Nayi Umr Nayi Chunauti - Parvarrish - Agla Padav

|| *Parvarrish - Articles Archive [NC]* || - Page 4

Faraan92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Return of the seniors

Return of the seniors

Television actors, who ruled the industry with their dynamic performances a few years ago, are back on the small screen. Ram Kapoor, Mohnish Behl, Sakshi Tanwar, Shweta Tiwari, Sameer Soni, Hiten Tejwani and Rupali Ganguly who were forced to stay away from daily soaps returned in lead roles with a bang. They not only improved the standard of acting but caught viewer's fancy with their old world 30-plus charm.
Says Ram Kapoor, "This is the best phase of my career in television. Bade Achhe Lagte Hain has made me more popular than my earlier show Kasamh Se." According to Mohnish Behl, "When stories change, so do actors. I have always believed that good actors don't fade away but wait patiently for right roles. I accepted Kuch To Log Kahenge because the story was fresh and I'm happy that it's working well for everyone, including the audience," he adds.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Faraan92 thumbnail
ON THE SETS 
ITS PARTY TIME! 

Lots of fun on the sets of Parvarrish Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi 

The cast and crew of Sony TVs Parvarrish Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi believes in making work fun.Shweta Tiwari,Vivek Mushran,Rupali Ganguly and Vishal Singh were in a mood to party and celebrated the festive season with the child actors.Keeping the Christmas and New Year spirit alive,Vishal dressed as Santa Claus entertained the kids and the rest of the crew.While he was busy distributing candies and joy amongst the kids,Vivek did a Daler Mehendi act by dancing to the latters popular song,Tunak Tunak Tun Tana Na.A celebration is incomplete without sweets,hence Rupali cooked some delicious halwa for everyone.Palak (Shweta Tiwaris ) daughter joined her mother in the merrymaking.Shweta was seen discussing with her co-actors about the sweets she plans to order for everyone on the sets.

DANCING AWAY: Vivek Mushran and Vishal Singh with kids 

COOKING TIME: Rupali Ganguly with Sparsh and Palak 

SANTA GETS READY: Vishal Singh 

[Previous] Bombay Times [Next]

Faraan92 thumbnail

TRP ratings from 28 Dec to 4 Jan

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 | 3:21:31 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    204 Comments
TRP ratings from 28 Dec to 4 Jan

Here are the TRPs of the popular shows this week...

It's another Wednesday and TellyBuzz gladly brings to you the TRP update for this week.  Since there have been a lot of requests for including more shows on the list, we thought of elongating it by increasing the number to 15.

So here you go, here is the list of the shows with top TRPs this week.

Television Shows

TRPs (This Week)

TRPs (Last Week)

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

Diya Aur Baati Hum

Balika Vadhu

Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain

Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlaata hain

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?

Bade Acche Laggte Hai

Sasural Simar Ka

Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya

Pavitra Rishta

Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah

Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka

Saural Genda Phool

Uttaran

Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli

Saas Bina Sasural

Hitler Didi

Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi

Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi

Coming to the GECs, Star Plus still holds its #1 position to itself with a 325 GEC rating. Though the ratings have fallen as compared to last week's (344), the channel maintains its prime position. Marching closely behind is Colors with a GEC rating of 256 and Sony TV with 240.

PS: The ratings are never dormant and there are unexpected changes every week. Let us see how the graph changes for the shows next week. Keep watching this space for more.

Compiled By Saranya Valsarajan

https://india-forums.com/tellybuzz/wassup/11014-trp-ratings-from-28-dec-to-4-jan.htm

Faraan92 thumbnail

A total of five shows that will be aired tonight will leave you stunned, as events unravel, leading to major twists and turns in the stories

On " Kuchh Toh Log Kahenge", the story goes into a high drive where it is discovered that Dr Ashutosh and Dr Nidhi share a connection other than love. The truth is revealed to Dr Ashutosh that the woman that he loves the most, is actually the one he had hated the most.

In " Dekha Ek Khwab", Udaybeer blackmails Monia into going on a date with him. She agrees and goes out with him but flees from the restaurant to be with Aakash. A furious Udaybeer then swears to teach Monia a lesson.

Another lead character, Toasty, is in trouble on the show " Saas Bina Sasural". Chhedi wants Ved to marry Kiya and doesn't have a clue about Kiya's hidden agenda behind marrying him. Kiya discloses her plans to Toasty and a shocked Toasty decides to expose her. Before Toasty succeeds in her attempt, Kiya pushes her down the stairs and she falls unconscious.

