sandya from her.

Dude is doing a lot and now I beleive it's Sandya's turn to give back.

Isn't it time, that Sandya lets Suraj know that she appreciates his kindess and is kind back to him?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sitakshii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
rite now sandhya is behaving rudely with suraj becaz she is frustated with the situations around her...slowly she wud melt towards suraj and wud develop respect first and then love for him.
b2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Nice thread.😊

Agree with you.  Sandhya's angry cannot be qualifed as reasonable or unreasonable given the circumstance she is in.  Hopefully from tomorrow's promo, Suraj's reply to her is awsome, she starts respecting him.
_innocent_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

I agree.. she is being unreasonable... fair enough she has been cheated!! but that was not the fault of suraj but that of her brother!!  suraj even though she behaved so rudely towards him hasnt uttered a single mean thing abt her!! and there is a limit to everything.. and unfortuntatelyy suraj will snap at her if she continues to treat him in that manner...

Frm her POV..i guess she might be scared of being nice to him as she feels no1 actually understands her.. bt at the same time.. she needs to be a little bit more appreciative towards suraj!!..and stop being so lost in herself!! she would have become a very bad IPS officer cuz quiet frankly she always acts like a zombie and takes her anger out on the wrong person!! instead of going to the source of the issue!!... grrr she is getting on my nerves lol..😆
JFFPaisley thumbnail
I had started watching this show coz i thought it had potential...now i have stopped watching it!! 

I just read the updates. 

The reason. I am tired of watching a spoilt brat! That is exactly how Sandhya is acting. Women are made of harder substance than madam. Shit happens...and it happens in every woman's life..and they have the strength to change it or face it.  Thats why they are women!!!! Thats what sets us apart from men (with due respect to any male members of the forum). 

If she doesn't have the strength to walk out the door than she really shouldn't keep punishing others for her misfortune (if there is one) especially not those who aren't to blame. And honestly what is keeping her in that house now...her brother and bhabhi are long gone and there are any relatives so there is no fear of anyone being called and insulted by her MIL. If she is really made of the tough stuff that she thinks that she is than she can just walk out the door sell her jewelry and start a new life. The cry baby whining is getting quite tiresome. 

Another thing that really bothers me about this entire play is its impact...whether people realize it or not these plays do have a role to play on the masses. Arranged marriages are a common occurrence in the IndoPak subcontinent. If one were to take this play on face value (at its current juncture) it would give license to some woman / girl who thinks she has had a raw deal / match in marriage to emulate Sandhya with God only knows what results. 

Although people on this forum seem to hate Bhabho..i for one don't really dislike her.. at least she is honest.. for her, her family comes first. Not so our dear heroine. She is patronizing and condescending. She looks down her nose at everyone...and sees the worse in everyone.  Education does not give you license to be prejudiced against those who are less educated than you. Did her parents just teach her that she has to be an IPS officer and that she has to get higher education / education. DId they not teach her that she has to be nice to people...forgiving..etc...Those are the basic values that every child is brought up with. She seems to have forgotten those as well. 

I hope the tone of the play changes soon...they are wasting such a good story line..they can use it to show the strength of women..and how a woman can rise against all adversity and by being positive turn the negatives in her favor. 

Quite irritating really. 

I apologize if i have offended anyone. 
Julie0001 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@JFF,  interesting points. I though find it refreshing that Sandhya is looking angry and has a hard look.  I love that.

I find it tiresome to see these constant heroines who suffer in silence and always put a cheerful look on their faces. Soaps are full of these women, who take all the insults piled upon them by m-in-laws and remain "happy" for the sake of family, duty, honor. I love  that finally we have a female character who feels enough self-respect to demonstrate on her face that she disagrees with the codes of the house. I personally think that the silent suffering women also make arranged marriages look unpalatable. The fact that Sandhya's facial features cannot be controlled or muted is something even Bhabbo has noticed.  Let her have her own expressions to herself and be reflective of her mind. That is a privilege that many soap heroines do not have

I also do not feel that it is an either or situation. Either she needs to look happy, or she should leave and get a divorce. Both are too extreme and not necessarily reflective of any inner strength. Adjusting mindlessly to ones surroundings, or quitting on a marriage do not equal female strength.

