Nayi Umr Nayi Chunauti - Parvarrish - Agla Padav

|| *Parvarrish - Articles Archive [NC]* || - Page 2

kameshreddy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Parvarish is the tale of three generation of parents – each coming from a different school of thought, with different beliefs and different value systems. Khanna sa'ab (Papaji) is a proud man who is a firm believer in traditions and is always ready with a solution steeped in the richness of ideals and morals of his times - the golden generation as he calls it. His daughters - Pinky & Sweety, share a sisterly rivalry and feel the need to prove themselves as a better parent. Each has a different set of beliefs and a different take on how one needs to bring up children. Parvarish is not just about the varied roles that parents play in the journey of bringing up their children … it is about a different world altogether – a world filled with the pangs and the joys of being parents.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Faraan92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

portal on indian news

Shweta, Rupali in Kolkata for 'Parvarrish'

"Parvarrish ? Kuchh khatti kuchh meethi" revolves around the world of modern day parenting and various emotions attached to it.

In the story, Sweety Ahluwalia (played by Shweta Tiwari) and Pinky Ahuja (played by Rupali Ganguly ) are two sisters, who are caught up in a hearty sibling rivalry in their attempt to be a better parent. Both of them have a different outlook on how one needs to bring up their children.

Shweta, who gained popularity for her role as Prerna in the serial "Kasauti Zindagii Kay", will essay the role of a mother who is strict and dominating when it comes to her kids. She believes that kids must be kept in control and checked upon so that they do not go astray.

On the other hand, Rupali plays the role of a mother, who is soft and sensible. She feels that parents need to be friends of their kids; they should be comfortable in telling what happens in their lives.

Shweta, the first woman to win celebrity reality show Big Boss, said: "I am a strict mother in real life but not as strict as the role I essay in the serial."

When questioned about her upcoming films, she said: "My upcoming movies include 'Sultanat', 'Luki' and 'Married to America'."

Rupali said, "I am not married so I don't have kids. But this serial makes me feel like having children. Sony gave me Parvarrish, it made me mother."

Rupali said that she is dying to do a Bengali movie with Tollywood (Bengali film industry) star Prosenjit Chatterjee,

Vivek Mushran, Vishal Singh, Sparsh Khanchandani and Anchal Munjral play other important characters in the serial.

Speaking about the serial, Sneha Rajani, Senior EVP and Business Head, Sony Entertainment said: "Parvarrish is a show which deals with the issue paramount in our audience's life, which is about parenting and bringing up the children. We are very excited about this relatable emotion set in our times and we are very confident that it will have an instant connect with the viewers."

The new tele-serial, "Parvarrish ? Kuchh khatti kuchh meethi" will be aired on every Monday to Friday at 9.30 pm on Sony Entertainment Television from Nov 21.

(Reporting by Tania Roy; Photo by Sambaran Kumar Pal/IBNS)

http://www.indiablooms.com/BollywoodDetailsPage/2011/bollywoodDetails191111c.php

Faraan92 thumbnail
My daughter manages me: Shweta Tiwari
Mumbai: Actress Shweta Tiwary, who shot to fame with her role of Prerna in the television serial 'Kasautii Zindagii Kay', says her 11-year-old daughter manages her.

"She manages me. She makes me comfortable. She takes care of my schedule, I have no time to eat, sleep. She keeps me in order. Since I don't get to spend time with her, She comes down to the sets to meet me and be with me," Shweta told PTI.

Shweta won the season four of 'Bigg Boss' and recently did a cameo role in the film 'Bin Bulaye Baraati' and an item song in the movie 'Miley na Miley Hum'.

The actress feels happy that her daughter understands the demands of a working mother.

"My daughter is smart and she is more responsible since I am a working mother. She understands that her mummy can't be with her all the time. She never complains. She also understands that I am doing all this for her, for her future," she added.

Shweta, who will be seen playing a strict, control freak, dominating mother in Sony TV's upcoming show 'Parvarrish', says parenting is a very challenging task in the new age.

"Being a parent these days is not an easy task. It's much more challenging than how it used to be during the time of my parents. Children are exposed to so many vices these days, thanks to the internet."

Faraan92 thumbnail

Rupali Ganguly was a spoil brat?

Divya Pal, TNN | Nov 21, 2011, 12.00AM IST
Read More:TV Actress|Rupali Ganguly
Rupali Ganguly

Actor Rupali Ganguly, who was recently in the city, told us that she thinks she gave her parents a troubled parenthood! "It wouldn't be fair to call myself a spoilt brat.

I was like the Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes comic strip. I would hit boys. When neighbours would complain to my mother, she would tell them, 'Arrey, meri beti toh ladkon ko maar rahi hai. Aap bhi apne bete ko marna sikhao'. I would put a wooden plank on skates and become Abdul of the movie "Shaan" and would ask my neighbours for money and they would look at me and say 'Kitna pyara bhikhari hai'."