Meanwhile, in "Parvarrish Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi", the kids are up to some mischief and will be in trouble for the same. Ginny and Raashi lie to their parents in order to attend a party. But after a prank played on Ginny by a boy present there, both of them leave the party only to realise that they have fallen prey to a devious autorickshaw driver. Will the girls reach home safely?

And in "Bade Achhe Laggte Hai", the details about the mysterious lady connected with Ram's past, Apeksha, are about to be revealed. Ram and Priya's marital life is once again, on loose ground.

Catch the these twists on Monday, tonight, from 8 to 11pm only on Sony EntertainmentTelevision.

source:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Twists-galore/articleshow/11412087.cms

Faraan92 thumbnail

Sweety goes to Rocky's school to talk about his exams. His teacher agrees to give him a writer to write the exam. Jeet overhears Sweety's phone conversation with her dad, in which she is talking about his financial and personal problems. This upsets Jeet. He talks to Lucky and taunts him about leaking his secret. Jeet yells at Pinky. Pinky tells that it doesn't matter if the family knows about his unemployment.

Ginny wants to go to her friend's birthday party, but Sweety refuses to send her. Rashi tells Ginny that if she convinces her mother to let her go to the party also, then Sweety will have to let Ginny go. Jeet allows Rashi to go to the party. Rocky lies to Sweety, that he and Ginny are going to his friend's brother's engagement party.

In the next episode, Sweety sees the bag of party clothes in Ginny's hand and suspects something fishy. Will she be able to find out the truth? What will happen at the party? Will Jeet's ego allow him to take the family's help?

source:

http://news.tvbasti.com/tv/2576-parvarish-%E2%80%93-sony-tv.html

Faraan92 thumbnail

TRP ratings from 4 Jan to 11 Jan

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 | 2:37:30 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    190 Comments
TRP ratings from 4 Jan to 11 Jan

Television Rating Points for the first week of the year 2012

completes one whole week of the year and like every week, today we bring to you the TRPs of the shows.

So guys, here you go.

Television Shows

TRPs (This Week)

TRPs (Last Week)

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

Diya Aur Baati Hum

Balika Vadhu

Ye Rishta Kya Kehlaata Hain

Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain

Iss Pyaar ko Kya naam Doon?

Bade Achche Laggate Hai

Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya

Pavitra Rishta

Sasural Genda Phool

Sasural Simar Ka

Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka

Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli

Uttaran

Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi

Hitlet Didi

Saas Bina Sasuraal

Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi

Dekha Ek Khwab

Dil se di dua.Saubhagyavati Bhava?

Preet Se Bandhi Ye Dori Ram Milaayi Jodi

Mrs. Kaushik Ki Paanch Bahuein

Phulwa

The year end also saw the finale of Colors' Bigg Boss Season 5 and the show closed at a decent TRP of 3.6.

Survivor India which saw its first telecast on Friday, the 6th of January, opened its account with a decent rating of 3.8, but the show saw a great fall in its second episode with just a 1.9 TRP.

Maintaining its #1 position, Star Plus leads the race with 311 GEC ratings. Right behind Star plus is Sony TV with 236 points, followed by Colors with 213 points.

PS: The ratings are never dormant and there are unexpected changes every week. Let us see how the graph changes for the shows next week. Keep watching this space for more.

Compiled by Saranya Valsarajan

Faraan92 thumbnail

Little Magician Sparsh Khanchandani

Thursday, January 12, 2012 | 12:27:10 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    5 Comments
Little Magician Sparsh Khanchandani

Sparsh Khanchandani a magician indeed...

Sparsh Khanchandani aka Raashi of Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi is indeed a very talented kid. 

She has proved herself as a brilliant actor at a very young age. But guess what; acting is not the only talent this little girl possesses! At a time when every other kid thinks magic is a fantasy, Sparsh has already mastered the science of magic. 

The kid is a learned magician and has already put up number of magic shows in various parts of the country. 

Guess all the people who trouble Sparsh should stay away from her, she might make them disappear!!!

Faraan92 thumbnail

I have tried everything in my life: Shweta Tiwari

As Prerna of "Kasautii Zindagii Kay", TV actress Shweta Tiwari played so many shades of a woman's personality that she now finds it hard to accept most roles offered to her.

"I did so much in 'Kasautii...', and played so many shades of a woman in that one show, that when someone offers me a role, I feel I have already done it in 'Kasautii...'. So it is very difficult to convince me for a role," Shweta told. 

However, the 31-year-old admits it was an instant decision to give a nod to Sony's "Parvarish", in which she plays a simple mother. 

