Dekha Ek Khwaab

DEK- Articles Archive

aish. thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hello!
You will find all the articles regarding the show and it's characters right here.
Have fun,
Aishwarya! :)
Edited by MiniMouse810 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aish. thumbnail

'Dekha ek Khwaab' not inspired by 'The Princess Diaries'

Mumbai, Nov 5 (IANS) "Dekha Ek Khwaab" is not inspired by 2001 Hollywood movie "The Princess Diaries", said the producer of the show, adding that the original concept will not appeal to the Indian audience.

"The show is not at all inspired by 'The Princess Diaries'. I wish we could do that but I don't think that would have appealed to Indian people. 'The Princess Diaries' was just a concept and showed the transformation of a simple girl into a princess. But in India, audience needs lots of character-based roles and many other things that supports the concept. This is what we have tried to present through 'Dekha Ek Khwaab'," producer Shristhi told IANS.

"Dekha Ek Khwaab", directed by Anil V. Kumar, will go on air on Sony Nov 21. It will start once "Kaun Banega Crorepati 5" is wrapped up.

"Dekha Ek Khwaab" is the story of an ordinary girl called Monia, played by Priyal Gor, whose suddenly finds herself becoming the princess of a royal family of Devgarh.

Aroona Irani, who is playing Rajmata Mrinalini Devi in it, finds the show different from regular Saas-Bahu soaps.

"In the past few years, I have done roles which were more vampish and negative but this role has so many edges that I was not able to say no. I loved the way Mrinalini Devi portrays elegance, charm and glamour without being overboard," Irani told IANS.

The show will see Shahbaaz Khan, best known for his role in "Tipu Sultan", after a gap.

"I think there are many things in 'Dekha Ek Khwaab', which makes it different from other shows. From channel to production and team, everyone gave their best to make it a successful and must-watch show and this is what will make it different from other prevailing shows," he said.
aish. thumbnail
Sony TV's soon to be launched daily 'Dekha Ek Khwaab' looks powerful and interesting. The show which is loosely based on the novel 'Princess Dairy' will see Abhishek Rawat fondly known as Shekhar of Zee TV's Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo playing the male lead opposite Priyal Gor in the show.

Talking about his character Abhishek shares, "I will be essaying the character of Akash, who is a self made man and has dreams to become big one day. Accordingly, he starts his journey and one day he gets what he wants. He stays in a chawl but is very ambitious and with his hard work he gets successful. Therefore with his hard work, he owns a flat and works at a shopping mall."

With a central character in hand, how does he make time for his other show Mann Ki Awaaz Pratigya? "Now I am comfortable doing both the shows at one time so managing both is not very difficult," confesses the actor.

Well Abhishek, we wish you all the luck for your new venture!

Reporter:Tejashree Bhopatkar
Author:Megha Bissa

Arziya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 8

Priyal's Dekha Ek Khwaab

Priyal's Dekha Ek Khwaab

Model-turned-actor Priyal Gor is indignant. "I have not seen the Princess Diaries. The basic concept of the serial Dekha Ek Khwaab is the transformation of an ordinary girl into a princess. Maybe there is some similarity with the film. But I don't think anyone can make a daily soap out of a two-hour film," she adds. Be that as it may, Priyal is hoping that the serial will break the jinx in her career. She's been a successful model but hasn't found the going quite so smooth in serials.

"You can't predict the future. Success and failure are in your destiny. But Dekha Ek Khwaab should work because it is not a typical daily soap," she goes on hopefully. Priyal was on a longish break from TV after her last show Ammaji Ki Gali went off air. "I was out of station when I got a call from the producer for this serial. I told them to mail me the script and I sent them a video of my audition. Then I heard from them that I was doing the serial," she smiles happily. She discloses a little about the character she plays in the show. Priyal says, "Monia is a simple girl who lives in a chawl and likes a boy who lives nearby called Akash. She dreams of becoming a princess and her dream comes true when she finds she's the long-lost daughter of a royal family." She adds some more details. "Actually she was kidnapped as a child. Once that gets revealed, Monia's life gets a complete makeover."

What happens to her love interest? "I really don't know whether and when Akash will come back into Monia's life," she says vaguely. Priyal accepted the role since she found the character simple and innocent. "I didn't want to play a hot babe or a typical bahu. Monia is a simple girl. I can easily identify with her," she says. Clarifying that she was not replaced in her debut show Ram Milayi Jodi but left of her own accord, Priyal says it was a mutual decision between her and the producer. "I had a problem with the producer. There were too many issues between us," she said.

