Users

Frequent Posters

Faraan92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

TV Stars shining in commercials!

Saturday, May 05, 2012 | 9:24:34 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)    160 Comments
TV Stars shining in commercials!

Tellybuzz tried to find out about the Tv stars who have made their mark in the world of advertisement!

Indian Television industry has witnessed a rapid growth in the last decade and so has our TV celebs popularity making them household names. Advertisers are keen on featuring them on for their brands as TV actors have an instant connect and great recall value with the targetted consumer i.e. common man as they watch them in daily soaps.  Compared to Bollywood actors they turn out be economical too.

Tellybuzz tries to find out the television stars whom we recognize as a brand name in the world of advertisements. 

Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi's Sweety Ahluwalia aka Shweta Tiwari has made her mark by aligning herself with famous brands like Johnsons & Johnsons, Reebonn Shampoo, Dabur Anmol hair oil.

Hussain Kuwajerwala who was seen playing important roles in different television shows, has also seen doing commercials for different brands like Vim Drops, Harpic, United Pressure Cooker, 10paisa.com. 

Gaurav khannaGaurav Khanna, whom we have seen in some of the popular Tv shows like Love Ne Milla Di Jodi, Dil Se Diya Vachan, Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam, etc. has also left his footprints in the world of advertisements. You might have seen Gaurav promoting some of the reputed brands like Tata Venture, Windows mobile, Dinesh Suitings, Gellette, etc. on screen. Gaurav Khanna feels that, "We get a very good change when we do advertisements. It's just like a fast food and a daily soap is just like a staple food." Among all the other ads Gaurav has done so far, Dinesh Suitings and Yamaha Alba ads are his favorite.  

Yami Gautam, who was recently seen in the Tv show Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam on colors and the recently released movie Vicky Donor, has also done lots of Tv commercials. We have seenYami Gautam in ads like Mirinda with Bollywood actress Asin, KFC coffee; Fair & Lovely face wash, & Dinesh Suitings and the latest being Samsung Mobile.

Mansi Parekh who portrayed the lead in Star Plus show Gulaal, is a known face in the world of advertisements, as she has done ads for Stayfree, Big Bazaar, HDFC Bank, Canara Bank, Tanishq being just some of them.

Smriti Zubin Irani, popularly known as Tulsi of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, has promoted reputed brands like Coke, Aquasure, World Gold Council, Star Salt and many more on screen.

The Choti bahu of television Avika Gor, who had made her remarkable identity as young Anandi of Balika Vadhu led her towards bagging commercials for some known brands. We have seenAvika Gor promoting brands like Clinic Plus, Pukhraj Jasmin Oil, Aqua Pure water filter, Raja biscuits and much more.   

Hina Khan aka Akshara of Ye Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai has also left an indelible mark on the commercial space with ads like Red Label, Apsara Tea Gold, Dulux Paints and many more.

Raj singh aroraRaj Singh Arora aka Yuvi of Remix has made his remarkable presence in the field of tv ads. Raj who has done 30-35 ads including Tvs Scooty, Samsung Guru Mobile, Reliance Big Tv, Mountain Dew, Mc Donald's, Nestle Munch, Wheel Detergent, Maruti Ritz, etc. enjoys doing advertisements. When contacted Raj to know about his experience in doing advertisements he said, "Doing advertisements is fun. We have best directors and cinematographers. We get a 30 second story which also gets added to our portfolio. The field of advertisements includes high quality work and people, which makes advertisements fun to shoot for." Talking about his favorite ad among all he as has done so far, he shared Maruti Suzuki Ritz ad as his favorite one because the he got an opportunity to shoot with a director of Denmark and his look was very simple and real in the advertisement.  

Saakshi Tanwar who plays Priya in Bade Acche Lagte Hai has promoted brands like Boroline, Kelloggs Cornflakes, Vim Dish washing Bar, etc. and now people fondly relate her with these brands.

Anuj Sachdeva who had acted in Sabki Laadli Bebo and was also there in MTV Roadies 3, was also seen doing commercials for The Week, Gillette, Ponds, Fair & Lovely Max Fairness are just some of them.

This is not the end of this list; there are many other names that have left their footprints in the world of commercials. For some stars, commercials have worked like a launch pad for them and for some, commercials have added a boost to their stardom. Tv celebrities have great fan followings & their fans love watching them promoting brands on screen. 

Reporter and Author: Anwesha Kamal

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/creative-cocktail/11712-tv-stars-shining-in-commercials.htm

Faraan92 thumbnail

Shweta Tiwari and Jay Soni to host Sab Ke Anokhe Awards!

Thursday, June 28, 2012 | 2:52:01 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    53 Comments
Shweta Tiwari and Jay Soni to host Sab Ke Anokhe Awards!