"When I got the script, and read it, I was ready to do the show. It is such a simple, true-to-life story, and I am sure this show will be a trendsetter for many such shows for future," she said.

Shweta earlier featured in fiction shows like "Jaane Kya Baat Hui" and "Naaginn", as well as reality shows like "Nach Baliye 2" and "Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao". She even participated in "Bigg Boss 4", and went on to become the first woman participant to win the show.

The actress, who is also active in the Bhojpuri film industry, is also keeping herself busy on the movie front. 

Recently she sizzled in an item number "Dil ka achar" in Bollywood film "Bin Bulaye Baraati" and is set to feature in more films too. She says involving herself into so many different things is what keeps her creativity on the go. 

"This is called doing different characters. This is called working in this industry. If you keep doing the same thing again and again, then it's like you are doing a nine-to-five job.

"I wanted to do different things, that's why I took part in dancing reality shows, singing reality shows, comedy reality show...that's why I did 'Kasautii...', 'Jaane Kya Baat Hui', I played a negative role in 'NaaginN'...and now I am playing this simple, non-glamorous mother in 'Parvarish'," said Shweta, who raises an 11-year-old daughter Palak, single-handedly. 

She says money is important, but not at the cost of the quality of her work. 

"I have tried everything in my life. Yes, I am an actor, I want to earn money, I want to have a particular budget coming home. But just to earn that money, I can't keep doing the same thing again and again. 

"I start getting frustrated and irritated soon. So I have to accept something which is close to my heart, and I enjoy working in. That's why I keep doing different things," she said.

Among Shweta's big screen projects is Indo-Pak movie "Sultanat" and she is also doing "Married to America" and "Gopal My Bro". In "Gopal My Bro", she will feature alongside actor Karanvir Bohra, who played her son in "Kasautii...".

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=52389

Faraan92 thumbnail

Ideal parenting? Many celebrities get it right

Updated on Thursday, January 12, 2012, 13:44
Views 102 Comments 0  
Ideal parenting? Many celebrities get it rightNew Delhi: He earns by the minute, yet superstar Shah Rukh Khan never compromises on quality time with his kids. Be it a bicycle ride or a game of soccer, he, like several celebrity parents these days, is always matching steps with his children - a quality others could imbibe, feel experts.

A considerable number of urban Indian kids are getting easily swayed by the lure of the Playstation, laptops, movies, internet, social networking and bowling alleys. But in the urge to spend more time with friends and technology, that crucial dialogue with parents is getting lost.

And that's not good.

"Whether a child has celebrity or non-celebrity parents, it doesn't make a difference on the parent-child relationship. Every parent and child have their own little bond. A parent-child relationship should be like a ball-and-socket joint -- they should fit in very well. Otherwise, it is a mark of bad parenting skill," child psychiatrist Samir Parikh told reporters.

Shah Rukh surprised all and sundry when he decided to step on to a Mumbai street with his daughter, Suhana, and a well-built bodyguard, for a cycle ride. He remained nonchalant about the eyeballs he grabbed on the streets, and played daddy cool for his little angel. As a parent, it was a rare, special moment for him.

"Taking daughter for a cycle ride in Bandra...hmmm, let's see how it turns out...a first for us," King Khan had tweeted before the ride, following which, he posted: "One of those days when I go through the emotions. Find myself wanting little pleasures. Cycling with Suhana was the highlight...need to do it more."

On a recent family trip to Dubai, he was out in the dunes having fun with his son Aryan and daughter Suhana, and even ended up hurting his ribs during some midnight soccer. But as long as the kids remained happy, he didn't mind!

Arjun Rampal, father to two lovely daughters, also indulges a lot. During the full moon Monday night, the actor was up on his terrace with a telescope, and treated his daughters to a faint view of its craters.

Even actress Pooja Bedi, who has been in the news for her 'Bigg Boss 5' association, planned a trip with her kids -- Aalia and Omar -- after her exit from the reality show to catch up on missed times.

"Had so much fun on the ski slopes with the kids today:). Love being the mom that does stuff with them, rather than watch from side," tweeted Pooja, a single mother.

Parikh says it is this attitude that's extremely important for the right growth of children, considering the distractions they have in these times of globalisation. 

"Parents need to accept that sitting down with kids and lecturing them about doing the right thing has never worked, and it will never work. It's time they understood the importance of being involved in the kids' lives. And by being involved, I do not mean to point towards knowing their subjects and marks, but a lot more...