Arziya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 8

Dekha Ek Khwaab: Muniya to get a makeover a la Jassi

Troubles have not yet ended for the Rajmata even though they have now found her long-lost grand daughter

Aruna Irani, who is not only acting in but also producing Dekha Ek Khwaab, is excited about the show's progress and the ratings its been getting. The story has finally reached the point that was advertised in its promo before it started. When Rajmata Mrinalini Devi (Aruna Irani) first heard that her missing grand daughter Maanyata (Priyal Gour) has been found, she was "extremely happy". She was eager to bring her home. Now it seems this story is not going to have a happy ending any time soon. Maanyata aka Muniya is distraught at being separated from the man she has always thought of as her father. Rajkumari Maanyata had been kidnapped by Murari when she was just a kid. He raised her as his own child and Muniya too loved him as her father, totally unaware of her actual ancestry. Even though Rajmata tells her the truth, she is still not ready to believe that she is actually a princess. She continues to revolt and Rajmata is forced to lock her up in a room. All you viewers out there already know that Muniya is bound to accept the truth soon. That's not a spoiler. What we've heard, however, is that Muniya will be seen in a new avatar. The Rajmata is too embarrassed to present Maanyata in her current avatar to the whole world as the long-lost princess, so she will see to it that her granddaughter gets a makeover. Muniya will start sporting modern day regal clothing – designer jeans, shirts, lehenga cholis, salwar kameezes that befit a princess. A new haircut and a better sense of make up have also been planned. Remember how Jassi in Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin too had a makeover? Those hideous glasses, outfits and horrible fringe were all removed so the pretty face underneath could be revealed. Dekha Ek Khwaab too is taking that route, though much earlier in the story line compared to Jassi. Of course, all this also means Muniya will have to face jealousy from her own sister, Jaynandini. Aruna Irani confirms that a lot of sibling rivalry is in store and Rajmata has decided how to handle it, but Aruna is not willing to reveal the plot line. "You have to watch the show," she smiles.

Dekha Ek Khwaab airs weekdays at 8.45pm on Sony

-Rema- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

A dull fairy tale that needs rescue

• December 10, 2011 
  • By Nayare Ali
A dull fairy tale that needs rescue

Dekha Ek Khwab derives its inspiration from a hackneyed plot.

This is a Princess Diary meets Cinderella mishmash with a silver pair of heels (to replace the glass slipper) thrown in. The princess or rather yuvrani Manyata has been kidnapped by the family retainer, Murari Lal, when she was three years old. Now why did Murari turn namak haram is yet to be revealed. So Manyaata (Priyal Gor) is brought up as Muniya, the daughter of a watchman!

While her sister, the haughty Jaynandini is not a cutie but rather a foul-tempered diva who throws tantrums as if they were towels! She is the princess of Devgarh with a natural pout, is heavily made up and dressed in tacky outfits. For her, marriage is a business deal between families, which is why she agrees to marry a rich commoner despite not being in love with him. It doesn't really matter who this character is for he will probably make his disappearance soon enough as a new plot emerges.

Manyata was betrothed to Yuvraj Udayveer (Ashish Kapoor) during their childhood but since there is no sign of her returning to their lives, Uday's father wishes that he marry Jay. The maharani, Rajmata Mrinalini Devi (Aroona Irani) is somewhat unconvinced but gives into the family's wishes.

Mrinalini Devi's character appears to be inspired by Rajmata Gayatri Devi and Aroona Irani fits into the role competently.

But it looks like the producers want to dispense with the suspense factor as Muniya will be reunited with her royal family soon. How does that happen? In the most ridiculously contrived manner, where the princess-turned-pauper lands up at a disco with her neighbour-cum-love interest Akash (Abhishek Ravat).

She bumps into Uday, who is fascinated by this feisty creature and accidently tears her kurta as he accosts her to know who she is. In true filmi style, there is a scar on her upper back — Uday had accidently hurt Manyata during a sword fight in his childhood! This happens in Hindi movies and soaps only.

So, now it appears like Jaynandini's wedding with Uday might be called off as he will probably be the hero who rescues his childhood sweetheart and rides away with her into the sunset.

Like we said, the plot is unexciting and as old as the hills where the maharajas of yesteryears resided. The star cast is far from sparkling and the pace is rather dull.