The upcoming Sab Ke Anoke Awards will be hosted by Shweta Tiwari and Jay Soni

The popular comedy entertainment channel SAB TV is coming up with its 'Sab Ke Anokhe Awards' event very soon which will be dedicated to the popular characters of the shows of the channel.

Latest we hear is that Shweta Tiwari who is currently playing the role of Sweety Ahluwalia in Sony tv's show Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi and Jay Soni who was last seen playing the role of Ishaan in Star Plus's show Sasural Genda Phool will be seen hosting this awards event.

We spoke to Jay Soni who told that, "Hosting Sab Ke Anokhe Awards was a superb experience for me. The script was mind-blowing and I had a nice rapport with Shweta. Shweta Tiwari was not able to read the teleprompter and as a result, we had to memorize our scripts."  

The event is already done and the channel will be telecasting this awards event on 15th July.  

Reporter: Ranjini Nair
Author: Anwesha Kamal

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/12113-shweta-tiwari-and-jay-soni-to-host-sab-ke-anokhe-awards.htm
Faraan92 thumbnail

How can Raja demand alimony from me: Shweta Tiwari

Seema Sinha, TNN | Jun 28, 2012, 12.00AM IST

Shweta Tiwari, best known for her role in Kasautii Zindagi Kay and currently seen in Parvarish, prefers to keep a low-profile. 

That's because her personal life has constantly been under scrutiny, with her turbulent marriage to Raja Chaudhary and separation being in the news. Here, she talks about work, life with boyfriend actor Abhinav Kohli and more...

There were rumours of you marrying Abhinav Kohli...
Why would there be 'rumours' of marriage? If I am openly saying I am dating Abhinav, why would I hide my marriage. Who would I fear? In that case, I would have hidden my relationship, na?

How is it going with him?
We are together most of the time. He drops in on my set and sometimes I visit him during his shoot.

When do you hope to tie the knot?
Not so soon. My divorce has not come through yet. Raja is troubling me for the house. Even if I decide to give him one of the two houses I own... this profession is very unpredictable. I have a daughter to look after. What if I am not working tomorrow? How do I give her a good education, a good future? I need an asset. It is not easy to buy property in Mumbai. And he has not done anything for her. His ancestors also have property, but he doesn't give his daughter anything, not even chocolates. Why can't he do some work? He is not an old man. Why is he demanding alimony from me? I heard that he wanted his daughter. He says these things only to appear in media reports. Come to my house and say that you want your daughter... but he isn't doing that. Just raving and ranting in front of the camera doesn't help, take some action.Bakwaas karta hai...

So, obviously, the relationship with Raja is not a cordial one?
No, we are not in touch with each other. Whenever he comes (at around 2.30-3 am, he is in a drunken state. He screams, shouts, does a lot of drama while standing near the society gate. How can I let him meet my daughter in this condition? She gets scared. Come during the day, sit and chat with her, take her out. But he is completely sloshed, he can't even speak properly. I have stopped reacting. In 2008, looking at his condition, the court had ordered that he can't meet Palak at all. But in spite of that, I let him talk to her. And if he wants to come home and meet her, he can do so in a decent manner. Let him do all the bakwaas. Some newspapers published that Shweta Tiwari is not letting him meet his daughter...I don't care what they say, my daughter's safety, mental state and health are my primary concerns.

How does your daughter react?
She doesn't say much, she is too young to react.

Does she gel with Abhinav?
She is very happy being with him.

You seem to be in a happier space today...
Yes, now I don't have to think what will happen when I reach home. I am so happy that I don't want to go back or discuss Raja anymore. I think I have forgiven him for what all he did and I want him to have his own life but the way things are going I feel even after divorce he will keep harassing me.

What difference do you notice on TV since your Kasautii Zindagii Kay days?
It used to be very hectic during the Kasautii... days as scenes were shot cut to cut, even now it is cut to cut but due to the Cine & TV Artistes' Association (CINTAA) rules and strike some time back life has got a bit sorted. Now, when the shift gets extended CINTAA guys come in...9am to 9pm is a very comfortable time for all of us. Working hours have reduced and we don't shoot all 30 days a month.

What about your Bollywood dream?
If I get something good, I will do it. I get offers, but I don't know why suddenly after that showIss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao, I was being offered all raunchy roles. Raunchy is still fine but when it goes out of hand, it's a no no. Thank god I left that TV show within a week.

Raja on the alimony allegation
The two flats belong to both of us and I am just asking for my right. I am not demanding any alimony from Shweta. She is just trying to degrade me.

Faraan92 thumbnail

I am waiting for the next challenging role: Shweta Tiwari

Published: Friday, Jun 29, 2012, 9:22 IST 
By Chaya Unnikrishnan | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA
 Shweta Tiwari

Shweta Tiwari, talks about her loudPunjaban act in her current show, whichis getting attention.

