Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Faraan92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Shweta Tiwari, Vivek Mushran in DJ's next...

Friday, October 07, 2011 | 3:05:39 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    35 Comments
Shweta Tiwari, Vivek Mushran in DJ's next...

Two power packed performers have been zeroed on to play pivotal roles in DJ's Creative Unit's next on Sony TV...

Tellybuzz was the first to break the burning hot news about DJ's Creative Unit gearing up for it's next venture on Sony TV. The concept promised to have an edge over the regular Saas-Bahu drama and roped in seasoned actors to feature in the show.

The latest piece of news that reached our ears tells us that actress Bigg Boss 4 winner,Shweta Tiwari and Vivek Mushran of Baat Hamari Pakki Hai have been roped in to play meaty roles in the show.

Confirming this news a source from the industry states, "Shweta Tiwari and Vivek Mushran have been finalized to essay husband and wife as the story is all about parenting. The entire cast is expected to be locked by the 15th of October."

Vivek Mushran will be seen in a prominent role after long and he says, "Yes, its true that I have been approached for the role but it would be better if you get a confirmation from the production on the same."

Shweta Tiwari on the other hand remained unavailable.

With such an interesting start, audience expectations towards the show are definitely going to see a raise…

Reporter:Tejashree Bhopatkar
Author:Megha Bissa

Faraan92 thumbnail

Renowned names tipped to be a part of DJ's next...

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 | 3:34:26 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    22 Comments
Renowned names tipped to be a part of DJ's next...

After Shweta Tiwari and Vivek Mushran, DJs Creative Unit ropes in talented faces for their next ambitious project on Sony...

A few days ago, we broke the news aboutShweta Tiwari and Vivek Mushran being chosen to play vital roles in DJs Creative Unit's next on Sony TV. But now we hear that the entire cast of the show comprises of popular figures from the television industry.

As the concept of the show is about Parenting and will focus on how parents should behave with their children. Therefore the show is expected to have a large cast.

A little birdie informs, "Rupali Ganguly ofSarabhai Vs Sarabhai has been paired opposite Vishal Singhh who made a mark with the prime show, Aathvaan Vachan- saath vachano se badkar."

Major chunk of the casting is done but a few actors are yet to be selected. Vivek Mushranand Vishal Singhh will play the two sons of the family while Shweta Tiwari and Rupali Ganguly will essay the daughter-in-laws respectively.

"Talks are on but I can't comment on the same," asserts Vishal Singhh.

Along with Vivek MadanSparsh Khanchandani aka Iccha of Colors' Uttaran will be essaying a meaty role in the show and confirmed the same. There were also reports in the media aboutUlka Gupta (Ek Veer Stree ki Kahaani Jhansi Ki Rani) fame making a comeback with this show but Aashika Bhatia has been finalized to essay Shweta Tiwari's daughter.

We contacted Rupali Ganguly who states, "It's better to confirm my presence with DJ's as I am not allowed to speak about the show right now."

With Rupali, Vishal and Sparsh joining the bandwagon, the show is definitely looking like a million bucks!

Faraan92 thumbnail

Sony brings new offerings; changes in time slot!

Monday, October 31, 2011 | 3:36:53 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    52 Comments
Sony brings new offerings; changes in time slot!

As the Sony makes way for two new shows, some time changes are expected to take place...

The promos of DJ's Parvarrish-Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi and Shrishti Arya's Dekha Ek Khwaab on Sony TV have already managed to carve a place in the audience's minds. As these promising shows are scheduled to go on air this month, few revamp in the time slots are expected.

A little birdie informs Tellybuzz, "Both the new shows are expected to telecast from 21st of November. As the legendary show 'Kaun Banega Crorepati 5' is expected to go off air by 17th, Kuch Toh Log Kahenge which currently airs from 8:00 to 8:30 will be extended to 8:45 PM. 'Dekha Ek Khwaab' will then continue from 8:45 PM to 9:30 PM and DJ Creative Unit's 'Parvarrish-Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi' will air from 9:30 to 10:00 PM."

We tried contacting Kritika Kamra to know about the development but she remained unavailable whereas all our efforts to reach Rupali Ganguly went in vain.

