Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Faraan92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Televisions Hottie's jump to 'Bolly Item Numbers'
Saturday, April 28, 2012 | 12:57:11 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    68 Comments

The television actors who have made it to the Big screen through their item numbers!
Like all even our television celebrities are enamoured by Bollywood stars and so also wish to act in Bollywood movies. And as we see there are many of the tellywoood celebs who have acted in Bollywood movies too, some as main leads, others as side artists – but what they are certainly famous for is the item numbers in the film!
We have seen smashing dance performance of the tv celebs like Shweta Tiwari, Barkha Bisht Sengupta and Shweta Salve , grooving the dance floor with their item numbers and entertaining the Big Screen viewers too.
Shakti Mohan recently did an item number in the movie Rowdy Rathore  and is just killing the viewers with her Latka's and jatka's and was also was spotted in the movie Tees Maar Khan!
And how can we forget hot sizzling item numbers by Veena Mallik and Gauhar Khan – Worthy of a mention and several comments!
Let's have a look on what had inspired them to take up Item Numbers:
Barkha Bisht- I have done item numbers in two films-' Rajneeti' and 'Chodo Kal Ki Baatein', the only thing that had inspired me was my love for Dance and when 'Saroj Khan' is your choreographer you just cannot miss the opportunity.Secondly, when you know you are in safe hands and there is nothing  to worry about, you end up giving your best.  Credit goes to Prakash Jha's 'Rajneeti', which today makes me feel proud as well as honoured that I was a part of super hit film 'Rajneeti'.
Shakti Mohan-As I am an dancer, doing an item number in movies is a great opportunity for me and my career. Working in a film with all leading actors and director was a dream come true! When Vishnu Deva called me up he was very sure I would do a great job as I am a dancer. It makes me more motivated and proud!

Shweta Salve-I love Dancing and I think I'm good at it, and that is what inspires me to take up item numbers in movies. If I get any offers for dancing, I would gladly take it up as it is always a great opportunity that lets me explore my love for Dance!

Eijaz Khan- I am a trained professional dancer and i love dancing! taking up item number's is an opportunity for my love-'Dance'. Item Numbers are very much in Demand but i don't do it for Fame sake but obviously for my Passion for Dance! my passion inspires me to dance-'item numbers'

Mukti Mohan-I have done Item Number in two films- 'Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster' and 'Hate Story'. I love Dancing and love doing Nautanki which an Item Number potrays and i love the whole feel of Item Numbers!

Reporter and Author-Krishma Solanki.

Faraan92 thumbnail
Rocky to yell and shout at Luckyji in Parvarrish

Tapasvi Mehta and Vivek Mushran

DJ's A Creative Unit's Parvarrish- Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi is currently churning out some sweet and peppy moments. We are now witnessing that Luckyji (Vivek Mushran) is visiting night school these days to get educated so that Rocky (Tapasavi Mehta) gets admission in an international college, as the minimum criteria in the college is that parents should at least be graduates.

Now, Luckyji is going to the same school where Rocky currently studies. In the coming episodes, Rocky will come to know about it and his friends will start teasing him. He will feel humiliated and on reaching school, will find his dad and start yelling at him. Luckyji will be left hurt and upset. Sweety will try to pacify the situation.

We contacted Tapasavi Mehta regarding the track, he said, "Yes, I will not like my father reading in the same school but can't comment anything further."
This particular sequence will go on air this week.

Faraan92 thumbnail

Different moms rule the television

Amrita Mulchandani, TNN | May 13, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Different moms rule the television
Shweta Tiwari with her onscreen daughter
Telly's moms are in a league of their own. They are sometimes no-nonsense, sometimes overbearing, or cloyingly protective. But they are also earth moms who fuss over their children. 

Here's a quick look at all those women who've made our soaps that much more dramatic and tearjerking! 

Earth Mom Rupali Ganguly aka Pinky Ahuja of Parvarrish - Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi takes great care of her children. But there are times when Ravee, Rashi and Sunny feel suffocated because of her over-the-top reactions to anything and everything. But they definitely love her. Rupali says, "The kind of love and emotions I share with these kids is awesome. Off-screen, all these kids fight with each other on who will call me mom. Sunny is the cutest child, I love him. Ravee is a mature girl - I love to share things with her. I take fashion tips from her. " 

Hitler Mom Hema Singh who plays Imarti Devi in Kairee - Rishta Khatta Meetha is a dominating and over-protective mom. Love and happiness of her children is important to her but she prefers to rule the house. Hema feels, "Sons should maintain a balance between their mom and wife. And if by any chance, my on screen sons will change, I will prevent them from doing so. I don't mind playing with emotions to get them on the right track. It's important to be strict but I'm not at all evil." 