Your role as the loud Punjabi mom in Parrvarish has struck a chord with the viewers. Is it easy portraying one?
Now it is, but initially it was very difficult. Usually, my style of acting is subtle, so being a loud woman didn't come easy to me. HoweverDiya (producer Diya Singh) was confident and even I paid attention to details. I watched Kabhie KhushiKabhie Ghum to see how Kajol had essayed a similar role and Dostanawhere Kirron Kher had done it, just to get a hang of it.

You are playing a mother of two children in the serial. What appealed to you about the role?
The serial is basically about two women, who bring up their children in different ways. While my characterSweety is a strict disciplinarian, Pinky (Rupali Ganguly) believes in pampering her children, which I thought was interesting. As for playing a mother, it doesn't really matter because in my first serialKasauti Zindagi Kay, I have played a mother to actors older than me! I even played a grandmother in it. As long as the role is challenging, it does not matter what I am playing.

So, how are you as a mother in real life, strict or lenient?
A mixture of both (smiles). I am strict when my daughter (Palak) doesn't complete her homework or frollicks in the rain. Otherwise, I pamper her so much that she is the one, who gets sick of it!

You have participated in several reality shows and even emerged as the winner of one (Bigg Boss). Are you game for more?
Why not? Reality shows give you a chance to be yourself. You are at your natural best. Plus, the competition is challenging.

There was this show Mujhe Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao that you had left midway...
Yes, I had my reasons for it.

Was it because a hue and cry was raised about the bathing scenes in the show?
Actually, when we were there, I had no clue what was being shown and what was not.

What kind of a role would you like to play now?
I think I played every shade a character can offer in Kasauti Zindagi Kay, including a ghost! Now, I need a good offer with a challenging role to perform.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_i-am-waiting-for-the-next-challenging-role-shweta-tiwari_1708115

Faraan92 thumbnail

Women not playing diverse roles on TV: Shweta Tiwari

Monday, July 02, 2012 | 9:57:58 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)    5 Comments
Women not playing diverse roles on TV: Shweta Tiwari

She enjoyed being the favourite next-door-girl in "Kasautii Zindagii Kay", the first female winner of reality show"Bigg Boss" and now a strict mom in "Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meeth". But Shweta Tiwari feels women do not

shweta tiwari

She enjoyed being the favourite next-door-girl in "Kasautii Zindagii Kay", the first female winner of reality show"Bigg Boss" and now a strict mom in "Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi". But Shweta Tiwari feels women do not get to play diverse roles in TV shows.

"What I see is that women are not portraying too many characters or shades on screen. They are playing sweet, simple and nice roles. That is the only thing they do until they play a negative role," Shweta told IANS.

"If you see 'Balika Vadhu' she is the same. 'Byaah Hamari Bahu Ka' is also the same. If you see any other show, all the leads look identically the same. No one is doing anything different," she said.

However, Shweta feels that her character of Sweety in "Parvarrish..." is true to real life and has all the shades of life.

"Sweety is at times mean and selfish but at times she has her own rules. She will not do wrong to you but will also not let anyone do wrong to her. Such characters are real characters, which are not shown on television any more. It is there in Bollywood, but no one likes them in this industry (television). I think this change should be there."

The 31-year-old was also part of the reality show "Bigg Boss 4" and when asked if there is an overdose of reality, Shweta feels otherwise.

"I think there was an overdose of reality shows, but now it is less. Now there are just a few selected ones left which have established themselves; and if people need fiction then they also need reality. I guess there is 'Big Boss', 'Dance India Dance' and shows like 'Indian Idol'. The rest of them have fizzled out.

"Earlier, there used to be so many, like 'Kitchen King' and 'Chote Miya'."

"Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi" has been dealing with parenting and the educational system. Shweta says parents have become more flexible now as compared to earlier.

"What I feel is that people have become more cool now. In our times, we were told to learn and mug up. We were told to become doctors and engineers. However, that is not the case now. People want to go for international learning. They know that their children have to do something. People don't look at marks but at how much children know," said Shweta, who has a daughter, Palak.

The actress, who is seeking divorce from her husband Raja Chaudhary, has a word of advice for parents.

"Parents should understand if their child will be able to fight with the problems that will come in future or not. They should prepare their kids to face problems," Shweta said.

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/12141-women-not-playing-diverse-roles-on-tv-shweta-tiwari.htm#3633940

Mohit_monaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

Board exams, chaos and accident prevail in Parvarrish

DJ's A Creative Unit's Parvarrish on Sony Entertainment Television will see some exciting sequences in the coming episodes. Like every parent who gets worried when their child takes the board exams, Sweety (Shweta Tiwari) is also a concerned mother as her son Rocky (Tapasvi Mehta) is not concentrating in his studies.