With this change, the audience will get to see a few more minutes of their favorite programmes. Rejoice!

https://india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/10580-sony-brings-new-offerings-changes-in-time-slot.htm

Faraan92 thumbnail

Here's an exclusive sneak peek into the first

few episodes of Parvarrish

By TellychakkarTeam 15 Nov 2011 - 18:47
Hogging the limelight with its promos, DJ's A Creative Unit's next offeringParvarrish' Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi is all set to hit the small screen on 21 November 2011. The show is a refreshing, captivating and fun-filled drama on the issue of child care. With KBC coming to an end on 17 November, Sony executives are hoping that Parvarrish will help sustain the rising TRPs.

Tellychakkar.com brings you an exclusive sneak peek into what will happen on the show in the first few episodes. A little birdie from the sets flew in and revealed that in the first few episodes the lead protagonists, Sweety (Shweta Tiwari) and Pinky (Rupali Ganguly) will introduce their respective families to the viewers. Both the families have different ways of living but they are connected via love and affection.

Furthermore, the characters of Lovely (Vivek Madan) ' Sweety's and Pinky's younger brother ' and his wife Dolly (Namrata Ramsay) will also be introduced. A work-obsessed couple, they don't want to have kids (unusual, isn't it?). But Lovely and Dolly have a good rapport with the kids and also the family elders. All in all, the initial weeks will deal with the exposition of different characters and the bonding between Sweety and Pinky's family.

DJ's Tony and Deeya Singh seem to be very confident about their new show and believe that the it will create history (we hope it does).

"Parvarrish captures every aspect of parenting as every character in the show goes through different and interesting phases in life. We are confident that the audience will thoroughly enjoy this latest offering from us," beams Tony and Deeya Singh in unity.

Well, only time will say if the show will manage to impress the viewers or not.

Faraan92 thumbnail

No tears for Shweta Tiwari in new Sony soap

• Tags: 
    • Shweta Tiwari
    • Bigg Boss
    • Kaun Banega Crorepati
    • Rupali Ganguly
    • Kasautii Zindagii Kay
    • Vivek Mushran
    • Parvarish - Kuch Khatti Kuch Meethi
By TellychakkarTeam 3 Nov 2011 - 19:46
Print    
Make font size smallerMake font size defaultMake font size larger
Shweta Tiwari

After having dominated prime time TV as Prerna Basu in Balaji's Kasautii Zindagii Kay for more than half a decade, actress Shweta Tiwari said no to TV dramas and soaps. Though she participated in reality shows, her fans were eager to see her back on a daily soap.

Well their wishes are being realized as Shweta, who won Bigg Boss season 4, will be seen in Sony TV's new soap Parvarish - Kuch Khatti Kuch Meethi.

Shweta will play mother to two teenagers in Parvarish and being a mom herself she feels very close to the character. And she is extremely excited about the show. "I was bugged as I was only shedding tears on screen and wanted to try something different. I feel the theme of the Sony show is very fresh and has never been tried on Indian television," says the actress. As reported earlier the show deals with the unique concept of parenting.

The show is scheduled to go on air on 21 November at 9.30 pm once Kaun Banega Crorepati Season 5 wraps up. The show also stars Vivek Mushran, Rupali Ganguly and Vishal Singh.

http://www.tellychakkar.com/news/no-tears-shweta-tiwari-new-sony-soap

Faraan92 thumbnail

Shweta Tiwari: I am much more famous than most movie actors...16 november 2011

At the launch event of her new serial, Parrvarish ' Kuchh Khatti Kuch Meethi, the katto gilehri girl was at her spunkiest best. Not only did she almost take over the event as a host, she also kept the audience in splits with her motor-mouth Punjabi act, a la Kajol inKabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham

She spoke of the challenges of being a mother of a ten-year old girl, her attraction to money and how much she despises Bhojpuri cinema

Your new serial is about parenting; how much of a challenge has it been for you?

Being a working mother is a huge challenge but, thank god for my mom, most of my chores get done. Though my daughter is just ten years old, she is tall. This makes me very concerned about how she is dressed and how she carries herself. I coax her into wearing pajamas and track pants, since I don't want her to be seen in shorts by the house help, driver and other people who drop in at home. I tell her that her skin will get tanned if she wears shorts et al and it works. There was a time when I used to be very careless about things; I would leave used cutlery on the table, etc, and one day I saw my daughter doing just that and it struck me that she was picking up habits from me ' that's when I mended my ways.