My Mom , My Inspiration Being a single mom isn't easy, but Akansha Singh aka Mrs Megha Vyas in Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha makes it look like a cakewalk. She is always there for her kids Navika and Aditya - be it their studies, games or parties. Aakanksha says, "It feels great to be a mom on screen as it's totally a different experience. It is very challenging to emote the role of a mother. My on-screen and off-screen bonding with the kids is the same." 

Helicopter Mom Sweety Ahluwalia played by Shweta Tiwari in Parvarrish - Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi is someone most kids wouldn't want to have as their mom in real life. She is strict and a disciplinarian at her worst, most of the time. Her children mean everything to her and she believes in teaching them the right lessons. There are times when her kids get frustrated and rebel. Shweta says, "I have a different way to bring up my on and off screen kids. If my daughter Palak doesn't score good marks in exams, I don't shout at her. She's free to choose any career but she needs to complete her studies first." 

No- Nonsense Mom Neelu Vaghela swears by discipline. She plays the character of Santosh Arun Rathi (Bhabo) in Diya Aur Baati Hum. She makes sure that her son Suraj follows the rules. Santosh says, "I enjoy playing this character who has strong principles." 

Filmi Mom Talk about the moms who always pack parathas for their kids' lunch boxes, cry with their kids and lose sleep even when they are hurt slightly. Mona Singh who plays Mona Pradeep Singh in Kya Huaa Tera Vaada fits the bill perfectly. Mona says, "My on-screen kids have become like my extended family. The day I don't shoot with them, I feel as if I am missing out on something. It's difficult to play a mother, hence I closely observe my mom." 

Loving Mom Actor Swati Shah who plays the role of Hetal Chirag Modi in Saath Nibhaana Saathiya is a mother who stands by her son Jigar. Swati says, "Being a loving mother is not a one way process - the feelings between me and Jigar are mutual. It's fun to be with him. He leaves no stone unturned to keep me happy on and off the sets." 

Over Protective Mom Being a single mom, Kratika Senghar who plays Aarti/Arpita Sindhia in Punar Vivah - Zindagi Milegi Dobara is very protective and caring mom to Ansh. She never lets him go far away from her sight. She recently got married, yet she gives all her time to Ansh, rather than being with her new husband. She doesn't want Ansh to feel lonely, upset or angry anytime. Kratika says, "Ansh is very cute. He doesn't sit still even for a minute. He is very bindaas. I was exactly like this as a child. Spending time with him brings back so many childhood memories. Since most of his scenes are with me, I get to pamper and spoil him on the sets." 

#

Faraan92 thumbnail

Karaan Singh to play a negative character in Parvarrish!

Monday, May 21, 2012 | 1:43:49 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    24 Comments
Karaan Singh to play a negative character in Parvarrish!

Karaan Singh will soon enter Parvarrishh and will play a negative character who will be the kingpin of kidnapping in Delhi…

Karaan Singh who was last seen last seen in Maryaada Lekin Kab Tak? and known best for his portrayal of Gaurav's gay partner in the show will soon enter in a different look in Sony TV's Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi

According to our source, "Karaan will play the character of Firdaus Isabi, a negative character who is deep into extortion ring and any kidnapping in Delhi, Firdaus has his share in it. The children will place a prank call and will dial Firdaus's number. They will tell him that they have kidnapped someone and they need money. This is how they will get stuck in Firdaus's trap. But,later on it will be revealed that Firdaus is an undercover cop. " 

We contacted Karaan who told Tellybuzz, " It's an interesting character, a cameo role which is very important and I will be playing an Haryanwi character which I couldn't play in Maryaada. The story is a lesson to children not to place prank call."