"Parents should know the child's friends, what they like doing, and be abreast on things like the cartoons and animated characters the child likes. It helps a lot in strengthening the bond," he added.

Actress Shweta Tiwari, also a single mom, tries spending quality time with her 11-year-old daughter Palak, and says they share a friendly bond.

"I am a very friendly mom. I am a little strict with her, but not very," Shweta, who is seen as an overprotective mom in Sony's TV show 'Parvarish', told reporters.

However, she says there is no right or wrong mantra for parenting.

"I think we should just let the kids be. All you need to tell the kids is that 'These are the mistakes I made in my life, learn from them, don't repeat them. And you go and make your own mistakes.' As parents, we should talk freely with our kids and have fun with them, so that they don't fear conversations. Otherwise, it is very easy for them to stray away," she added.

Faraan92 thumbnail

Bahus bare it all

Small screen actresses like Juhi Parmar, Shweta Tiwari, Mona Singh and Roshni Choprahave moved to reality shows, revealing new aspects of their personality. They tell Divya Kaushik the format helps to break cliche images. And gets them diverse roles

For nearly seven years, Shweta Tiwari played the ideal small-screen daughter and perfect mom. The most important demand made of her, was to wail and maintain the pallu of her sparkling sari.

But Tiwari soon realised, that she was moving from her real self. She did not want people to constantly expect her to act and behave ten-years-older than she was. Then reality shows allowed her a new option.

Her latkas and jhatkas in a Bhojpuri dance reality show (as a judge), introduced her in a new light.

Then more reality shows and Bigg Boss 4 presented yet another image of her.

Today, Tiwari is known as a multifaceted actor. Her stint with reality TV helped maintain a foothold in the industry. She beamed, "Today, I am loaded with offers and scripts of a diverse range. My fans know that I can fit different characters. They also know my talent as an individual."

Tiwari is just one amongst many female actors on television today, who believe that reality shows gives them an opportunity to maintain a connect with the audience.

Mona Singh, Juhi Parmar, Roshni Chopra, Shweta Tiwari, or even Prachi Desai. We have many examples to prove that female leads on the small screen, are moving from the tested path. And they are working hard to change their typecast image.

The audience is more than glad to receive their shifting avatars.

Juhi Parmar's win in Bigg Boss season 5 is one example. The actor was loved for taking a stand. She said, "My fans helped prove to directors, that I suit a role." The actor claimed that she was offered parts in a daily soap after Kumkum. But she gained weight due to medical reasons. This was an issue with some directors. "But," she continued, "I knew I had talent to continue. And it was time to break the image that was created by my screen character."

She remarked, "I was sure the real Juhi would be more interesting for the audience thanKumkum. I was right. Reality shows like Bigg Boss, gave me confidence and opened doors for lucrative offers."

Parmar said, "TV is going through a phase, when elder actors get roles. This works in my favour." She is also looking forward to produce a show of her own.

Television actors have short shelf lives. It was believed their career ended, with the last episode of a popular daily soap. Take Smriti Irani. She was expected to do the same role on TV. But that did not happen.

Sakshi Tanwar went through a similar phase and gained popularity as Parvati bhabhi in Kahanii Ghar Ghar Ki. After Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Shweta Tiwari also faced hurdles.

Tiwari said, "There was a question, 'What next, after Kasautii'? I can't live as Prerna all my life. So I chose reality shows, to do comedy, dance, sing and become a part of the larger group."

Tiwari added, "The limitation with the small screen, is you are bound by one character.

"In your real life, you are expected to be the same. Breaking this image, was the biggest challenge I faced. I am glad that I got successful. Today, I opt for a mix of daily soaps as well as reality shows."

She asserted that even daily soaps she does, like Parvarish, are not the typical saas bahu sagas that she would have chosen if she had not opted for reality shows in the course of her career.

Ratan Rajput did Swayamvar on Imagine, to break the image of Lali in Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo. More than anything else, the change was needed to give fans a picture of what real Ratan was like. "I am an ordinary girl who hopes to marry the best person. I'm not into crying all the time. And thank God that people know it," she commented, with a wide grin.

On the flip side, it helps the directors and channels to rope in popular actors on reality shows. They said that, no matter what show it is, their presence helps.

Tiwari said, "It is fascinating for the audience to watch Dolly Bindra mouthing foul words. Or to gawp at Jassi, aka Mona Singh dancing to perfection. However rude an actor is in a reality show, he/she will still get fans. Look at Sky, (Akashdeeep Saigal). More fans means more popularity."

DL: http://www.dailypioneer.com/vivacity/35327-bahus-bare-it-all.html