But you wear all kinds of clothes as an actor'

As far as work is concerned, I have to wear whatever the role demands, be it a bikini, short skirts or whatever else, but when I am at home I am dressed very appropriately.

How did you prepare for this role ' any inspirations?

I watch a lot of videos on Youtube, and am particularly impressed by that Punjabi lady who played a mother to one of the kids in Chillar Party. Dolly Bindra wasn't much of an influence because other than a word or two in Punjabi, she can't be an inspiration for this character. Now that you remind me, I will watch videos of Kajol in Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, because this character is more like her in that film. With so much talking to do, my character is borderline irritating, so I have to be very careful in treading the line. I would rather model it onSholay's Basanti; though she speaks a lot, people look forward to her talking.

Is your daughter clued in to the work you do?

Not really, as she is not interested in television shows. She is busy with her computer games, iPod and her dolls and she loves it when am at home. What she doesn't understand is that the demands that she makes require me to be working a lot. She said she wants a separate room for herself, one for her toys and another for her paintings. With such a demanding child, I better be working a lot. (giggles)

Do you keep a check on who she is hanging out with?

Well, I know that she is friends with just two girls from her school who form her so-called 'group' and I know them personally too, as they keep dropping in to the house and at times my daughter visits them.

Who are you rooting for in this season of Bigg Boss?

To be frank, I have never watched any season of Bigg Boss because I don't find anything interesting in it. I went into the house just because the money they offered to me was huge and there was no way I could say no to it. That apart, from my own experience, I can say that they only show the negative things that happen inside. During the season that featured me, we used to play kho-kho every evening and have lots of fun most of the time, but all they showed was the fights and hatred. Veena Malik used to recite to us verses from the Quran; she even learnt to chant the Gayatri mantra, but that was never shown. Even Dolly Bindra, though I wouldn't call her my best friend, was shown in a bad light. She was abusive, yes, but like everyone else, she had positive points too, but nobody was interested in that. So yes, I don't follow any TV soaps at all; thanks to my daughter, the only channel that plays all day in my home is Disney.

Do you think that the saas-bahu soaps are on their way out of Indian television?

I don't know if it would be appropriate to say so, but yes, like every passing trend, the saas-bahu serials are losing steam. Even reality television shows aren't as hot as they were when the trend started. Fiction that is rooted in reality ' like our new show, Parvarrish ' seems to be catching up with the audience these days. The responses to the promos have been very encouraging.

You seem to be doing quite a few Bhojpuri films'

Actually, that is not the case. The few Bhojpuri films I did were as a favour for friends and to help my production house. The fact is that there is no money in it. Not just money, they don't even have any good ideas that can get me excited. I have totally stopped taking calls from Bhojpuri filmmakers.

You are playing a mother of two kids in Parvarrish; will it hamper your career as an item girl?

I do not harbour any intentions of being an item girl. My Katto gilehri act in Miley Na Miley Humwas a part of my role, but because not many people saw the film, most felt that I had done an item number. I don't have anything against item numbers, but I will not put my life on hold for the sake of it. The same is with films ' I am not obsessed about doing only films. As a TV actor I am more famous than most film actors! I will not sit at home hoping for a film to come my way, as I have to keep myself busy. I am not very choosy about doing films either. I don't ask which banner is making the film; all I need is that my role should excite me and also add to the film. I don't want to be there just looking pretty and doing nothing.

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/shweta-tiwari-i-am-much-more-famous-than-most-movie-actors/  Edited by Faraan_4_Shweta - 12 years ago
Faraan92 thumbnail
Sony spruces up fiction line-up with new show 'Parvarrish' 
November 16, 11 
Suraj Ramnath

With 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' Season 5 reaching the finale stage, Sony is taking some positive steps to defend its No. 2 ranking in the Hindi GEC genre. SET is bringing in a new fiction show, 'Parvarrish… kuchh khatti kuch meethi', which will go on air on November 21 at 9.30 pm. The channel had launched another fiction show 'Dekha Ek Khwab' last week. Both these prime time fiction shows will replace 'KBC'.

This November, Sony Entertainment Television and DJ's Creative Unit join hands once again to bring to your screens a refreshing, captivating and fun filled family drama 'Parvarrish… kuchh khatti kuch meethi' which would be aired at 9.30 pm from November 21st. With Parvarrish, SET invites you to explore the world of modern day parenting and various emotions attached with it. Experience, with SET the highs and the lows, the pains and the pleasures of parent-child relation rooted in real life situations.