Reporter - Ranjini Nair
Author - Medha Parashar

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/11821-karaan-singh-to-play-a-negative-character-in-parvarrish.htm
Faraan92 thumbnail

Prime time's new name game

Amrita Mulchandani, TNN | Jun 6, 2012, 04.10PM IST
Prime time's new name game
A still from Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
How does that extra 'a' or 'n' as a suffix add to a show title? Lots. While Tellywood has seen showmakers embracing many stratagems to grab more eyeballs for their respective shows, creative brainstorming — so far as show's nomenclature goes, the television industry is leaving no stone unturned to think about all possible measures. One way is to think what the numbers add up to. The end result — show titles where numerology rules.

While numerology has become quintessential for people in all walks of life, showbiz is resorting to naming shows with the help of numerology. The way show names are getting different and interesting spellings makes the 'name game' all the more interesting. But the million rupee question remains as to what extent does a show benefit from this. For that matter, does it really help in making the show a success? Does it help in creating positive vibes on the sets?

Sample this. Shows like Yahaaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli, Byaah Humari Bahoo Ka, Ek Doosre Se Karte Hain Pyaar Hum, Parvarrish — Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi, Kya Huaa Tera Vaada, Bade Achhe Laggte Hai, Saas Bina Sasuraal, Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?, Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya, Hamari Saass Leela, Balika Vadhu — Kacchi Umar Ke Pakke Rishte, Parichay — Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka, Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah et al are among shows to have embraced numerology in show titles.

Producer Asit Kumar Modi of Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah and Hamari Saass Leelasays, "Numerology is science and if applied properly, it can be beneficial. I believe in it, but don't follow it blindly. It has definitely brought in positive atmosphere on the sets among the entire cast/crew. When the technical team and actors are happy, it reflects in the results, which are always good."

Producer Pearl Grey of Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya says, "I believe in numerology. But I don't consider it when it comes to my show titles. There was a time when all my shows started with 'C', but it has changed."

Do titles based on numerology really help grabbing more TRPs? "Shows are not successful because of numerology, but because of the content, says Asit adding, "Good content that the audience relates to, always works well," says Asit.

Creative director, Chloe Ferns of Kya Huaa Tera Vaada says, "We check if the title will work for us or not. We don't have a fixation with any alphabet. 'K' was there, but now that has vanished from our production house. Everyone checks the title of the shows with the astrologers and so do we, but we don't add alphabets because of numerology."

Sometimes, popular belief acts as a catalyst in the creative thought process. As producer Deeya Singh of Parvarrish — Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi says, "I don't believe in numerology at all. However, sometimes there are people around me who believe in it and their viewpoint is respected as we choose to apply the same it in titles."

Producer Aatish Kapadia of Byaah Humari Bahoo Ka and Ek Doosre Se Karte Hain Pyaar Hum says, "Titles should be phonetically right and suitable to the content."Titles, according to Deeya got to be apt. "Titles have to be apt as they help to market the show. They need to signify what the story is all about in a gist," says Deeya. Agrees Chloe, who says, "We write the story first and then pick the best title. It is vital for the title to have a summary of the show concept."

At the same time, Pearl says, "Titles aren't important. A show is successful because of its content. Once the show reaches at the peak, no one thinks about the title. If the show clicks with the audience, nothing else matters."

Faraan92 thumbnail

Rocky and Sweety to expose paper leak scandal in Parvarrish

Currently in DJ's A Creative Unit's show Parvarrish- Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi on Sony Entertainment Television, viewers are witnessing the sequence wherein Rocky (Tapasavi Mehta) and Ravee (Anchal Munjal) are taking their exams. Now, exams are always a critical part of any young boy or girl's life and in order to get good marks, students resort to fair as well as unfair means.

In the show, one of Rocky's friends will happen to be weak in studies and will be unable to focus on lessons due to family problems. Rocky will decide to help him out.

Now, there will be some people who will leak question papers and distribute it amongst the students. Rocky will also get a copy of a question paper, and Sweety (Shweta Tiwary) will learn about it and get annoyed.

Rocky will explain that he is not at fault and is not involved in the paper leak scandal.

Sweety will then tell Rocky to inform about the leak to the principal and eradicate corruption from the system.

When contacted Tapasavi Mehta he confirmed the news 

and said, "Yes there will be some issues related to paper leak but I cannot reveal further as to what will happen."

This particular episode will go on air this week.