I personally love the in-betweens here. I love that she looks ticked at what fate dealt her. She is not  a saint and she is unfairly taking it out on others. Fine, so be it. She is a human and flawed.   I rather have that then her looking like some sacrificial happy doll.

They also showed Sandhya looking genuinely moved what Bhabbo was  talking about the role and value of unchanging traditions. She looked pleased that Bhabbo approved of her. So again Sandhya is human. Perhaps in that moment she received some maternal approval that she is missing. Yes she cries a lot and pouts. So what? How does that make her weak? When is crying or not crying a measure of strength? or makes someone a bad role model?

I just don't think that there is one way or two ways to measure what makes a "strong" woman.  Sandhya is waging her own rebellion right now. We can all debate whether or not it is more productive than divorcing her husband, or fitting into her surroundings.
Edited by jpalagrawal - 12 years ago
monika_2691 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
nice post...Sandhya shouldnt vent her anger on him...she has seen so much of him...then shr should go ahead and reveal to him her aspirations...
b2011 thumbnail
@jpalagrawal: 👏 Agree with you.

I love that Sandhya is not shown as typical soap heroine and reflects someone of our neighborhood.  I find the ever-sacrificing ladies to be the weaker ones.  She replied back to it when Bhabho questions her parents morale at the same time she was more happy to hear Bhabho praise her mom.  I liked the look and determination in her when she caught the cup before falling to the ground (second time when Bhabho was leaving the kitchen).

One thing most of the viewers find fault is her venting out on a clueless Suraj.  It was unintentional from her side.  Anyone who would have listened to Bhabho's rules and orders would defintely lash out at someone.  Again, I appreciate Sandhya that she did not absorb her anger and vented out. 

I do not think she has to take a drastic step as to either be happy or move out at this stage.

Regarding the role model, Sandhya's role is advisable and in keeping with our traditions.  The most important is she did not give up her hope and wanted to inform Suraj of her dream but is disappointed with her brother's lies and her understanding of the recent happenings in the house. 
Amanat284 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I understand all your points and what I'm trying to say is that Sandya should show even a little bit of appreciation to Suraj.

I know Suraj has his flaws and Sandya can help him improve but right now, he is the only one who will help her if she gives him a chance. That doesn't mean she has to become a Bani Walia (OH GOD, I hate that character). It just shows that she acknowledges that the poor guy is trying hard to be a good husband, because he is.

Doesn't mean that she has to lay out the bahu mat and serve that snap dragon Bhabo. Think about it, if Suraj didn't help her...Bhabo would have insulted Sandya and her deceased parents- Sandya would have resigned herself into a shell of despair, hatred...and whatnot. Suraj- even though he didn't cure the disease but treated the symptoms helped Sandya to smile today even if it was done by his secret help.

I agreed with Sandya when she was put down by Bhabo, good that she looked at her nasty mother in law in the eyes yet didn't say anything out of respect for her parents.

I fully support Sandya's anger about having to supress her dreams and have a baby...plus the expectations is unfair.  

I'm probably one of the few who liked it that she finally spoke up in the Suhaag raat episode. We got to see that Suraj did preserve the matter in the room and not let Bhabo see. If Sandya hadn't spoken, we probably would have had to wait a long time to see her finally talk.

It's just sometimes rules are meant to be broken and in the case of the Halwa, Suraj "cheated" in Sandya's eyes but she needs to learn that when it comes to the responsibilities of a husband...there are no rules apart from protecting your wife from emotional and physical harm.

I'm glad Suraj took his first step towards that.

A little bit of appreciation on Sandya's side would encourage him to take the next step and fully improve from being a doormat. Get me?

May he one day speak in favor for Sandya agaisnt his family.

👍🏼

I don't like dragging episodes and it's not fair that it's only 30 minutes per day. Where are the maha episodes lol!
Edited by Amanat284 - 12 years ago
b2011 thumbnail
Agree with you Amanat.

Maha episode coming on November 19.