And viewers, the upcoming episodes will bring tears in your eyes.

Rocky will oversleep and will get late for his exams while his mother, on the other hand, will ask Rocky to seek blessings from God. Soon after he finishes his breakfast, a confused Rocky leaves for his exams without his hall ticket. On reaching the venue, Rocky yells at his mother, who accompanied him till his school, as he feels that because of her, he forgot his hall ticket. To sort out issues, Sweety will rush back home and collect the hall ticket. She will try to get back to the examination venue and on the way will meet with an accident. She will faint but before that will hands over the ticket to a man who will happen to be a Radio Jockey (RJ).

Furthermore, the RJ tells Rocky that his mom couldn't come as she was caught up with some work. After exams, when Rocky's father Lucky (Vivek Mushran) comes to pick him, Rocky enquires about his mother, his father tells him that she is out at his Nana's place. Next day, Rocky gets to know that her mother met with an accident while listening to the radio and the one who came to give the hall ticket was an RJ.

Shattered and disappointed Rocky decides not to give his exams but later on after his mother persuades him over the phone, he appears for his exams. When he meets his mother at a later stage, he realises that he shouldn't have been so harsh on her. He also feels that in some way or the other he is responsible for her accident."

When we contacted Tapasvi to know about the track, he confirmed the news and said, "Through the sequence I have learnt that we shouldn't panic too much and not blame our parents." 

Faraan92 thumbnail

Shweta and Jay turn hosts

TNN | Jul 7, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Shweta and Jay turn hosts
Shweta Tiwari and Jay Soni
TV actors Shweta Tiwari and Jay Soni will be seen hosting SAB TV's upcoming award show. 

An excited Jay Soni says, "It was a thrillingexperience as for the first time we had anchored the show without using a teleprompter. My co-host Shweta was so spontaneous while anchoring the show which made our chemistry more rocking."

Shweta Tiwari adds, "For the first time audience will get to see me and Jay doing stand up anchoring."Everybody thought it would be a serious ceremony but all the fun started when Jay started taking digs at Shweta by calling her aunty which left everyone stunned. Both the actors even performed to "Auntyji Auntyji" from "Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu".

The award function will also feature a variety of musical parodies, dance acts by popular artists from the channel, stand up performances by Kapil Sharma and Atul Parchure, musical acts by popular singers and interactive entertainment acts.

Watch Jay Soni and Shweta Tiwari in " SAB Ke Anokhe Awards" at 8 pm on July 15 on SAB TV.

Edited by Faraan_4_Shweta - 11 years ago
Faraan92 thumbnail
Vacation time after exam to de-stress in Parvarrish!

6 hours ago
There were lots of stress and worries rolling during the period of board exam, but now the dark clouds are gone away to make a place for happiness and merriment of rainbow. The parents and children of Ahluwalia andAhuja family in Sony' Parvarrish are in full mood to de-stress after hectic exams and hve planned out a long healthy vacation in NigariVillage.

And the upcoming track will focus on the importance of students' need to reduce the emphasis. Viewers will see some adventure and sporty moments in the show where Lucky Singh (Vivek Mushran) will plan a holiday in Nigari Village, at Singrauli Districtin Madhya Pradesh. The Ahluwalis and Ahujas will go together but the area will be entirely rural. The kids will be disappointed as they would be under the impression that the place would be posh and urban.

According to the source, Lucky Singh had decided to give a rural experience to their kids and to show them India's real cohorts. But with a twist in the story the environment will come as a shocker for Ginni (Aashika Bhatia), Rocky (Tapasvi Mehta), Sweety (Shweta Tiwari), Pinky (Rupali Ganguly) and Sunny (Rakshit Wahi). Only Lucky and Jeet (Vishal Singh) will love the ambience. However, rest of the gang will detest the rural set up and the smell of gobar (cow dung). 

But with passing time, kids will also get acclimatized and have fun in the picnic. 

Edited by Faraan_4_Shweta - 11 years ago
Faraan92 thumbnail

Vivek Mushran and Vishal Singh enjoying bachelorhood

Seema Sinha, TNN | Jul 11, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Vivek Mushran and Vishal Singh enjoying bachelorhood
A still from the show
The two bachelors in Sony TV's Parvarrish — Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi — Vivek Mushranand Vishal Singh seem to be enjoying their freedom. "Some people prefer staying single and it is not because they don't want to take responsibility," says Vivek.

With the exception of Shweta Tiwari who has found love and is currently dating actor Abhinav Kohli, the rest of the three protagonists including Rupali Ganguly are single. And both men constantly target the actress who finds her pet dogs better companion than men. "Even if she sees Hollywood star Tom Cruise with his dog, she will go to the dog and not Tom," jokes Vivek. "Women these days find dogs more loyal, what to do?" sigh Vivek and Vishal.