No wonder, in its opening week, this show got a poor TRP of 1.5. The audiences have already given their verdict so unless there is a drastic improvement, this soap will simply fade away from our lives.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/showbiz/tv-guide/dull-fairy-tale-needs-rescue-584

aish. thumbnail
Monia-Jainandini's cold war in Sony's Dekha Ek Khwaab!

(26mins ago)
There has been much of drama created inSony's Dekha Ek Khwaab as everyone is finding hard to accept Monia aka Priyal Goras Rajkumari Manyata. But finally after all mayhem, Monia has become Rajkumari Manyata. 

And still there is one member in the family who is not able to accept Manyata as her elder sister and she is none other than Rajkumari Jainandini (Shritama Mukherjee). It seems that more drama will unfold in the near future.

According to the source, "In the upcoming episodes, the two Princesses of the Rajmahal will have to share a room, which originally belonged to Jainandini. And Manyata will fill the room with her chawl stuff, which will irritate Jainandini. Not only this, the two will enter into a verbal spat; finally the war will end only when the room will be divided into two parts. Apart from this, Manyata's friend Chiky and Soni and Jainandini's friend K and L will also be a part of this cold war".

When contacted Priyal Gor aka Monia, she confirmed this news and said, "Yes, we are shooting a sequence where Shritama and I will be seen fighting and will plot to throw each other out of the room. The looser will be thrown out of the room and the winner will get the full room (smiles)".

This fight seems to be bringing in new twist!

aish. thumbnail

Ankita Bhargava to cameo in R.K.Laxman ki Duniya

Thursday, December 08, 2011 | 12:53:13 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    7 Comments
Ankita Bhargava to cameo in R.K.Laxman ki Duniya

Unnati of Dekha Ek Khwaab all set to essay Monica in R.K.Laxman...

Ankita Bhargava, whose glimpse we saw inSony TV's Dekha Ek Khwaab as Unnati, has bagged another cameo in Hats Off's R. K. Laxman ki Duniya.

A source revealed to Tellybuzz , "Ankita Bhargava has been part of the Hats Off family since she was 13.Therefore, she was also seen in Hats Off's Mrs.Tendulkar which recently finished it's run. And now she has been offered a cameo in R. K. Laxman ki Duniya's coming episodes."

"Ankita would be playing the role of Monica, enters the colony as a Fitness and Health representative who will check health status of the members. She finished shooting for the episode a few days back which is expected to be telecast sometime this week." 

We contacted Ankita who confirms, "Yes, I am doing R. K. Laxman ki Duniya as Hats Off and I are like family and I cannot say no to them. Therefore, in spite of shooting for Dekha Ek Khwaab, I managed to do the show."

Hope the audience is enjoying the R.K.Laxman sitcom!
shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9

2 new shows starting tonight

TNN | Nov 21, 2011, 12.00AM IST

After the success of "Kaun Banega Crorepati", Sony Entertainment Television is set to launch two shows tonight - " Dekha Ek Khwaab" and "Parvarrish".

"Dekha Ek Khwaab" is Monia's story, the lead protagonist, whose life transforms drastically. The show will feature Aroona Irani as Rajmata Mrinalini.

"Parvarrish", on the other hand, is a captivating story of closely knit families of two sisters, Sweety Ahluwalia and Pinky Ahuja, who are caught up in a healthy sibling rivalry in their attempt to be a better parent. Two popular TV faces, Shweta Tiwari and Rupali Ganguly play the roles of the sisters.

Watch "Dekha Ek Khwaab" and "Parvarrish" at 8.45 and 9.30pm respectively.

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9

Drastic transformation

TNN | Dec 8, 2011, 12.00AM IST

Drama and confrontation are rife at the Devgarh palace where Monia has been brought to meet her royal family. 

Far from crossing the threshold of the palace with a smile, Monia thrashes around in total frustration and anger at her condition, where her hands are tied and her beloved father has been taken away by force. The Royal Palace of Devgarh awaits its princess in full glory and splendor and the Rajmata is happy to see her favourite grandchild return to her care. 

In the palace, preparations are in full swing to change Monia from a frump to a stylish princess of Devgarh. This indeed is a big day in Monia's life but her dreams have come true with dark overtones which have also taken away her beloved father. Monia's dreams of getting to live a princess' life is taking shape. The question is, how will she accept this new chapter in her life? How will the royal experience influence her? Monia's secret dreams reached out to impossible heights but do dreams come alive for good or bad? Follow the journey of her as a princess on Dekha Ek Khwaab on December 8 and 9 on Sony Entertainment Television.