Debate Mansion

SEXUALITY debate: Why can't people live their life

Posted: 12 years ago
😕😕😕 Come on guys, I think this will be a good debate as long as it is healthy and constructive.  SEXUALITY has been the topic of debate all over the world and what people want to do with their life.  Is it a sin to be gay and not straight?  Or bisexual?  Why can't people live their life the way they want to?  I think it will be something once and for all we should get out of our minds.  Discuss it maturely please! 

I can't wait to see what your take on this is! 

😃😃😃👏

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I hold more traditional views but in modern times we may need to be more tolerant of an individual's sexual preferences.
We did debate this before but no harm having fresh angles.
Rehanism thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Of course..Why not!! Everyone has the same right to live their life the way they want - be it heteros or homos or bisexuals. Freedom is for all..

Speaking of traditions, given our present conservativeness about sex as a whole most people are unaware of the fact that Indian society has traditionally been tolerant and mature on sexuality and has generally accepted homosexuality. With few exceptions like Manu Smriti and Arthashastra, most texts hold same-sex attraction as a rare, but natural behaviour and India remains one of the few ancient societies to recognize homos as a separate gender - most others in the West believed them to be some sort of demonic beings.

In any case - traditions or not - we need to have a rational and tolerant outlook, keep aside prejudices and remove misconceptions through open discussions about sexuality. That's the most important thing.
Edited by Darklord_Rehan - 12 years ago
Leve thumbnail
Of course it's not a sin to be a homo. It's not bad if one likes a person who is the same sex. I have no idea why some people are grossed out at the fact that a person can like someone within his/her own sex. Any person, straight or homo, has the right to happiness and that happiness can come from whoever.
TheUltimate thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I am not against gays. Gay marriages is very debatable. I am ok them calling their union a marriage as long as it is not affecting the "traditional" marriage definition.
Summer3 thumbnail
Well even Bollywood has recognized same sex pairs and made movies:

This is interesting:

Hrithik Roshan, the new gay icon?

Friday, November 18, 2011 | 6:34:15 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    5 Comments
Hrithik Roshan, the new gay icon?

Dostana's famed screen couple, John Abraham and Abhishek Bachchan, have met their match in another suave stud who has recently been tagged as B-town's new "gay icon".

Dostana's famed screen couple, John Abraham and Abhishek Bachchan, have met their match in another suave stud who has recently been tagged as B-town's new "gay icon". The honor was bestowed upon none other than handsome hunk, Hrithik Roshan!

Just a few days back, it was announced that he was amongst the top 10 most kissed celebrities at Madame Tussauds, though his statue was only unveiled this past January. Not only does his wax likeness attract the attention of fawning fangirls of all ages, but also of many men who admire his fit physique and irresistible charm.

Given this amusing tidbit, should KJo amend Dostana 2 to accommodate Hrithik and turn the cast into a terrific trio? We, for sure, would not object, and we doubt many of the fairer sex would miss the chance to see all of their favorites together on the silver screen!

This content was originally posted by-goneforever

😕😕😕 Come on guys, I think this will be a good debate as long as it is healthy and constructive.  SEXUALITY has been the topic of debate all over the world and what people want to do with their life.  Is it a sin to be gay and not straight?  Or bisexual?  Why can't people live their life the way they want to?  I think it will be something once and for all we should get out of our minds.  Discuss it maturely please! 

I can't wait to see what your take on this is! 

👏

It takes time to get used to social changes. Traditional, cultural, and religious beliefs also play a role in shaping people's perspective. And then there is always the issue with actual bigotry and prejudice prevalent in society and human minds.

Hope the light of science, logic and rationality open people's eyes to what is fair and just.
Summer3 thumbnail
We always measure and judge others based on our own beliefs, but our views could be limited due to our ignorance and prejudices. Situations change over time and right and wrong are not easy to tell.
cyrax thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
mutual consesnsus ad idem. noone should judge the homosexual people in my opinion.
PemaKarpo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Well, I do not think it's a crime to be homosexual or bisexual. It is way a person wants to lead his/her life and as long as they do it out of choice, it's perfectly alright. And as you say, people have the right to live their lives the way they want, as long as their way of life is not a nuinsance to the public!

But sometimes, environment does play an important role in making an individual turn homosexual. Take Saudi Arabia for instance. It is probably one of the countries with a high number of gays and lesbians. It could probably be because of the stringent and dogmatic views of the country and its law. It's generally beleived that if the normal is forbidden, people take the abnormal path. In such countries, it is a crime for a man and woman who are not related to be seen together in public places. When people of the same sex gather for an event or are seen together, it does not raise suspision. And some people could see it a way of rebelling againt their country or religion. In some cases, if men and women experience traumatic experience at the hands of the opposite sex during childhood, then there is a possibility of these people seeking comfort and love from other people of their own sex. This may make them feel secure.

So, if an individual has taken the decision to be homosexual maturely, then there isn't a problem. Otherwise, they may require councelling.