Debate Mansion

How can the cartoon issue be resolved ?

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Hi Debators , in our earlier post that discussed the offensive cartoons of Prohpet Mohammad . One thing the majority agreed on that these cartoons were certainly outrageously offensive and they should have not been printed .

Now the Muslim population has retaliated in many ways - the moderates showing their disapproval , while the extremist burning embassies and church . Some non - Muslims reacting negatively as well . On the whole , this issue is still not in control yet .

This debate is to discuss what could be done to bring back peace again
 So please lets stick to the topic and not deviate from the issue . Lets consider that almost every body in this forum disapproves of those cartoons . Although every one has their degree of disapproval.

So should :

Denmark apologise ?????? Shouldn't a Country give in , whats an apology where it can bring in peace to their Country and World wide ??

or

If they do apologise do you think all the violence related to this issue would come to an end ?
or

Will the Islamic Extremist who are shouting that the cartoonist and the editor must be be- headed as per the Sharia law will stop once Denmark apologises ?

or is there another solutions that could bring back the peace that was disturbed due to the blashphemous cartoons ?

Note :Please stick to giving solutions to this issue. We have another thread that criticises the cartoon !!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Uk_Princez thumbnail
nah i dun think dey should accept da apoligie cuz wat dey did was rong so i think the drawer should hav his HEAD cut off.
hydrogurl001 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
the cartoons were HIGHLY offensive. Denmark, the newspaper printers, and the drawers NEED TO APOLOGIZE. But even then, I don't think the situation would end
Lady In Pink thumbnail
Aparna dii....i dont know about what the solution can be...but let me tell you whats happening back here in Pakistan. If this continues further, hardly any1 will stay alive . So many people died today also.

Ever since this drawing has come out, most of the muslim countries have launched into a huge protest. Riots and rallies were taking place in different parts of Pakistan. Yesterday Lahore and Pehawar, 2 cities of Pakistan suffered a lot because of all this. People started opening fire on buildings, blowing up bombs, burning cars and tyres, and God knows what to show their disrespect to that cartoon.

The number of people who died can rise to the hundreds.In Karachi(whr i live) today and tommorow is a strike.All schools are closed(yay! πŸ˜ƒ )and ppl are advised not to get out of their houses unless absolutely neccesary.

Now tell me, is this fair to all the innocent people who lost their lives thanks to the protests? Is this what Islam teaches us? Killing our fellow brothers ? Who are we doing this for--The Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) ---who himself was such a kind and peace loving man? What are we trying to prove?

Sorry for the long essay.... πŸ˜› ....hope icould get my point across. I just hope someone knocks some sense into these ppl who are determined to act all violent

-Eisha
sweet freedom thumbnail
i think they should say sorry and admit they were wrong, but i am pretty sure they wont be forgiven but atleast it would seem like they were sorry
Aparna_BD thumbnail
Originally posted by: EiShA

Aparna dii....i dont know about what the solution can be...but let me tell you whats happening back here in Pakistan. If this continues further, hardly any1 will stay alive . So many people died today also.

Ever since this drawing has come out, most of the muslim countries have launched into a huge protest. Riots and rallies were taking place in different parts of Pakistan. Yesterday Lahore and Pehawar, 2 cities of Pakistan suffered a lot because of all this. People started opening fire on buildings, blowing up bombs, burning cars and tyres, and God knows what to show their disrespect to that cartoon.

The number of people who died can rise to the hundreds.In Karachi(whr i live) today and tommorow is a strike.All schools are closed(yay! πŸ˜ƒ )and ppl are advised not to get out of their houses unless absolutely neccesary.

Now tell me, is this fair to all the innocent people who lost their lives thanks to the protests? Is this what Islam teaches us? Killing our fellow brothers ? Who are we doing this for--The Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) ---who himself was such a kind and peace loving man? What are we trying to prove?

Sorry for the long essay.... πŸ˜› ....hope icould get my point across. I just hope someone knocks some sense into these ppl who are determined to act all violent

-Eisha

Very well said Eisha . Maybe the moderate and rational Muslims all over the world like you and others who condemn the unnecesary violence , should speak up and ask their rioting brothers to calm down and accept the apology of the Newspaper .
I am sure Prohpet Mohammad like you said who preached love and peace would be very upset with this violence .
Edited by Aparna_BD - 18 years ago
sweet freedom thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aparna_BD

Very well said Eisha . Maybe the moderate and rational Muslims all over the world like you and others who condemn the unnecesary violence , should speak up and ask their rioting brothers to calm down and accept the apology of the Newspaper .
I am sure Prohpet Mohammad like you said who preached love and peace would be very upset with this violence .

