Users

Frequent Posters

Faraan92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Sparsh to quit acting for IAS exams

Stuti Agarwal, TNN May 21, 2013, 12.08PM IST
(Sparsh Khanchandani )

It is said that once an actor, always an actor. But there are some parents of child actors, who still prioritize education over acting.

Sparsh Khanchandani, the lovable child actor who rose to fame as Chhoti Ichcha of Uttaran and is currently playing the role of Raashi in Parrvarish, is all of 12. But that doesn't stop her from being clear about her goals.

Her mother Sarita caught us off guard when she said that this was the last year that Sparsh will be working. "I am an educationist and my husband is an advocate. We come from a family of professors. Thankfully, we have enough to feed her. Since Sparsh is our only child, we don't want to compromise on her education. She is being promoted to Class VIII this year and this is the last year that she will be working. After this, she will never return to acting. This is because we want to her concentrate on her studies from Class IX, considering the fact that she wants to become an IAS officer. And you know what kind of preparation is needed to crack the exam. So I have turned down many offers of lead roles for her," said her mother.

This is not all. Her mother claims the little one has already started her training for the competitive exams. "You know how this world is. Since I am an educationist, I am polishing her logic, reasoning, English vocabulary and current affairs from now only. I take care that she doesn't miss school. I also get animated CDs for her, which she can see in between breaks on sets. She is even giving small competitive exams to prepare for it."

Well, kudos to the determined girl.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-05-21/tv/39418068_1_chhoti-ichcha-ias-officer-ias-exams

Faraan92 thumbnail

Barkha Bisht steps into Rupali Ganguly's shoes

TNN | May 21, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
Idea 3G at Rs 10
ideacellular.com/Dataplan - Unlimited 3G for 20 Mins at Rs 10. Browse Internet at 21 Mbps!
Ads by Google
Barkha Bisht steps into Rupali Ganguly's shoes
Barkha Bisht

Actress Rupali Ganguly, who played Pinky Ahuja in 'Parvarrish — Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi', had to quit the show owing to pregnancy. We hear Barkha Bisht has stepped into her shoes now.

While Barkha didn't revert to our text message, a source from the show reveals, "This is Barkha's comeback show after two years; she had taken a break post her delivery in October, 2011. Barkha has watched the show. She has told us that she relates to Pinky as like her, she also is a chilled-out mother in real life."

Well, for someone who has enjoyed the 'glamourous' tag for the longest time, the role of a mother with grown-up children will definitely be a challenge!

Faraan92 thumbnail

When Shweta Tiwari dressed as boy

IANS | May 21, 2013, 05.07 PM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
3 & 4 BHK Flats in Pune
gera.in/Calll-Us(020)-6726-5883 - I-Pad Controlled Automated Homes Gera's Trinity Towers, Kharadi Pune
Ads by Google
When Shweta Tiwari dressed as boy
Shweta Tiwari More Pics
Actress Shweta Tiwari, who is set to participate in the forthcoming season of " Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa", says that for her first ever dance performance on stage years back, she was dressed as a boy.

"My first stage performance was in school. I performed a koli dance form for which I played the role of a boy because of my height, and I was also made to wear a moustache to give a look for the same," said Shweta. 

She says it has been her "most special" performance since it was the first one. 

Shweta, who became a popular name with a hit show like Kasautii Zindagii Kay", has shown her dancing ability on many occasions earlier. She has even grooved to Bhojpuri numbers in movies. 

She had co-hosted one season of "Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa" with Rohit Roy, and she is excited to be a part of the coming season as a participant. 

Faraan92 thumbnail
  • 22 May 2013
  • Hindustan Times (Mumbai)
  • Kavita Awaasthi kavita.awaasthi@ hindustantimes. com

'I don't think I'm sexy'

Barkha Bisht-sengupta returns to TV after two years; believes her sexy image might have cost her roles

Barkha BishtSengupta is returning to TV after two years with Parvarrish, on which she will play a mother to teenagers. The 33-year-old will replace Rupali Ganguly, who quit the show due to her pregnancy. She discusses her comeback, film career and being written about for her washboard abs.

Were you hesitant to play a mother on-screen?

No. I like the role of the hyper mom, Pinky. I'm making a comeback on TV after two years. Actresses often play older characters. In Parvarrish, Shweta Tiwari plays my elder sister even though she is younger than me.

Rupali is expecting a baby. Will you offer her any advice?

I'm sure everyone is giving her tips, so I'll let her be. When I was expecting Meira, I was overloaded with advice but eventually I did what I felt was right.

You're best known for your physique. Do you take that as a compliment?

I work hard to stay in shape, especially after having a baby, so I'm proud of myself. But at times, I think my looks are a drawback because my fitness is discussed more than anything else. I don't think I'm sexy, but I've been tagged glamorous. People doubt if I'd be the right fit for a role because of my looks. No one has said it to my face, but I feel I have lost out on projects.

Do you feel you don't have that one hit show as your claim to fame?

Yes, other than Radha Ke Do Naam, which got me some good roles. But on TV, it's not about acting but about the popularity of the show. If the show is a hit, it doesn't mean that the actor is the best choice. The TV audience is unpredictable, so you never know what will work.

You are doing films too. Why didn't you stick to them?

I have done three Bengali films and have Ram Leela coming up. But I feel comfortable doing TV, so I came back to it.