Users

Frequent Posters

ani11 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
.Edited by ani11 - 14 years ago
chatbuster thumbnail

haha, i cant believe most people debate because they want to hear the other guy πŸ˜‰

mostly, they are into it for the entertainment value, for the rush they get when they crush the other guy's ego. πŸ˜‰ it's like playing chess. not everyone's gonna win a million bucks and become champ. yet they play, dont they? burn up all that time.

ok, when one does have to debate, as do presidential contenders etc, they're doing it for points. it's seldom to convince folks who already have their minds made up. rather it is to win the folks who are undecided and on the fence to their side, or to boost the morale of their side. 😊 Edited by chatbuster - 17 years ago
Lovers Ka Love thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
The point for debate is to collect the thoughts of different minds...... Me having different and Definenetly YOu having Different.....
Little Defination About This is : The Collection Of Different Thoughts is Called Debate πŸ˜ƒ
chatbuster thumbnail

haha, and i suppose the point of having all that great food is to live? well, that's the theory, isnt it? πŸ˜‰ never mind that from the looks of them, u'd think it's because most people just love to eat. πŸ˜‰

yaar, we dont have to use rocket science here. we debate mostly because we like to. it's good time-pass, nice entertainment, and a societally acceptable way to beat up on other guys. yes, it's also a charming way to impress the other gender and show how smart and funny we can be. πŸ˜†

why beat around the bush? πŸ˜‰
ani11 thumbnail
lighthouse thumbnail

Originally posted by: sweta01

Debates give us the opportunity to understand different point of views from different set of people. During the debates process we may concur with the other person's point of view or become more sure about our POV. Debates helps us in arriving at a decision in our mind in regard to a particular subject. Debates enhances the thinking power of an individual. In all Debates aache hai... 😊

I don't think there is only one point that answers why we participate or enjoy debates silently.

Different people debate based on what their needs are and most if not all have been mentioned before... There are a lot of silent readers that get benefits of theraputic, learning and validating their beliefs from these debates. Posters who might be compelled to post and debate every time may be in it for some entertainment value as CB puts it. The benefit all of us derive is that various pov's are mentioned and that is healthy. It opens our minds and hearts and reminds us of  our limitations. 

For me Sweta , the reason you put forth best summizes my need for coming to DM and sometimes participating also. I consider myself WIP..😊

Edited by lighthouse - 17 years ago
chatbuster thumbnail

haha, so what's for food on those plates? grass? πŸ˜‰ so much for eating to live.πŸ˜†

as for "live to eat", nah nah, no spelling mistake. gotta be "love to eat". that's how one gets to the obesity that's so rampant, and may i add especially in places like Texas?πŸ˜‰ one's gotta make up new phrases to keep up with the changing timesπŸ˜†

chatbuster thumbnail
Originally posted by: lighthouse

I don't think there is only one point that answers why we participate or enjoy debates silently.

Different people debate based on what their needs are and most if not all have been mentioned before... There are a lot of silent readers that get benefits of theraputic, learning and validating their beliefs from these debates. Posters who might be compelled to post and debate every time may be in it for some entertainment value as CB puts it. The benefit all of us derive is that various pov's are mentioned and that is healthy. It opens our minds and hearts and reminds us of  our limitations. 

For me Sweta , the reason you put forth best summizes my need for coming to DM and sometimes participating also. I consider myself WIP..😊

haha, i guess i should be hitting DM more often than the books- so many povs and things to learn.πŸ˜› and reminds me, when i go watch movies, i shld be doing so to explicitly learn the art of story-telling. and those trashy novels? oh, that's to build word power. street fights? nah, not to enjoy the tamasha. but to learn the fine art of boxingπŸ˜†

ok, seriously the problem with most of the viewpoints that have been articulated is not that they are not valid. they are. but they are mostly irrelevant or secondary IMO.

so what gives? the problem is that very little energy is expended when you're a passive someone, be it listener, observer, reader. the more interesting question is really why the active guys get into it, burning up all that energy and time. and the explanations that i came up addresses that best IMO. 😊 maza ata hai. naheen? πŸ˜‰

Edited by chatbuster - 17 years ago
ani11 thumbnail
chatbuster thumbnail
Originally posted by: ani11

now don't tell me that after UP now you are from Texas tooπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

nopeπŸ˜† lucky, no?πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† 

just providing info that hopefully brings in the "bacon"πŸ˜‰

Edited by chatbuster - 17 years ago