very well said, and i agree with u totally

Originally posted by: eisha

its okay, the long essay was very goodπŸ˜ƒ

~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
another topic on this...woow.well im 2 lazy 2 rewrite it so im jus copyin wat i wrote in da PSF discussion on this

no doubt wat was done was wrong. the castoons tht were published in the danish paper were bad. the most famous 1 is the 1 with Prophet Muhammad's turban with a bomb in it...but others are a lot worse thn them....theres 1 tht had prophet muhammad (pbuh) portrayed as a pig..like a human head on a pig body type of thing and he is writing the Quran...itz bad 2 have ne1 portrayed as a pig let alone a religios figure of a religion tht looks down upon pigs and sees thm as the worst animal...and WRITING the quran???? the quran is Allah's words and no human rote it or cud have ritten it.
another 1 had a pic of the quran with a huge swastica (dunno how 2 spell it da nazi symbol durin WW2) on da cover and on the side it said "the religion of peace...hah my a**).....these cartoons are disrespectful tthey show how ignorant the artists are.

ok so we all agree tht what was done was wrong....no1 can deny tht.

but wat the muslims did in retaliation was even worse. Yes the Danish were wrong but it wasnt violent...Muslims retreated 2 violence and tht is bad...they KILLED innocent ppl and thtz not good!! Islam is the religion of peace but with crazy extremists hu dunno their religion properly and misinterpret EVERYTHING and claim 2 b "religious" no nonmulsim is eva gonna believe tht ISlam is a religion of peace. they make all other muslims look bad and they r the 1z hu need 2 b taken care of (sorry if i sound 2 harsh but i have sumthing against extremist "islamic"(-in qoutes cuz i think der actionz r totally unislamic) groups..but tht is a whole different topic)

when sumthing bad is done u dun try 2 do something worse in retaliation cuz thn u got a war goin on and inoe tht no1 likez blud shed (xcept a bunch of weirdos out there)...v shud try 2 find peaceful solutions 2 everything not violent 1z cuz violence iz ez but wrong and peace is da rite way 2 approach solutionz

i think the leaders of all da muslim countries shud have gotten 2gether and written a letter or made a proposal 2 Denamrkz governmet and all of it cud have been done a lot more peacefully and in a civilized manner.....rioting and bobing embassies killz innocent pplz and in da end the muslims end up killing 1 and another
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Uk_Princez

nah i dun think dey should accept da apoligie cuz wat dey did was rong so i think the drawer should hav his HEAD cut off.

thtz harsh...u sound like da rioters out there....so do u think the Muslim response was appropriate?

~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
Originally posted by: EiShA

Aparna dii....i dont know about what the solution can be...but let me tell you whats happening back here in Pakistan. If this continues further, hardly any1 will stay alive . So many people died today also.  yea i hrd abt tht....itz sooo sad

Ever since this drawing has come out, most of the muslim countries have launched into a huge protest. Riots and rallies were taking place in different parts of Pakistan. Yesterday Lahore and Pehawar, 2 cities of Pakistan suffered a lot because of all this. People started opening fire on buildings, blowing up bombs, burning cars and tyres, and God knows what to show their disrespect to that cartoon. but how is tht affecting the cartoonists?...the ppl rnt being harmed...in these riots the ppl r only harming themselves, their loved ones and their countrymen...so their actionz r dumb and an inappropri8 way 2 go abt it

The number of people who died can rise to the hundreds.In Karachi(whr i live) today and tommorow is a strike.All schools are closed(yay! πŸ˜ƒ )and ppl are advised not to get out of their houses unless absolutely neccesary. c how thes unnecessary riots affected civillianz livez..not gud nah

Now tell me, is this fair to all the innocent people who lost their lives thanks to the protests? defin8ly not....sum1 needs 2 tell the rioters abt thisIs this what Islam teaches us?NO!!...they r going against Islamic teachings in da name of Islam😑 I h8 it wen they do tht Who are we doing this for--The Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) ---who himself was such a kind and peace loving man? What are we trying to prove? i noe rite....the ppl say they r doing it 4 him..but u noe wat..if he were alive rite now he wudnt have acted this way...these ppl need 2 read his biography and varefully notice all da harsh things the arabs did 2 him wen he brought them the religion and they didnt accept it...he never acted this way 2 thm....instead he jus prayed 2 God 2 enlighten thm and show them the right way. Remember the story of Taif? (Those of u hu have read his bigraphy wud defin8ly noe it) He went 2 tht town near Makkah 2 preach thm abt Islam...the ppl disliked his ideas and wat did they do? they beat him up....de lil kids were tld 2 pelt him with stones and and he was brutally abused both physically and psycologically and wat did he do in return? he prayed 2 God 2 show thm the right path ...he prayed 4 thm and left the city....luk at da Muslim community of 2day...all they wanna do is fite each other...they jus need reasons 2 fite ppl and claim tht they r doing it 4 da sake of Islam.

Sorry for the long essay.... πŸ˜› ....hope icould get my point across. I just hope someone knocks some sense into these ppl who are determined to act all violent   I hope so 2.....weirdos....they need a b lectured well

-Eisha