Debate Mansion

can ur X b ur frnd?

MS.ATTITUDE thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
yes frnds,,, can ur X bf or gf b ur JUS frnds?

OR

once lovers can't b JUS frnds again?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MS.ATTITUDE thumbnail
plz replyy cuz dis is nt jus a thread ?i need suggestionsssss 😕
ashley1 thumbnail
Beleive me, I treid it over & over again, for almost 5 years, & it doesn't happen. No matter how hard you try, if the love is real, it will always come between your friendly relationship. So, the best way to live is if the relationship with the X didn't work out, forget him forever, & move forward in life. Or else, you won't reach or go anywhere as your mind will keep returning to that unsuccessful relationship.
As a result, if you two were lovers, just be lovers forever because freindship is a different relationship. Lovers can never be friends but friends can be lovers. Edited by ashley1 - 18 years ago
MS.ATTITUDE thumbnail
thx ashlyyyy so sweet of u 😊
Morgoth thumbnail
it depends on the person and the nature of the break-up, really. If your ex is mature and willing to remain friends with you even after your break-up, then its highly possible. Also If the break-up was on mutual terms - a friendly break-up, then its also possible.

it also depends on how understanding your current bf/gf is. its not great if your friendship with your ex creates misunderstandings/problems in your current relationship. though, that can be taken care of by clearly explaining the nature of your relationship with your ex.
ashley1 thumbnail
Sorry, read the BluePrint again. It was incorrect before. I just updated it.
Aparna_BD thumbnail
In my personal experience and experience of my friends who've had an ex its not easy to stay on friendly terms with an ex . There are too many hard feelings between the two who didn't make it !!

And when you have the new love in your life , one ends up seeing friction on the "ex" issue with the new love of your life .

In the long run , it just doesn't work out !!
sweet freedom thumbnail
it depends how they became yr ex...right
Misfit_ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
It's different for each situation, and every person. Through personal experience, and what I've seen--going from a romantic relationship to one of just platonic friendship is difficult if not impossible, because in most cases, the breakup is not mutual.
sowmyaa thumbnail
Well, I would say in either case if it was mutual breakoff or it it was hurting breakoff I personally think it's hard to remain as friends...you always have that little possessiveness towards that X. I think to meet everyday and just be friend can be really hard no matter how you got seperated.