NP Singh, COO, Multi Screen Media, said, "The year 2011 has proved to be very successful year for Sony Entertainment Television. SET has always delivered shows with newer shades of entertainment that deal with the day-to-day life of every individual. Parvarrish is one such unique concept and we are sure that the audience will love this show."

Speaking at the launch of Parvarrish, Sneha Rajani, Senior EVP and Business Head, Sony Entertainment Television said, "Parvarrish is a show which deals with the issue paramount in our audiences' lives, which is about parenting and bringing up the children. We are very excited about this relatable emotion set in our times and we are very confident that it will have an instant connect with the viewers.

Marketing

Rajani said, "We have done a 360 degree marketing campaign for the launch of this show. We have done with television, print, OOH, digital and SMS pushes as our marketing strategy.

Defend GRP's of Sony

Rajani added, "We know that our Gross Rating Points might take some blow and go down but there is no such pressure on us as we were always targeting that no 3 spont at the end of the year so the focus is to at-least be on no 3 if no no 2."

Entry of Dus Ka Dum

Rajani commented, "We have no plans to get Dus Ka Dum or any other non-fiction shows as of now. We are only focused on fiction right now."

Faraan92 thumbnail

Pains and Pleasures of Parenting come alive on Sony Entertainment Television

Media News
Mumbai, November 16, 2011

This November, Sony Entertainment Television and DJ's Creative Unit join hands once again to bring to your screens a refreshing, captivating and fun filled family drama 'Parvarrish… kuchh khatti kuchh meethi'. With Parvarrish, Sony Entertainment Television invites you to explore the world of modern day parenting and various emotions attached with it. Experience, with SET the highs and the lows, the pains and the pleasures of parent-child relation rooted in real life situations.

Premiering on November 21, 2011, 'Parvarrish' is a beautiful narration of parent-child relationship – a story of nurturing; supporting and guiding the children and most importantly the different roles parents play while bringing up their children. The different thoughts and beliefs of parenting come alive in the strong role-play of different sets of parents and their varied approach towards upbringing of the kids. Paravrrish unfurls these diverse roles that parents play in development of their children. It is the story of real people, real emotions of parenting set in present day times.

Parvarrish is an interestingly woven family drama about two sisters, Sweety Ahluwalia and Pinky Ahuja, who are caught up in a hearty sibling rivalry in their attempt to be a better parent. Each has a different set of beliefs and a different take on how one needs to bring up their children and like all the parents in today's world, both the sisters and their husbands have a different point of view hence play different roles at different points and times in their children's lives. Pinky believes that one needs to be a friend to one's children, whereas Sweety believes in being a stricter and disciplinarian mother. The show explores the universal concept of parenting with two mothers and their different approaches towards it.

Two popular leading ladies of Indian television, Shweta Tiwari and Rupali Ganguly essay the roles of sisters Sweety and Pinky respectively along with other popular actors Vivek Mushran, Vishal Singh, Sparsh Khanchandani and Anchal Munjral playing the other important characters.

Mr N P Singh, COO, Multi Screen Media said, "The year 2011 has proved to be very successful year for SET. We broke the clutter with our two clearly differentiated fiction properties – Bade Achhe Laggte Hai and Kuch Toh Log Kahenge. And with the launch of our biggest non-fiction property Kaun Banega Crorepati 2011 we have attained the No. 2 position among GECs. Sony Entertainment Television has always delivered shows with newer shades of entertainment that deal with the day-to-day life of every individual. Parvarrish is one such unique concept and we are sure that the audience will love this show. The show will strengthen our hold in the fiction domain along with our already popular shows 'Bade Achhe Laggte Hai', 'Kuch Toh Log Kahenge' and 'Saas Bina Sasural'."

Speaking at the launch of Parvarrish, Sneha Rajani, Senior EVP and Business Head, Sony Entertainment Television said, "Parvarrish is a show which deals with the issue paramount in our audiences' lives, which is about parenting and bringing up the children. We are very excited about this relatable emotion set in our times and we are very confident that it will have an instant connect with the viewers. Parvarrish is launching on the back of strong fiction shows like 'Bade Achhe Laggte Hai', 'Saas Bina Sasural' and newly launched 'Kuch Toh Log Kahenge'. Launching at 9:30 pm Monday to Friday slot, Parvarrish is a show that will bring alive the pains and pleasures of parenting.