Faraan92 thumbnail

2 new shows starting tonight

TNN | Nov 21, 2011, 12.00AM IST
Read More:Shweta Tiwari|Dekha Ek Khwaab|"Parvarrish
A still from 'Dekha Ek Khwaab'

After the success of "Kaun Banega Crorepati", Sony Entertainment Television is set to launch two shows tonight - " Dekha Ek Khwaab" and "Parvarrish".

"Dekha Ek Khwaab" is Monia's story, the lead protagonist, whose life transforms drastically. The show will feature Aroona Irani as Rajmata Mrinalini.

"Parvarrish", on the other hand, is a captivating story of closely knit families of two sisters, Sweety Ahluwalia and Pinky Ahuja, who are caught up in a healthy sibling rivalry in their attempt to be a better parent. Two popular TV faces, Shweta Tiwari and Rupali Ganguly play the roles of the sisters.

Watch "Dekha Ek Khwaab" and "Parvarrish" at 8.45 and 9.30pm respectively.

Faraan92 thumbnail

"I thought parenting was no rocket science"-Shweta Tiwari

Monday, November 21, 2011 | 6:26:48 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    7 Comments
"I thought parenting was no rocket science"-Shweta Tiwari

Shweta Tiwari speaks about her comeback on daily soap with her new show on Sony TV, Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi

She proved to be one of the top actresses in the industry after she portrayed the iconic character of Prerna in the hit show Kasutii Zindagi Kay. She proved her talent with Jaane Kya Baat Hui. But the actress disappeared from daily soaps soon after and showcased her talents in reality shows like Nach Baliye, Comedy Circus and Bigg Boss. 

After a hiatus Shweta Tiwari is back with a daily soap with Sony TV's Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi which hits the screens tonight.

On the outset of the launch, Shweta shared her journey in the industry and also about her show.

How would you describe your parenting skills?
When my daughter was very young, I thought that parenting was not a rocket science, but as my daughter is growing up I realize what exactly is parenting and actual Parvarish starts. Now I have to tell her 'ye kapde pehenke tum khelne jaaogi? What is all that stuff you're wearing? Now I remember how my mother used to question me on my dress when I used to go to college. I used to get so irritated and nowadays I think that suddenly I am behaving like my mother. I want her to be more careful on her dressing even when at home as there are a lot of workers who come by. And being a single mother I am more concerned about how people see her.

You are an actress and to an extent your child learns from what you do...
Yes, I know that. But I cannot help when it is a shoot because on shoot you have to wear what you are asked to wear. But when I am at home I am more careful. I had the habit of leaving things here and there. And recently I saw my daughter doing the same thing. I realized then that had I not done this earlier, she would have not learnt that from me. Today I am changing that habit of mine so that I could tell her as well.

Which is the biggest complaint that your mother had about you?
The biggest complaint that my mom had was that I was really adamant and if I wanted something I needed to get that done. Also she had a complaint that I concentrated more on dancing and art rather than studying.

Do you discuss the show with your daughter?
No, not at all and she is not much into television. She is mostly busy with her iPod, music, painting and other extracurricular activities. Recently she came up to me and asked whether any of my promos are coming on the channel because her friends' mothers had told her it seems.

Who are her best friends at school?
She has two friends named Biyanka and Sidhi and they make a group of three. They fight and play together.

How much is she interested in your professional life?
Frankly speaking, she does not have any interest in what I am doing and she is all the more happy when I do not go for shoots.

Do you think that the show is portraying the same situation like your house?
Not at all because I do not have any tension about my home because my mother looks after that and I do not have to take care of how much dal is left and what my daughter needs etc. Everything is taken care by my mother.

How are your onscreen children?
Actually we haven't shot much together, but so far I felt that the children are really sweet. We play Uno together during long hours of shoot. If there has to be fights, then it will happen in the future. This is too early (laughs).

You are doing a daily soap after a long gap. Was it intentional?
Jaane Kya Baat Hui was my last daily soap. It was not that I did not want to return to daily soaps, but there was no right show that approached me.  All the offers that came to me had the characters that were interesting in the beginning, but then later on I realized that it will have nothing new to contribute. When Parvarish came to me, I got to know that the show was going to be on parenting and there will be kids. But then when I was given the draft with two episodes, I was so taken aback with the character of Sweety that I wanted to do it immediately. She is so hilarious that she goes on talking even if somebody else doesn't care. I have never done a character like this. There is no heavy make-up used in the show. Yes, there is no tension of eye liner, no hair dresser, there is no goddy jewellery. It is so nice portraying a character like this and on the sets also its lots of fun.