Faraan92 thumbnail
Parvarrish set converted into an ice cream parlour
  Email   Print

Chocolates and ice-creams are best friends of children and this has been proved time and again. But for the first time, kids on the sets of Sony Entertainment's Parvarrish -Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi were given a chance to relish their favourite ice creams right on the set, when the set was into an ice cream parlor.

On the show the kids namely- Sunny, Raashi and Ginny were seen having ice creams worth about Rs. 900, but in real life the three had ordered for ice creams worth Rs 1500. And in a few minutes only, the three slurped them down. This came as a shock to their on-screen mothers Shweta Tiwari and Rupali Ganguly.

Kudos to these super kids, who could actually gulp down so many ice creams without affecting their health.

Link :

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/ENT-parvarrish-set-converted-into-an-ice-cream-parlour-3405347.html

Faraan92 thumbnail

The little stars of Parvarish scream for Ice-Cream!

Friday, June 15, 2012 | 5:13:00 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    33 Comments
The little stars of Parvarish scream for Ice-Cream!

How are the Parvarish Kids' welcoming the monsoons?

With monsoons knocking on the door, it is time for people to crave for their rainy specialties. Some plan to have hot pakoras to enjoy monsoons, while some gorge yummy samosas.

Children are said to be innovative and so is the team of Parvarrish: Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi. While people love to have hot food during monsoons, the kids of Parvarish are screaming for ice cream.

The little stars of the show Sunny (Rakshit Wahi), Raashi (Sparsh Khanchandani), and Ginny (Aashika Bhatia) ordered ice cream worth Rs. 1500 on the sets and finished them off within minutes. Everyone on the sets especially their on screen moms; Shweta Tiwari and Rupali Ganguly were surprised to see the consumption of the kids. But none of them heard the kids complaining about it. Well, the kids found a perfectly chilly way to welcome the monsoon season.

How are you planning to enjoy it?

Author: Anwesha Kamal

Faraan92 thumbnail

Parvarrish...takes up the educational issue

Seema Sinha, TNN | Jun 25, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Parvarrish...takes up the educational issue
A still from Parvarrish — Kucch Khattee Kuchh Meethi
The ongoing sequence in Parvarrish — Kucch Khattee Kuchh Meethi, talks about the 'faulty' education system, the paper leak scandal, and how in today's highly competitive environment parents fall into the trap of coaching classes to ensure that their children are not left behind in the rat race.

Shweta Tiwari, whose daughter Palak is in Class V, feels very strongly about the issue. "Teachers and school authorities these days assume that all children go for tuition, so they don't pay much attention. As a result, the minority who don't take tuition suffer. Finally parents give in to the pressure which happened with us, too. Palak got petrified when they started teaching three-four chapters simultaneously. I had to start sending her for tuition as I am busy with work. This is very wrong. Irrespective of whether students are attending coaching classes or not, teachers should perform their duty well," asserts Shweta. 

Adds Tapasvi Mehta, who plays Shweta's son in the show and has just cleared HSC exam, "Nobody cares whether we understand what we are being taught, they just want us to mug up the lines."

Rupali Ganguly, who also plays a mother in the show, could relate to the sequence completely as she had faced a similar situation when in college. "During my HSC exams there were rumours of paper leakage. I was very studious but I was tempted for a moment and told my mom that I can get the paper for ' 500. She was furious and told me to study well and earn the marks. But many students got the papers and I felt bad that I studied so hard yet the others were at an advantage. Even as I was a good student but somewhere you lose faith in the system," says Rupali.

Watch Parvarrish — Kucch Khattee Kuchh Meethi at 9.30 pm on Sony EntertainmentTelevision. 

Faraan92 thumbnail
  • 27 Jun 2012
  • Hindustan Times (Mumbai)
  • —Kavita Awaasthi

'I love the Dinner Dash game'

1. What's your dream phone?

I don't have a dream phone. I was in love with the iPhone. Now that I have it, I don't want to lose it.

2. An app you can't live without?

It's a game. I love all dash games — Dinner Dash, Wedding Dash. I can't live without them.

3. You use your phone for?

I check emails, upload videos, pictures and visit YouTube.

4. Ringtone that irritates you the most these days?

Each and every ringtone irritates me. So I keep my phone on silent mode all the time.

5. What do you wish your phone could do?

I wish my phone turned into a video when I called someone so that I could see the person.