Diya and Tony Singh of DJ's Creative Unit said, "We all have been through various facets of parent-child relations, either as a parent or as a child, but for the first time ever we are trying to portray the unique colours of parenting and the pains and pleasures of this life on screen. Parvarrish captures every aspect of parenting as every character in the show goes through the stimulating walk of life. Viewers will identify with each and every character in the show; one might see their mother or sister in Sweety or Pinky, or their kids in one of the children in the show. We are confident that the audiences thoroughly enjoy this latest offering from us."

Premiering on Monday, November 21, 2011, 'Parvarrish … kuchh khatti kuchh meethi' will air from every Monday to Friday at 9:30 pm only on Sony Entertainment Television!!!

Faraan92 thumbnail

New-age take on age-old parenting

FRIDAY, 18 NOVEMBER 2011 22:43 PIONEER HITS: 162 A television show is here to guide you through tough years of raising up kids. Its cast gets candid with E Malik 

Bored of the usual listings on the small screen and wish for something less far-fetched than three generations of a family all living happily ever after? Well, here is a much sought-after change in the line-up for your television listings. Come Monday and a new show, Parvarrish, is all set debut on Sony TV. It is a show with a definite air of being different. As the promos clearly show, it does not have an evil saas (mother-in-law) or a conniving nanad (sister-in-law). On the contrary, there are two sisters who compete with each other to be a better parent, with their own unique brand of parenting. Add to the mix kids who will charm you to your toes with their genuine innocence and life-like portrayal. The icing on the cake is the sheer nostalgia one will feel after seeing the show, for everyone must have gone through similar situations with their respective parents. Also highlighted are the various roles that parents have to adorn at times to justify their roles in their children's lives. 

Television veteran Shweta Tiwari plays Sweety, a very loud, domineering and controlling mother. A character which is unlike the ones she has played before. Shweta finds the character she plays reminiscent of her own mother. She says the experience came in handy, for she plays a strict mom on screen. "Parenting is something that's every woman has an innate sense of. We just adapt ourselves to it," she puts in. A mother in real life too, Shweta is not a strict controlling mother. She tries to maintain a balance between being cool and setting rules. But she is very excited to be back on the daily soap circuit after her hiatus from TV soaps.

Actor Vivek Mushran finds the experiences he has had with his friends and his brother who are parents very useful as he plays a funny yet strict father in the show. He is married to Shweta and has two kids. "Strict as much as one will allow. My character preempts the mistakes that a kid might make and we accordingly deal with it in a strict scolding fashion," he elaborates. And as for how he tackled parenting and the larger premise of the show "it's all about being human; the emotions are something you just relate to and act upon them. The spontaneity is the strength of the show."

Adding to the ensemble of actors is Rupali Ganguly who plays Pinky, a sweet and sensitive woman. Acting as a mother of three, she believes in being friends with her children and winning their approval. This often results in very comic situations. But personally, she believes "there are no set rules for parenting on the contrary. As a mother, you have to take one day at a time and just trust your motherly instincts." Rupali finds Parvarrish to be extra special as she finds shades of her own family reflected in it. The closeness with her father and the way her mother cares for her as she still lives with her parents. "This is a show which is very life-like and very relatable, we all have been through similar instances in our lives," she says.

The final piece of the collage is provided by Vishal Singh who plays Jeet, married very happily to Pinky (Rupali Ganguly). He is an assistant manager at a bank and is the calm dad who believes being friends with your kids is the only way to win their trust. The character is very sorted, very organised but also very protective. Vishal finds "parenting is a universal concept and everyone sort of just grows into it." As for the show, he finds it "very refreshing, very normal. Almost like a slice of life." 

He also sees glimpses of his own childhood, with similar experiences being used verbatim on the show. No wonder he is looking forward to Monday when the show begins. Also he feels this is hands-on training for real life, a readymade manual to follow for when he becomes a parent. Parenting, a tough job, even on the easiest of days. Now, we have a life-like recreation. With the laughter and the tears. Go along, watch it, and make sure to take notes!
http://www.dailypioneer.com/vivacity/21392-new-age-take-on-age-old-parenting.html