You are excelling in comedy as well...
Frankly speaking, initially when I started doing comedy I got good marks but later went down. I realized that the good marks were because of my partners. So I took it up as a challenge because I wanted the judges to appreciate me for my talent. And finally I did well and now Optimystix keeps calling me and I keep doing the show (laughs). At the same time it is very tough to do comedy because the timing is very crucial.

Do you find it difficult getting the accent?
It is a little difficult and I used to watch YouTube videos of Chillar Party to see how that Punjabi mom used to behave.

You have been a part of Bigg Boss, did you follow the show this season?
To be honest I did not follow, the first, second or even the third season. In the first season I did not know what to see because there used to be a story in each show; people talk this and that. When the show came to me, I looked at the prize money which was handsome, so I took it (laughs).

You started off with Kasautii Zindagi Kay. How do you think the daily soaps have changed over the years?
I feel that women have always been the prominent ones in daily soaps. This may be because women are the main audience or it might also be because people still think that women are weak at heart and this might be the reason they make women the protagonists.  The presentation of daily soaps have changed wherein we earlier had heavy jewellery and other stuff which has now changed into a more natural look. But as far as stories are concerned I guess since people have the same problems, they will remain the same. 

Reporter: Ranjini Nair
Author: Saranya Valsarajan

Faraan92 thumbnail
I used to dress up like Sai Baba
 Divya Pal, TNN | Nov 20, 2011, 12.41PM IST

Article

Comments

Read more:
Rupali Ganguly|Parvarrish|Kuch Khatti Kuch Mitthi

Rupa Ganguly

Rupali Ganguly tells us why she thinks her parents had a tough time handling her as a kid
 Actor Rupali Ganguly may be essaying the role of an understanding mother in Sony Television's new show "Parvarrish - Kuch Khatti Kuch Mitthi", but when she shares funny and somewhat weird instances from her life, we are bound to wonder if her mother had to be extra understanding or strict to ensure Rupali stayed on the right track.

"There was a phase when I thought I was Sai Baba. Since my father was a filmmaker a lot of his friends from the industry would drop in at our place. And to see a kid clad in dad's oversized kurta and mom's dupatta used to make a headgear was expected to be funny. I mean I can't imagine what they would have thought of me then. My dad always thought I was a genius. I think what he meant in reality was that I wasn't a normal kid. Unlike dad, my mother would hit with jhaadu, chappal to ensure I was well behaved all the time. At times, I really feel that my mother and father had a difficult parenthood."

Check out Stars Homepage

Faraan92 thumbnail

Dilli khana's the best: Vishal Singh

Divya Pal, TNN | Nov 23, 2011, 12.00AM IST
Read More:Vishal Singh|Actor
Vishal Singh
On his recent trip to Delhi, actor Vishal Singh, who is still remembered as Sanju of "Dekh Bhai Dekh", told us he was quite taken aback with the confidence level of the child actors roped in for the Delhi-based show "Parvarrish Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi". 

"Kids today are extremely confident. At times, they behave like thorough professionals," he said. Originally from Indore, Vishal longs to be back in Delhi. "I have my cousins here, and it is always fun to be with them. While in Delhi we plan to visit a food joint every day to relish the Dilli ka khana. Trust me, nothing can beat the lips-smacking food that Delhi serves," he said. 

Little wonder then that the actor is eagerly looking forward to returning to the city to shoot for the show. 

Faraan92 thumbnail
 TV Review: Shweta Tiwari's 'Parvarrish' is entertaining

Sony can finally take a break from re-runs of CID as it gets a new daily soap, Parvarrish-Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi

The new family show on Sony is not only star-studded but promises to be entertaining and sometimes enlightening too. The story revolves around the basic concept of two married sisters caring for their husbands and raising their children. While one family believes in giving their children freedom and space, the other resorts to a stricter route. After winning Bigg Boss 4, this is Shweta Tiwari's first television soap where she plays Vivek Mushran's wife (Sweety Ahluwalia) and mother of two kids. Known to be a good actor, Shweta shows promise in the role of a strict parent. Rupali Ganguly plays a loving mother (Pinky Ahuja) who spends most of her time in tears, while Vishal Singh is her chilled out husband. The daily soap also has Sparsh Khanchandani aka Baby Ichcha of Uttaran fame as a street smart kid who plays Rupali's daughter. The first episode itself showed real promise and if it continues in this vein, Sony will have a definite hit on their hands. It's an ideal watch for both parents and kids as it seems to tackle very real issues. Let's hope it doesn't get too melodramatic and predictable. Fingers crossed!

Faraan92 thumbnail

Black in the fray

-A +A
Font
Chaya UnnikrishnanPosted: Nov 25, 2011 at 0236 hrs IST

Seasoned actors, who were out of action thanks to the strong wave of newcomers, are slowly but surely making a comeback in pivotal roles

There was a phase when new faces were favoured because it was felt only they could attract viewers, but now the makers have become intelligent and are casting actors according to the characters – Shweta Tiwari

The ratio of success actors of my era enjoyed (owing to the long run of serials) was higher than the ratio of success enjoyed by the newcomers - Ronit Roy

At the press conference organised for the launch of Sony's new show Parvarrish, Shweta Tiwari, in response to a query, declared that seasoned actors returning to TV in a big way is fast becoming a trend. We couldn't agree more. Granted that the small-screen is still dominated by heroes and heroines in the age-group of 18-24, at times even lower than that, but the fact is, a door has opened for actors above 30 to play lead roles. The credit goes to Bade Achhe Laggte Hai that brought back Ram Kapoor and Sakshi Tanwar in a big way. Close on its heels came Sameer Soni in Parichay followed by Mohnish Bahl in Kuch Toh Log Kahenge. Now we have Shweta Tiwari and Rupali Ganguly essaying central roles in Parvarrish alongwith Vivek Mushran and Vishal Singh respectively.

Interestingly, most of the above -mentioned actors have been around on the TV circuit doing different things but none could take them to their former peaks. For instance, before Bade Achhe..., Sakshi 'Parvati' Tanwar essayed a negative character in Balika Vadhu but that did not go down well with the viewers. She also hosted a few shows including a dance reality show but they were no great shakes. Now, it's as the simple, soft-spoken and straightforward Priya of Bade Achhe ...that Sakshi is back with a bang. Ditto her co-star Ram Kapoor who as the rich, middle-aged businessman possessing a healthy dose of self-deprecating humour, is winning brownie points. Before this, Ram hosted Rakhi Ka Swayamvar and even did a forgettable serial called Basera. But it took a Bade Achhe... to re-establish Ram as a name to reckon with after his outing as Jai Walia in Kasamh Se...

Mohnish Bahl, too, has been doing serials off and on after his popular doctor act in Sanjeevani on Star Plus but while a few like Devi that had Sakshi opposite him did fairly well, most didn't register high on the ratings chart. Not that Kuch Toh... is garnering great numbers either, but it is surely generating hype on account of it being an adaptation of the hugely-popular Pakistani serial Dhoop Kinarey and the unusual older man- younger girl love story with Mohnish playing the silent and brooding loverboy.

As for Shweta, she participated and won Bigg Boss a year ago and acted in a serial Jaane Kya Baat Hui, which many don't remember. Her serial Parvarrish–– Kuch Khatti Kuch Meethi has just started and it's early days yet to gauge its performance, but the makers are resting heavily on Shweta to bring in the audience. Shweta herself has high hopes from the serial, though she is sure that it cannot recreate the magic or success of Kasauti Zindagi Kay. She, however, is happy that producers are experimenting with stories and bringing actors like her back into the fray. "There was a phase when only new faces were favoured because it was felt that only they could attract viewers, but now the makers have become intelligent and are casting actors according to the characters."

Agrees Rajan Shahi, who is currently producing Kuch Toh Log Kahenge, Havan and Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, "I have always maintained a good balance between newcomers and established actors, but I agree that I have reached a saturation point as far as new actors are concerned. They all look the same, wear similar kind of jewellery and even the characters are more or less the same. Which is why I see the return of seasoned actors as a positive trend. They understand nuances and one need not resort to gimmicks or over-the-top drama. As a maker, it encourages me to explore certain kind of stories."

J.D. Majethia, who is producing Mrs Tendulkar with Deven Bhojani playing the title-role, avers that established actors make it easy to experiment with stories. He, however, feels that actors who have proved themselves were always around. "It was only for a couple of years that most of them had to be out of work because of recession. That is because they were demanding a high price. Now, the economy has changed and also the volume has increased. Earlier daily shows were Monday to Thursday but now they have been extended to Friday. So, it is possible to rope in these actors."

However, Ronit Roy who has managed to sail through the recession, survive the onslaught of new faces and yet remain on top of the game begs to differ. "I don't think the price factor matters. It is the popularity, the affability and the connect that the actor has with the viewer that makes all the difference. Yes, I agree that for a few years newcomers ruled, but on hindsight, the ratio of success actors of my era enjoyed (owing to the long run of serials) was higher than the ratio of success enjoyed by the newcomers. That's the main reason the seasoned actors are back in action." According to him, actors of a certain calibre guarantee a minimum rating, the celebrity-studded reality shows being a prime example.

Whether that holds true or not, serials like Bade Achhe … have given hope to a lot of 30-plus actors. "Instead of rushing in to play father or grandfather's role, or overexpose themselves with reality shows, now they can wait for a strong lead role and be the face of the show," says Shahi, who feels that with real and realistic stories being the order of the day the trend is here to stay. Needless to say, acceptability being the main criteria!